Wrestling Thread April 14-May 4 | 5/3 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

tumblr_n4wxynddKl1sg99p0o1_500.png

I'd Cop! :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

- WWE’s working plan to try and get Bill Goldberg signed for WrestleMania 31 is to follow a similar path that they took with The Ultimate Warrior. The idea is to put Goldberg in the WWE 2K15 video game, announce that around SummerSlam and then use that hype to build to a top spot at WrestleMania 31.

AJ Styles won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship today when he defeated the current champion Kazuchika Okada at New Japan Pro Wrestling's "Wrestling Dontaku" PPV event that aired this morning.
Styles won when Yujiro Takahashi, a stablemate in CHAOS with Okada, turned on Okada and joined the Bullet Club. The Bullet Club distracted the referee, and Takahashi ran in and hit his finisher on Okada. AJ then hit a brainbuster and then the Styles Clash to pick up the victory.

im thinking spear vs spear match (not literallly,but u know what i mean) goldberg vs reigns i wouldnt mind that

Meh. NJPW IC Title picture > Heavyweight title scene
Check what MeanGene posted.

NJ booking has been pretty weak this year as a whole. I'm not really liking the whole IC belt main events a ppv one month and the IWGP main events the next month

I'm actually glad the belt is off Okada cause I'm not a fan of him, but AJ Styles being the one to do it...man does anyone even give a **** about him in 2014? Taking the belt in his FIRST match and with all those shenanigans to end the match... yeah not a fan of what happened at all. Tanahashi needs to stop holding down Shibata and let him cook

Last edited:
Storylines/booking is the last thing I pay attention to when I watch non-WWE/non-TNA stuff :lol: I just want to strictly see good matches from NJPW, etc.

Peeped. Do yall not like him as champ? I thought AJ Styles was fairly loved among the IWC. But then again, I know nothing about Japanese wrestling since @DCAllAmerican
 called me a fake wrestling fan

I like Styles, but I don't like him winning the IWGP Heavyweight title so quickly.

WWE officials considering pairing up Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd as a tag team. Both have won tag team championships in the past but have had very little progression in recent years.

Bourne is expected to make is long awaited return to WWE within the next month or two.

We previously reported that Batista is scheduled for tomorrow's Extreme Rules pay-per-view and Monday's Raw before leaving the company to embark on promotional hype for his latest movie Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

We mentioned that PWInsider.com revealed that Batista was leaving ealier than WWE would have liked. The report has been leaked from PWI's Elite section and mentions that WWE wanted to do Batista vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at June's Payback pay-per-view but Batista turned it down. Batista felt that losing to Bryan a smaller wrestler after tapping at WrestleMania XXX would make him look weak, especially since he is about to appear in a major summer movie.

So, ultimately Batista decided the time was right for him to leave as WWE has nothing for him as this time

We previously reported that Batista is scheduled for tomorrow's Extreme Rules pay-per-view and Monday's Raw before leaving the company to embark on promotional hype for his latest movie Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

We mentioned that PWInsider.com revealed that Batista was leaving ealier than WWE would have liked. The report has been leaked from PWI's Elite section and mentions that WWE wanted to do Batista vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at June's Payback pay-per-view but Batista turned it down. Batista felt that losing to Bryan a smaller wrestler after tapping at WrestleMania XXX would make him look weak, especially since he is about to appear in a major summer movie.

So, ultimately Batista decided the time was right for him to leave as WWE has nothing for him as this time
Even though Tista would get his *** handed to him in real life by Bryan, this is a smart move to preserve his character. Not mad at all at this decision

Back
Top Bottom