Wrestling Thread Aug 31-Sep 13: 9/7 Raw- Happy Labor Day, Paige vs Sasha

This episode of Total Divas is awesome.

laugh.gif

I've never seen anyone use "***" in a friendly manner. It's a slur and has been since its incarnation. Using your World Cup example, Nigeria is abbreviated NIG isn't it?

Does context mean anything? You wouldn't call Skins fans or anyone who wears the burgundy and gold racist would you?

Side note: I've always wanted to see Nigeria vs Germany in a World Cup. I wonder what the networks would do. They'll have to put Germany on the left hand side. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
After all these years I'm still honestly impressed at Show's agility. Nobody else his size jumps, flips and falls like him.

this is proof yall are impressed with Big Show jumpin around like a cruiserweight :smh:

I've never seen anyone use "***" in a friendly manner. It's a slur and has been since its incarnation. Using your World Cup example, Nigeria is abbreviated NIG isn't it?

Does context mean anything? You wouldn't call Skins fans or anyone who wears the burgundy and gold racist would you?

Side note: I've always wanted to see Nigeria vs Germany in a World Cup. I wonder what the networks would do. They'll have to put Germany on the left hand side. Ha ha ha

No, but the owners and creators of the 'Skins name and logo probably are

What organized group is called the ****? You're trying way too hard to justify it with these scenarios and honestly, I'm not cool with the Skins name at all either. Most of the fans that are ok with the name are uneducated or ignorant on the history behind it and the ones that are ok with it and know the history are d bags.

Last edited:
After all these years I'm still honestly impressed at Show's agility. Nobody else his size jumps, flips and falls like him.

this is proof yall are impressed with Big Show jumpin around like a cruiserweight :smh:
i like when big show moves quickly. he's really agile for his size. if he dropped the giant crap and just used that agility he'd be entertaining.

No, but the owners and creators of the 'Skins name and logo probably are

I got you bro. BTW you just heard someone use **** in a none racist way. I don't think dude meant anything racist by it. Just simply shorted the name. That's how I took it anyway.

Question for the thread. I haven't been keeping up with Impact and last I saw Bully Ray was just given charge. How'd he go from that to back to WWE? It seemed like a quick turnaround.

i like when big show moves quickly. he's really agile for his size. if he dropped the giant crap and just used that agility he'd be entertaining.

you are what's wrong with today's wrestling product. I bet you'd be ok with Neville doing chokeslams and Big Show doing Phoenix splashes every night huh

What organized group is called the ****? You're trying way too hard to justify it with these scenarios and honestly, I'm not cool with the Skins name at all either. Most of the fans that are ok with the name are uneducated or ignorant on the history behind it and the ones that are ok with it and know the history are d bags.

Justify it? Ha ha ha

I made a observation. I asked a question regarding said observation. I used examples outside of the word at hand to provide context.

If a man uses a word that has a negative meaning in a non negative way, you don't disregard the context and lable them racist anyway. Do you write ESPN to complain when they use *** as a abbreviation for Japanese or do you acknowledge the fact they are using it as a simple abbreviation? Like I did when I read dudes post.

Last edited:
You should edit that 22...

You just made me think of something. I understand the negative way the word has been used but is **** really a bad term? It's literally a short way of saying Japanese.

If I go overseas and someone calls me a Merican should I be offended? Don't sport networks use *** as the short version for the word during World Cup for example?

In my high school the term was a negative one used for Jewish people, they usually called each other that term. No Japanese people around.

The stereotype of the Jewish-American Princess is a pejorative stereotype of a subtype of Jewish-American female. The term implies materialism and selfishness, attributed to a pampered or wealthy background. = ***

a lot of non conservative jews (like me) use the term as listed above.........

Justify it? Ha ha ha

I made a observation. I asked a question regarding said observation. I used examples outside of the word at hand to provide context.

If a man uses a word that has a negative meaning in a non negative way, you don't disregard the context and lable them racist anyway. Do you write ESPN when they use *** as a abbreviation for Japanese or do you acknowledge the fact they are using it as a simple abbreviation? Like I did when I read dudes post.

ESPN doesn't call anyone ****, and you don't know that dude personally so who are you to speak on his use of it. Every example you've used so far has been *** :lol:

PLEASE say NIGS and use ESPN using NIG as an abbreviation for Nigeria be your justification :rofl:

Last edited:
You should edit that 22...

You just made me think of something. I understand the negative way the word has been used but is **** really a bad term? It's literally a short way of saying Japanese.

If I go overseas and someone calls me a Merican should I be offended? Don't sport networks use *** as the short version for the word during World Cup for example?

I've always had the same thought... I just accepted it as it was used as a slur back in the day... Although I've never heard it used as a slur in real life... I catch myself using that word myself on occasion and have to remind myself to never use it in public... Never in a slur type way, but as a shortened Word..

**** is a slur as well, and that's just short for Hispanic... But I've heard that word used as a slur a bunch so I would never think about using that as a shorted Word..

Back
Top Bottom