Wrestling Thread Jan 19-Feb: 1/29 LIVE Smackdown 8pm et - Bryan v Kane Casket Match

Im with you at 12. 

Looked at the past. Idk if we got a shot at any prizes. Looks like its usually a pop spot. But they never do anything. 

I looked it up too and it seems like recently we've had some decent entrants..Whoever it is has to be better than the year I got Ezekiel Jackson. :smh: ..I do think this will be the year that we get a winner from the 10-15/16 spot..We can't have another 28-30 or a 1-3 winner cause it's too obvious..

See ya there.

Yes sir..The day of, you'll have to tell me where to meet up with you..Being the dinosaur that I am, I don't own a cell phone..So we'll have to pre-arrange a meet up..How many people are coming with you?

All 3 years I got JTG, Primo, and one of the Usos. I have no reason to think I won't get Mojo Rowley or Curtis Axel :lol:

MAN WOT

2011 Zack Ryder None Daniel Bryan 0:43 2nd (Out of 40)
2012 Cody Rhodes 6: Santino Marella, Mick Foley, Jerry Lawler, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Booker T (w/ Dolph Ziggler) & The Great Khali (w/ Dolph Ziggler) The Big Show 41:55 24th
2013 Kofi Kingston 2: Tensai & Darren Young Cody Rhodes 21:18 9th
2014 Cody Rhodes 1: Alexander Rusev (w/ CM Punk, Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston) Goldust 20:50 11th

What's a good bar in Philly by the stadium? Trying to have a nice meal with the fellas before heading to the arena and I'm tired of cheesteaks out there
laugh.gif
Where is the Best cheesteaks out there?

First time going to Philly this Sunday and I'm trying to eat the best around there. 
Max's cheesesteaks in North Philly but you gotta tread lightly around there seeing as it's kind of the hood.  John's Roast Pork is the best cheesesteak in South Philly but they're only open til about 4.  Fat Joe's isn't too far from there.  Pat's and Geno's are only bad because of the choices around the city.  Ishkabibble's and Jim's are right across the street from each other on South St.  Experiment and decide for yourself.

Overall cheesesteak rankings:

1. John's Roast Pork

2. Max's

3. Cosmi's (around the corner from Pat's and Geno's)(they also make a good hoagie)

4. Ishkabibble's (best chicken cheesesteak by a mile)

5. Jim's

Honorable mention:

Dalessandro's (never been but I've heard great things)

Dinic's in the Reading Terminal (get the roast pork)

Campos

Misc.

Fette Sau- BBQ, craft beer, and whiskey
Alla Spina- craft beer and lots of pork
Han Dynasty

Reading Terminal- Amish breakfast is the truth
Federal Donuts- fried chicken and donuts
Barcarde- craft beer and old school video games
Frankford Hall- beer garden/ping pong
Standard Tap- bar
Capogiro- GREAT gilato
Green Eggs Cafe- brunch. get the red velvet pancakes

Franklin Fountain- Best ice cream in the world

Chickie and Pete's- bar next to the sports complex

Oh and if you like the thick chicks that are in music videos then Onyx would be a worthy after hours spot.  It's close to the stadiums.  Ask for the chick that does the water bottle trick.

Last edited:
That flip of the belt to Heyman Brock did before getting in the ring last night :pimp: .

I have entrant #5 in the B pool. That number ranges from Stone Cold winning in 97 to Drew Carey entering in 01 smh.

I wonder if Sting will walk out and quit WWE on Monday complaining about his WM match...
 [h1]Sting reportedly “burned out” from hectic WWE schedule (KAYFABE NEWS)[/h1]
Sources within World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) reveal that legendary professional wrestler Sting has resigned from the company, citing “burnout” from the rigors of non-stop touring and silent glowering.

The enigmatic wrestler, who made his first WWE appearance at Survivor Series last November and then another last night on Monday Night Raw, said he just “can’t spend so much time away from family anymore.”

In a prepared statement for reporters, Sting explained: “The airplanes, the hotels, the rental cars, the facepaint rashes — it takes such a toll, and I need a rest.”

Sting’s much-ballyhooed arrival in WWE late last year was considered a milestone in professional wrestling, since he was one of the only remaining major stars of the industry never to have performed in a WWE ring. But with a seemingly endless string of two appearances under his belt, and another rumored for WrestleMania in March, the Icon realized he just couldn’t continue at such a gruelling pace.

Sting was last seen with Brock Lesnar as the duo were en route to the bank, laughing.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Just messin' with ya bro,lol Just checked out that Chickie's & Pete's that furious mentioned above, maybe she can get in there without any problems?

But yeah, we're going 6 deep on my end and we all have Bullet Club shirts and different championship belts, even though it makes no sense :lol:

Lol I know but I'll be down to meet everyone at Chickies & Petes lol. Also I was gon rock that Young Bucks shirt but something just came thru......

View media item 1362310
And it came with a NJPW sticker :smokin

How would you guys summarize X-Pac's career?..Is he over rated?..Future HOF'er?..Was he influential?..How did he compare to other cruiserweights of the time?

How would you guys summarize X-Pac's career?..Is he over rated?..Future HOF'er?..Was he influential?..How did he compare to other cruiserweights of the time?

Always been a fan of his (in the ring at least). He may be pegged as HHH/HBK's lackey, but dude could hold his own in the ring. I think he should be rated higher than he is, but he's only a HOF to me due to being in DX, and just being connected to more high profile people in general. It also doesn't help that he probably doesn't have any classic matches, though he has a good amount of faves of mine (vs D'Lo, Jericho, Jarrett, HBK, Owen Hart).

Back
Top Bottom