Wrestling Thread Feb 23 - Mar 1 | 2/24 ECW - Christian Challenges Swagger for the ECW Title

U telling me, 3 guys can't fight off one man with a sledgehammer?
smh.gif

The almighty politicing one prevails again.

That whole chase scene just came across as comical.

I'm really just not that into wrestling right now. I'm not feeling it.

I had the
smh.gif
x
laugh.gif
combo going on.

The Omega One strikes again.

Horrible way to end RAW.
Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

WHO THE #%%# IS DJ?!? GO TO HELL, ROCK!
That didn't help my mood out either.

"Hey, it's DJ..."

Really?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Why did Randy pick up a pole just to throw it back down? LMAO... Can't help but love WWE writing...

I was thinking the same thing.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

WWE is expected to make an announcement tomorrow that Wrestlemania 26 would be held on the March 28, 2010 at the University of Phoenix Sadium in Glendale,AZ. The stadium confirmed a press conference with company officials as well as stadium representatives and Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs as reported by TheArizona Republic.

Phoenix had been courting the event for some time, as more than a year ago there were photos of Wayne Gretzky wearing a Wrestlemania 2010 shirt printed in alocal newspaper.

3447786819.jpg

ECW Spoilers (2/24):

Spoiler [+]
Dark Match:

* Kofi Kingston defeated Ryan Braddock with his finisher. Braddock cut a heel promo before the match and said he would be headlining WrestleMania 27.

ECW on Sci-Fi for Tomorrow:

* Mark Henry with Tony Atlas defeated DJ Gabriel with Alicia Fox

* Tyson Kidd with Natalya defeated a local guy named Matt something. Kidd hit his big elbow move from last week and looked quite impressive.

* Tommy Dreamer beat Paul Burchill with his signature DDT. Pretty boring typical match here with Boogeyman coming out and pulling Katie Lea under the ring. Burchill got distracted and Dreamer got the win.

* ECW Champion Jack Swagger successfully defended his title against Christian. [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Great match with Swagger beating Christian with the gutwrench powerbomb.[/font] Christian was over huge with an ovation from the crowd that beat out most of the RAW stars for TV. Match of the night here, surprisingly. (Including RAW matches)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What the *+@+...son comes back and is already losing cleanly?
smh.gif
Vince is a cornball...they're using Christian as an enhancement talent to Swagger. I wanna see how good their match was and how over Christian was with the crowd, but I'm wondering what lies ahead for dude...[/color]

that barkley golf show should be gold
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

btw after hearing that one michael cole interview where he was cussin his @%$ off about how big hes done it as a broadcaster for the E and $%%@ i just hate himwith a passion!

and wth are they doing with cryme time now...
eyes.gif
this is a weird combo ofsantino and dolph
laugh.gif

btw i miss the good ol jerry lawler that antagonizes and takes sides now hes just boring
eyes.gif
besides the fact that last week he was tellin cole why hes asking soo manyquestions or soo many stupid questions or somethin of that nature it was pretty funny
laugh.gif
and cole didnt know what to say and he was like just trying to makeconversation king thank you
laugh.gif
or something like that

I didn't get to watch Raw yet and it looked like it is a pretty good episode, not great like last week, but pretty good. But from what I've heardthough it seems like they're taking Wrestlemania in the wrong direction to me with a few things.

-Why would you not have Miz and Morrison in MITB? I don't care if you are gonna unify the titles, they are both gold and with pushing the numbers up to 8they are gonna end up throwing people in that shouldn't be in it like the Raw EC with Mike Knox and Kane.
-I do not want to see Edge vs. Big Show at Wrestlemania. Vince is +@#@+*% over Christian when he had one of the biggest crowd pops in a while and allowing BigShow to be in a match at Wrestlemania? I don't know what Vince is thinking, but hopefully they don't go in that direction.
-Hearing that Legacy got destroyed tonight seems like they could put Orton over to me. Like it was mentioned in that article Heels usually are screwing thefaces over with dirty tactics and stuff up until a PPV and then the face pulls of the win. With HHH being able to dominate Legacy, I could see them put Ortonover. And it would push him into legendary status. Not only did he knock out two members of the McMahon family, but if he then beat "the greatest wrestlerof all-time" (Sarcasm
roll.gif
, because he will end up beating Flair's record of Title reigns), who is defending the honor of his wife. I still thinkthey need to have Orton cutting promos each week, and he should have done one this week basically saying that HHH can't stop him and he does what he wantsto whoever he wants.
-It also seems like they don't have the Jericho match set yet to me. If it's Hgan it will be terrible, he just can't come to Wrestlemania to beatJericho. It would just be Bull +!%%

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Jericho-Austin would be such a waste of an Austin comeback. It makes very little sense. I agree that a Rock-Jericho match would be great given their history, but I doubt Rock would do it.

Have Taker and HBK faced each other since the back-breaking Casket Match? I would assume they have but I cant think of anything..
yyes they have i beleive it was the same match that hurt michaels back which lead to many complications

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
at jericho interrupting yet another legend and puttin them down such a greatheal
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and not to sterotype or anything but a young steamboat really looked liked brandon lee scott the same guy that play bruce lee in the dragon movie

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"STAY DOWN!!! STAY DOWN!!!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he straight pooped him with the mic jericho is gold
laugh.gif
both as a seriousheal or a bratty heal
laugh.gif

and this pityful lawler is pathetic! he needs to go back to his healself! and WHAT THE HELL DOES LAWLER WEAR!? every week i see him wear a horrible brightglittery shirt!
laugh.gif
lookin like a hypebeast.

that chase was hilarious
laugh.gif
from HHH banging on the door to Orton tryin tobaracade the door with a table that wasnt even against the door and a sofa
laugh.gif
felt like i was watching the shinning to Rhodes comin outta no where and gettin in the car driving off to them letting the car open just for HHH tosmash which took a while for them to jet and seeemed like it gave enough time for HHH to just jump into the car instead of just smashing the door

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that whole chase was hilarious

and mike knox's finisher looks like it hurts him more than his opponent
laugh.gif

According to some fan reports from tonight's Raw in Nashville, Jamie Noble was taken from the ring on a stretcher following his brief match with Mike Knox.While it was not shown during the broadcast, Noble was loaded onto the stretcher and taken from the ring while the Chris Jericho/Ricky Steamboat segment wastaking place on stage. Stay tuned for an update on the story.

TNA iMPACT Spoilers (2/25)

Spoiler [+]
Credit to WNW

TNA Impact (Airing this week on Spike TV):

* The Beautiful People w/Cut Kip b. Taylor Wilde & Madison Rayne when Velvet Sky pins Taylor Wilde after Rayne turns on Wilde.

* TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. b. The Rock N' Rave Infection in an "Off The Wagon Challenge" when Robert Roode pinned Lance Rock after James Storm hit him with one of the tag titles. As we have been reporting here, Rock and Rave after finished with TNA Wrestling as their contract were not re-upped.

* Mike Tenay is in the ring interviewing the Main Event Mafia. Tenay asks whether or not Kurt Angle and Sting will fight for the TNA Championship at Destination X. Nash interrupts and says he is the spokesman for the group and tries to make peace. Jeff Jarrett comes out and officially announces Sting vs. Kurt Angle for the TNA Championship at Destination X. Booker T grabs the mic and insults Jeff Jarrett by saying he has no right to make the match. Jarrett says he does and the contract will be signed tonight.

* Don West cuts a heel promo towards Mike Tenay at the broadcast table. West says he heard Tenay was involved in meetings about West's contract. West leaves the broadcast position, throwing the mic at Tenay. Tenay is stunned.

* Alex Shelley b. Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, & Consequences Creed to retain in a four-way X Division Championship Ladder Match. Suicide hit the ring after the match and took out all four guys in the ring.

* Sojournor Bolt & Rhaka Khan cut an in-ring promo. They challenge Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed to a match.

* Sojournor Bolt & Rhaka Khan b. Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed. Sojournor gets the win with the pin on Raisha.

* Jeff Jarrett makes his way out to the ring for the Kurt Angle vs. Sting contract signing for Destination X. The Main Event Mafia with their bodyguards minus Sting come to the ring. Nash reiterates what he said earlier, the match will not happen. Jarrett asks Angle who is the leader of the Main Event Mafia. Jarrett insults Angle. Angle grabs the clipboard and signs the contract for the match. After he signs, he hits Jarrett in the head. Angle follows it up with an Olympic Slam as Mick Foley runs out to try and make the save. Angle puts on the ankle lock. Sting comes out with his baseball bat and hits Angle in the back. Sting helps Jarrett to his feet, then Foley, then signs the contract to make the match official to end this week's edition of Impact.

TNA iMPACT Spoilers (3/05)

Spoiler [+]
Credit to WNW

TNA Impact (Airing on March 5th on Spike TV):

* TNA X Division Champion Alex Shelley w/Chris Sabin b. Kiyoshi via pinfall to retain. After the match, Suicide comes out and lays out the Motor City Machineguns. He poses with the X Division Championship and leaves the ring.

* LAX comes out and cuts a promo, they accept Beer Money's "Off The Wagon Challenge" for later tonight.

* Mick Foley comes out and cuts a promo in the ring and introduces Sting. Sting comes out and Foley thanks him for the save last week. Foley tells Sting he hopes he leaves the Main Event Mafia. Sting says he appreciates the kind words but his problem is with Kurt Angle and not with the remaining members of the Main Event Mafia. The Main Event Mafia minus Angle comes out and Kevin Nash says that Sting shouldn't be listening to Foley. Sting says he has no problem with them but with Angle because of the disrespect of spitting in his face. Nash says he hopes Sting makes the right decision and they all leave.

* Out of nowhere, Don West is seem storming away from the broadcast table and quickly see Kurt Angle beating Jay Lethal from the stage to the ring.

* LAX b. TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. in an "Off The Wagon Challenge" via disqualification when Robert Roode hit Hernandez with a char. After the match, Beer Money continues to hit char shots on LAX. Team 3D hit the ring and make the save. Brother Ray cuts a promo, accepting Beer Money's open challenge for TNA Destination X.

* Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett in an anything goes match is up next. Both fought in street clothes all over the Impact Zone. The fight ends when Jarrett throws Angle out of the arena and shuts the door. Mick Foley and Team 3D are there giving high fives to Jarrett and they all go out to the ring and celebrate. Note from Julio (who is live in the arena): I would think they will use this segment to close next week's Impact.

Back
Top Bottom