Wrestling Thread Feb 23 - Mar 1 | 2/24 ECW - Christian Challenges Swagger for the ECW Title

that chase scene was hilarious. hhh looking like an old man running.
laugh.gif

when hhh chucked the sledehammer it reminded me of friday the 13th when jason threw the axe at the black dude.
roll.gif

Tonight's show features:
* Mark Henry vs DJ Gabriel
* Tyson Kidd with Natalya vs Local Jobber
* Tommy Dreamer vs Paul Burchill
* Jack Swagger (c) vs Christian - ECW Title Match

It s being reported that Ted DiBiase Jr. may bring back the former WWF Championship "The Million Dollar Championship" In an interview in the latestedition of WWE Magazine Ted was asked if he would ever bring back the title.

Q. Any chance you might rock the Million Dollar Championship belt yourself someday?

A. I've thought about wearing it, not as a Championship, but as part of my wardrobe. If I do bring it back, it'll definitely be new and improved.I've got some ideas that I'm not sharing at this point. But I think everyone will be impressed with the way its reintroduced.

The Original Million Dollar Title hasn't been seen in WWE for over a decade when Ted Dibiase Sr. gave the Championship to the debuting Steve Austin.

Source:wrestlenewz.com

Author: Schembro

Anybody own one of the replica title belts? I had the WWE title version 1 for a while but I sold it. I'm looking to buy a Winged Eagle replica signed byHulk Hogan. They look sweet hanging on the wall. Definitely a conversation piece. Also pretty damn cool to wear around a party when you're hammered.

For whatever reason, a lot of wrestling heads outside of NT liked the ending of RAW.

I just don't see it.

What you didn't see on RAW last night.

-- For those who couldn't see it from our view, which was solid, it looked like Noble landed on the top of his head when he took Mike Knox's finisher. He was moving his arms and legs the whole time, which is good, but I doubt he'll be at Mania now.

-- It was obvious the Steamboat bit with Jericho was meant to take place in the ring, but couldn't b/c they had to move Noble. Micheal Cole had to hual you-know-what at the last minute to get up to the ramp for the bit.

-- The dark match main event saw John Cena defeat Edge by disqualification after the Big Show interfered. Cena then cleared Show out of the ring and hit his finisher on Edge to send the crowd home happy.

-- Top Heat: Edge and Jericho were hot, but Orton and Vickie Guerrero got the most BY FAR.

-- Top Cheers: Cena (Of course) and Christian, but HBK got the best reception of the night.

More on Jamie Noble.

As reported this evening, Jamie Noble was taken from the ring on a stretcher following his brief match with Mike Knox on Raw. For those wondering about the legitimacy of the injury, it definitely looks that way.

According to a fan in attendance at the event, "people were running around like crazy trying to get the medics, stretcher, etc." Medics tended to Noble while the entire Chris Jericho and Ricky Steamboat segment was taking place on the nearby stage. Medics spent at least ten minutes in the ring with Noble.

If you look back at the tape, Noble strangely had his legs bent and in the air instead of flat on the mat immediately following his pinfall loss to Knox.

No word yet on the severity or nature of Noble's injury.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

For whatever reason, a lot of wrestling heads outside of NT liked the ending of RAW.

I just don't see it.

I liked it.

Read Heyman's blog. Orton is not your typical monster heel, he's a new character doing things never done before.

Orton didn't touch HHH, HHH didn't touch Orton. Nobody got buried.

I'd elaborate more but I gotta go to class.

Originally Posted by Jules300

It s being reported that Ted DiBiase Jr. may bring back the former WWF Championship "The Million Dollar Championship" In an interview in the latest edition of WWE Magazine Ted was asked if he would ever bring back the title.
Yes.
pimp.gif

i laughed at that jamie noble match because it looked like he broke his neck. No i come home and see he is really hurt i feel this I I big smh
embarassed.gif

Hold up...not so fast on the previous Vince McMahon/Christian report.

Source says previous reports about Christian/McMahon are "unfounded"; McMahon high up on Christian.
pimp.gif

Reports that Vince McMahon has already soured on Christian are unfounded. According to a source close to the situation, Christian and McMahon ironed things out before he re-signed with the company. Christian reportedly even talked with Triple H (who he had some issues with) and worked them out as well. The reason Christian was pulled from the Hardy angle on SmackDown was because it leaked on the Internet. It had nothing to do with McMahon trying to prove TNA isn't major league or anything of that nature. McMahon is said to be high up on Christian and has not wrote him off by any means. Obviously last week's ECW rating was a disappointment internally, but no one at this point is considering Christian's return a flop. Christian is said to be getting along well since being back with the company and is getting back in the swing of things.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm confident this report is true because this writer is right 95% of the time and has legit insidesources in the wrestling industry...so I guess there may be hope after all.[/color]
smile.gif

Jamie Noble injury update.

Despite some tense moments at last night's Raw taping in Nashville, Jamie Noble is OK after being injured in his match with Mike Knox. The injury occurred when Noble took Knox's finisher and according to Mike Johnson, Noble only suffered a stinger. Noble was said to be in a tremendous amount of pain while medical personnel took every known precaution.

The Ricky Steamboat/Chris Jericho segment took place at the top of the ramp rather than in the ring as Noble was being tended to. As Ryan noted earlier, WWE tried to bring Raw back from commercial but had to go back to commercial, causing the show to run a couple of minutes long.

Kizarny sent back down to developmental.

- Kizarny was sent back to developmental because WWE officials felt he needed more seasoning. I was told there was a tremendous amount of disappointment with Kizarny's in-ring abilities and there is even a chance he could already be on the company chopping block. At 35 years old, there are some wondering how long of leash he has with the company.

Hurricane Helms on the chopping block?

- Hurricane Helms has not been on the road with WWE lately and I'm told he could be on the company chopping block as well. Some people feel like WWE only brought him back so he could pay the company back for his neck surgery (which WWE fronted money for). WWE routinely fronts money for surgeries/rehab and deducts the money from their paychecks when they come back. I commend Helms for coming back from his injury as the fact that he even tried to come back is remarkable.

According to the source, there's some backstage heat growing towards some older TNA Stars, specially Booker T.

A young Star, whose name wasn't revealed, said that Booker T has changed a lot during his time in the promotion. Apparently, the five-time WCW Champion isnot helping the younger wrestlers as much as he used to.

In addition, there is a feeling that if these young performers had the low-quality matches the MEM members are having, they wouldn't be so lucky as toremain in the promotion.

The source goes on to compare the situation with the last months of the now-defunct WCW before it was puchased by Vince McMahon.

Source: www.wrestlingdom.com

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Teddy Atlas's shirt cracks me up every time.
Realtalk.

In other news...

I. LOVE. JACK. SWAGGER. (He has grown on me tremendously... no 'mo)

Dude stays clownin' fans on the way to the ring.
pimp.gif

Ya'll remember Rob Conway's transformation into the 'Con Man' haha, I don't know why I thought of that right now.

thats was a fin good match between christan and swagger the crowd was really into it ECW is on the rise
pimp.gif

What a dope f'ing match. It lived up to the spoiler's words...crowd was VERY into it...PPV quality right there.

Impressed by both Swagger and Christian...I hope they do this again.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

Ya'll remember Rob Conway's transformation into the 'Con Man' haha, I don't know why I thought of that right now.
The Con Man was a golden god.

He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWEchampionship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and hisshocking jump to WCW. "Macho Man" Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He's widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitorsof all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: TheUltimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups.

Disc 1

WWE Debut
Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw
Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match
Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship
Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana
Boston Garden February 8, 1986