Wrestling Thread Jan 9-22 | 1/20 Smackdown Roulette from Vega - D Bry vs Mark Henry

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by hombrelobo
Sorry, but I'm 100% against you guys on this one.  I won't argue like I did with A-Ry (because A-Ry was never over and sucked in every aspect).  Ryder was at least over with the crowd, but he is really not that good in the ring.  Plus, WWE is determined to bury him.  He got over on his own, and Vince hates stars that he didn't create.  Look how much of a geek they've turned him into over the past few weeks.  I just don't see him ever getting a real push.  If I'm wrong on this one, then good for Ryder.  I don't think he has what it takes to be a main eventer, but he could definitely be a solid midcard guy.
The crowd would beg to differ.
A-Ry was only over because of the rub he got from the Miz. That's it. Ultimately, though, him beating the Miz at Capitol Punishment did nothing for either guy. In fact, I think it put a complete 180 on Miz's momentum in the WWE.

Okay that pg comment got a laugh out of me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This. Zack will be big in 2012.

Sidenote- I'm ready to admit I made a bad call about A-Ry. #@+% that guy.
Sorry, but I'm 100% against you guys on this one.  I won't argue like I did with A-Ry (because A-Ry was never over and sucked in every aspect).  Ryder was at least over with the crowd, but he is really not that good in the ring.  Plus, WWE is determined to bury him.  He got over on his own, and Vince hates stars that he didn't create.  Look how much of a geek they've turned him into over the past few weeks.  I just don't see him ever getting a real push.  If I'm wrong on this one, then good for Ryder.  I don't think he has what it takes to be a main eventer, but he could definitely be a solid midcard guy.

He needs to evolve a lot. Like I said, this title change will likely be for the best. He needs to work on a lot, you're right. But he has natural charisma. He seriously needs promo work. He has the catchphrase thing down, but that's it. He needs improve class to improve his timing and delivery of lines. He fumbles his words too much. His wildlines are terrible, too. On top of that WWE still doesn't know how to book him. (See tire changing fiasco
alien.gif
)

With all that said, he's young and will improve. He'll be fine as a midcarder for now.

I'm just saying, I think WWE knows exactly what they're doing with how they're booking him.  They got their few months of big merchandise sales out of him.  They tried to pair him with Cena to help Cena get cheers.  And now, they are going to punish him for getting himself over on his own and book him as a geek/loser.
Based on what WWE is doing, I think he's jobber status within a month or two.

A-Ry was only over because of the rub he got from the Miz. That's it. Ultimately, though, him beating the Miz at Capitol Punishment did nothing for either guy. In fact, I think it put a complete 180 on Miz's momentum in the WWE.
Thank you.

Touche.gif

True, but that match doing nothing to springboard him is more the WWE forgetting he's on the roster than his actual doing.

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

on a sidenote - i'm so glad WWE calmed down with the twitter references.

Gotdamn you brasil..Now you done jinxed it and thats all Cole is gonna talk about..

i'm all for my people not playing an off the wall, stereotypical, racially charged character in the WWE, but goddamnit i can't stand Teddy Long.

God I hate this R-Truth character.  He was so good as a serious heel back at Capital Punishment.  Sorry TennHouse.
I can't believe they put this on at the top of the hour.  This segment is going to die in the ratings.

I'm just saying, I think WWE knows exactly what they're doing with how they're booking him.  They got their few months of big merchandise sales out of him.  They tried to pair him with Cena to help Cena get cheers.  And now, they are going to punish him for getting himself over on his own and book him as a geek/loser.
Based on what WWE is doing, I think he's jobber status within a month or two.

He lost tonight, but I don't think he looked like a loser. We'll see what happens. Only time will tell.

Sidenote- I don't think WWE ever knows exactly what their doing.
laugh.gif

It's so funny how WWE brags about trending, and when you click on the trending topics, everything is people talking negative.
Sheamus, pounding your chest is not getting over with the crowd.  You're not HBK.

Back
Top Bottom