Wrestling Thread Jan 19-Feb: 1/29 LIVE Smackdown 8pm et - Bryan v Kane Casket Match

Of all the companies out there, I was always invested in WWE. I don't know why but their stories hooked me in. I can't even remember the best TNA storyline that I had watched. For some reason, I find it really difficult to get into another promotion's storyline. I like promos, skits, all that silly ****. Do other companies do that? The actual wrestling doesn't mean much if there's no story to back it up.

Kinda sorta feel the same way. I watch other promotions but I'm not emotionally invested as I am with wwe.

Be prepared to be called a fake wrestling fan and people lecturing you with titan graphs about njpw and the indys.
People love to play the contrarian part.

Last edited:
I once tried getting into that type of stuff. Watch Joe vs Kobashi. It got a 5 star rating. I watched it like WTF is this? Dudes just slapping each other for no reason. I tried but that stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

If the Indies are so great then how come all the wrestlers don't wanna be there? They all wanna go to WWE. They all wanna be at Wrestlemania. Anytime i hear an interview with someone from who wrestled in the indies before their big move to the E, they sound so ashamed they were even there. You never hear them talk about the people who supported them before they blew up. A friend of mine is a wrestler and he said some thing like"some fan said I had a good match, like why the **** do I care what he thinks is a good match?". I was so shocked. All he talks about is I can't wait to get called up to the Development league. They really could care less about entertaining the smarks, nerds and dorks who actually put money in their pockets, come to the local shows, chant their names. They just wanna entertain the lowest common denominator. Sad but true, friends.

So many parallels to the music industry btw.

Kinda sorta feel the same way. I watch other promotions but I'm not emotionally invested as I am with wwe.

Be prepared to be called a fake wrestling fan and people lecturing you with titan graphs about njpw and the indys.
People love to play the contrarian part.

I'm going to be 32 in May. I've been watching WWE since I was 5. Emotionally invested almost 27 years so i feel like i should ride it out until my death.

Was worried about getting homie for the rumble due to inclement weather. Booked a bus ticket, thanks for the idea @Dat Dude Chris
pimp.gif

I once tried getting into that type of stuff. Watch Joe vs Kobashi. It got a 5 star rating. I watched it like WTF is this? Dudes just slapping each other for no reason. I tried but that stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

So many parallels to the entertainment industry btw.

You gonna get murked for that first paragraph. You know you can't talk bad about njpw or the indys here. :smh:

Didn't read the second Titan graph at all. And won't

Fixed the last sentence for you

Its like Jim Cornette said "you used to have the marks in the crowd and the smarks in the ring. Now its the other way around"

Dudes beating the **** out of each other for no reason whatsoever. And that match sucked! It was boring, it wasn't entertaining. And the idiots in the crowd were chanting "this is awesome" why? They were just chopping each other. I sure as hell didn't see it. That's just my opinion though.

And btw I really like Joe but that match was the *****.

I've been to 4 indy shows. ROH when it was Bryan's last match against Nigel. It was a good show. Can't remember much but Cesaro was there and he was incredible.

My friend wrestles for House of Glory in Queens. Some solid action but I don't know what the stories are.

Listening to the ross report with Victoria on my power walk. She said lana asked her for advice on how to become a wrestler. After that rusev gig runs dry I think she's gonna get a nice little push in the women's divison. She can't be worse than Eva Marie.

Last edited:
This is the last thing the WWE needs, especially after that Punk podcast. Wouldn't be surprised if this story picked up steam just like the NFL lawsuits.

Even though it will never happen, the wrestlers really need to unionize man. Or form some sort of collective effort to protect themselves

3- I really can't argue that point..I just don't really think Patera was ever "the guy"..Not saying he wasn't popular, cause I always liked him and knew who he was, but I don't think he's as popular as you want him to be..

i don't think he has to be as good as you think to get into the hof
mostly all heenan's stable from 84/85/86 are in already, patera has beef with mcmahon tho, thats the only reason i can think of

here is a list of hofers that one could use case's patera arguments against
patera is on the same level or higher than:

Ivan Putski
Baron Scicluna
Big John Studd
JYD
Bob Orton
Paul Orndorff
Tony Atlas
Peter Maivia
Koko B. Ware
Jim Duggan
Bob Armstrong

and am tempted to put down jake roberts as well

Thanks but that wasnt me that suggested that haha. You still goin to the ROH show on Saturday tho?

Ahh getting all my Philly people mixed up. Think it was furiousstylez.

I got Tix but there's supposed to be heavy snow ok Saturday. I live in the suburbs so still 45 min for me into the city

I got Tix but there's supposed to be heavy snow ok Saturday. I live in the suburbs so still 45 min for me into the city

Yea I think it was him and ohh ok. Damn I aint know it supposed to snow on Saturday too tho smh. The show is like 20 minutes from where Im coming from

Yea I think it was him and ohh ok. Damn I aint know it supposed to snow on Saturday too tho smh. The show is like 20 minutes from where Im coming from

You guys going to ROH too?... Bullet Club is signing beforehand...

Back
Top Bottom