Wrestling Thread April 14-May 4 | 5/3 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

Some coooooooooooooooooooooool pictures of Andre The Giant
[quote name='The Great ML' date='Aug 10 2012, 09:49 AM' post='1541938']

Photo taken by Leilani Kai in the bar...

With Joe LeDuc

A party I wished I was at...

andrethegiantwithbeer.jpg

Post WrestleMania 1 party with young Stephanie McMahon

Andre-the-Giant-08.jpg

[/quote]

Speaking of Floyd. One of the better podcasts I heard of late was Jim Ross and Mauro Ranallo (Showtime Boxing Commentar. Has roots in Calgary Stampede as well)

They spoke about Ali and Floyd. Some good talks about Floyd. BUt I know I am asking for far too much for you to listen. But here is the link:

http://www.podcastone.com/The-Ross-Report‎

ANDRE THE GIANT RARE 1971 FOOTAGE -

You don't have to preach that podcast angle to be b. I listened to it last week. I listen to ross, Jericho and scsa weekly

Like @casekicks
 said, Dre epitomizes wrestling.

Dude looks like he loves life in those photos

Yes he does..Andre was, and always will be, the biggest international wrestling star..The man could literally go anywhere on the globe, except Antarctica, and sellout every single show he was on..You often hear wrestler from the 70s, 80s, and 90s tell stories about how they gave just as much effort whether they were wrestling in front of 100 or 10,000 fans..Andre never wrestled in front of 100 fans, and that's because he was a guaranteed sellout every time..Hogan, Flair, SCSA, Rock, Cena, Sting, Savage, Rhodes, Race, Steamboat, Taker, and Shoveluhhh can't make that claim..And it's a shame that WWE will probably never have another Andre Battle Royal again cause he truly deserves all the praise he gets, and should probably get more..

BTW, I've seen Andre The Giant wrestle in person..I think it was about 83 or 84, so I would've been 5 or 6 at the time..Most amazing thing I've ever seen..

Man we don't need another one of those Andre Rumbles Case :lol:

If it'll help give Andre more recognition then I'm all for it..I never said I liked it, but I like what it stands for..And granted, it started out sloppy, but the ending was great and there were some cool spots during the match..

The Andre battle royal was just a setup to have the trophy get destroyed.

It could be cool if it becomes something more than that.

anybody have one of these following matches? :

Andre The Giant vs Don Leo Jonathan (singles match)
Andre The Giant vs Ric Flair (singles match)
Andre The Giant vs Jesse Ventura (singles match)
Andre The Giant vs Sgt. Slaughter (singles match)
Andre The Giant (handicap match) vs Mil Mascaras & some other dudes

(not japan matches - thanks!)

Last edited:
I hope yall remembered to watch NXT this week man. Tired of reminding yall every week

But yea, tell me why Paige just got pinned by Ric Flair Jr. Maybe these were taped before she got the Divas belt. I will safely make that assumption.

So another black wrestler that comes to the ring dancing. I mean damn wrestling!

Usos/Sami vs. Ascension/Graves coming up next.

Tyson Kidd had a horrible promo on NXT this week too.

I don't think I've ever heard Tyson Kidd cut a promo :lol: he could definitely use Michael Hendrix as his manager. Same as Aaron Neville.

I don't think I've ever heard Tyson Kidd cut a promo :lol: he could definitely use Michael Hendrix as his manager. Same as Aaron Neville.

In his promo tonight he said "With the success of Arrival and the network, NXT is the place to be!" :lol:

6-man tag was pretty cool. Should have let Sami pick up the win over Graves.

Back
Top Bottom