Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

That clown McGregor would get smoked by the majority of the roster. He's obviously just doing it as a publicity stunt, which is working...

Kurt Angle's shot was legit tho
nthat.gif

Yep Conor don't care he's just doing it to hype up his fight. He just wants to make the wwe fans mad , that they want him to lose. Then they will buy ppv to see if he loses. 

Should refs be known by name and ref style? In the NBA, coaches/players know what they are getting into when they see who is reffing their games. Is this something that can be translated to wrestling?

Should refs be known by name and ref style? In the NBA, coaches/players know what they are getting into when they see who is reffing their games. Is this something that can be translated to wrestling?
Ehh. Would be interesting I suppose, but not sure if necessary.

You watching this Croatia/Espana? #FreeHezonja

Yes they should

Nick Patrick

Earl Hebner

Mike Chode

Tim White

It meant something to me imo

t
Ehh. Would be interesting I suppose, but not sure if necessary.

You watching this Croatia/Espana? #FreeHezonja
JUST got home

JUST fired up the FireStick

Was about to look at that game.

If it isn't over yet, I will wait. I can watch some more women's rugby for now

Last edited:
@DangerousG

"Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial" Special TV Program (English sub) - YouTube

"Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial" Special TV Program TV Program (English sub)
I have edited the "Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial" Special TV Program and put English subtitles so that the people outside Japan can understand the show.
I haven't seen any Japanese pro-wrestling show with English subtitles on YouTube.
I guess I'm the first to do so. It is a hard work translating the announcer and commentator. They say lots of things during the matches. In this show, there is several footages of my father, Jumbo Tsuruta's matches as well as interviews of 三沢光晴 Mitsuharu Misawa. This show aired a week after my father past away. I remember watching the show closely back then. It was very emotional even today, 16 years after death to watch the show closely and translate everything that goes on during the show.
I definitely had fun translating Kuramochi's broadcasting. 
I hope something like this can give more depth to the online Japanese wrestling community.
Thank you.
I will be editing other matches of my fathers and put subtitles on there too. :smile: Oh! Oh!! Oh!!!

I think all high level competitors should be prepared to adjust to the differing mediation styles of referees...some referees may have a slightly different count cadence--Earl Hebner comes to mind--while some may be more lenient on countouts, rope breaks and such. Others may have a slow trigger for DQs, and competitors who regularly work outside the rules may even build up a reputation for misconduct among championship-caliber referees.

It would also be good to see more attention paid to the appropriate official to govern various weight classes, I would never expect to see the same referee officiate a cruiserweight match and a superheavyweight match in a high profile federation...although referees in any combat sport would have serious problems controlling a top tier athlete intent on violence, it would at least show careful consideration on behalf of management.

I think you have to allow officials the leeway to govern matches as they see fit to a point, it could add a lot of intrigue to big matches. It's the human element that makes many sports so compelling.

Last edited:
Refs should have some sort of reputation or personality. Like you'll know if ur getting a strict ref if Chiota is reffing

@cosmiccoffee9   Well said. It adds another element of strategy that each wrestler has to consider when going into a match. Again, to me, it is all about presenting the product as a legit combat sport

Back
Top Bottom