Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

Tyler Breeze even got the same voice as Dolph.

The difference is that Breeze got that flamboyant, supermodel cockiness to him. Dolph got that homoerotic, alpha male cockiness ala Ryan Gosling

Neville/Kidd was awesome. With never seeing Neville before, I was completely surprised by his athleticism. I just didn't expect it out of his body type. His finisher off the top rope was sick. He could probably use different ring attire though. I've only seen a little bit of Kidd before, but I was definitely impressed by him as well. I think putting him under a mask at this point is really the only way to go. Bringing him back as Tyson Kidd again would be stale. I really like Hunico as Sin Cara, and if they began to make him more serious, he and Kidd could be a good tag team that would be fun to watch.

It's really difficult for me to comprehend how these 4 guys aren't on the main roster with what I saw from them last night. Does WWE not think that the crowd will appreciate real, legitimate wrestling? I suppose things will be different once Vince is out of the picture, but man, last night was very eye opening for me. Will definitely be watching NXT from here forward.
1. The whole, "Tyson under the mask situation seems like a doom to me. I could see if this was 1975 when nobody knew for sure who is under that hood but come on. Dude is on Total Divas as a regular contributor, so how are we going to turn a blind eye to take and accept this new masked wrestler that came out of nowhere. I can't agree with them doing that. If they want to push the dude, push the dude down our throats. (Pause). Don't let them tell us that he has been held back for so long that they can't make him relevant.

2. Again, all of that talent on NXT means nothing when trying to see where they fit into the main roster. The main roster is filled with smaller wrestlers that can work. And what are most of them doing? Not a damn thing. Why should we trust that those dudes from NXT will be treated differently? THe selfish part of me wants them to just stay in NXT so I can enjoy their matches. It will be bittersweet when they are called up because I know they will probably not be taken care of and not given enough time to perform.

DC,

I just can't see how anyone would take Tyson Kidd seriously coming back as himself, when he has never done anything in the past. It's basically just an example of WWE dropping the ball. At this point, it's probably a lost cause no matter what they try to do with him.

I agree with your second point. Would hate to see guys like Zayn and Neville get brought up to the main roster and get watered down and ruined. I find Zayn very comparable to Rollins , who is currently flourishing while packaged with the Shield, but once they break up, I fear that they won't know what to do with him. It would be a shame to have all that talent not doing what they should be doing.

Who is that make-up artist for Leon Rose and why isn't she on TV every week?
The whole post-game show was good but that was the highlight for me.

Great show. I seriously had a HIGH last night from this show. I was in such a good mood. Other than the ROH/New Japan show, I don't know the last time an entire show made me feel that way. Maybe Starrcade 96. And I am not exaggerating. This was wrestling and it made me proud to see a wrestling card that featured WRESTLING.

There has to be talk amongst the big wigs about how this night will overshadow Payback. I know a few of you will say, "But it isn't the same audience." While that might be true, the talent on the main roster know they have to bring it Sunday. These young dudes and girls made me proud tonight.

And HHH really seemed proud after the show.

Question: Is the main roster a joke most of the time because of Vince? I hear HHH is more old school with more of the focus being on in ring action, but why isn't that reflected on the main roster? Does he not have the green light to make things happen like that?

Last edited:
The possibility of Neville and Zayn getting stymied on the main roster just makes me shake my head. I do feel like Zayn radiates star power to overcome that. Not sure about Neville though, his promos are brutal, and the WWE likes to embarrass people by high-lighting their deficiencies and sabotaging them.

:lol: I saw that for the first time the other day, and right next to it is Team Coco with Kyrie Irving on the box :rofl:

For Kidd, put him in a mask and wrestle and win. have the announcers just be really dickish and call out that its kidd, then have kidd backstage like "i'm here, not there"....then have kidd wreslte without the mask and lose on the same show. you could have that for months. everyone trying to catch the masked guyas he ascends in popularity, kidd just buried and buried....

i think it could be fun(ny).

For Kidd, put him in a mask and wrestle and win. have the announcers just be really dickish and call out that its kidd, then have kidd backstage like "i'm here, not there"....then have kidd wreslte without the mask and lose on the same show. you could have that for months. everyone trying to catch the masked guyas he ascends in popularity, kidd just buried and buried....

i think it could be fun(ny).

Summer Rae would have an issue with gimmick infringement

Question: Is the main roster a joke most of the time because of Vince? I hear HHH is more old school with more of the focus being on in ring action, but why isn't that reflected on the main roster? Does he not have the green light to make things happen like that?
its vince and his yes man still runnning things.triple h can only do so much.i must say tho triple h running this company in the future is good,i wish it was in the very near future but probably wont be for a while,hopefully him and steph stay together lol

anyway nxt was a good show,kidd and neville were awesome,yea they should be on the main roster,but where?theres already talent getting buried they would just be added to the list.

i like good wrestling dont get me wrong but i also am a fan of good mic work and personality and charisma.a lot of these young good wrestlers need to work on that as well if they want the big push,u gotta get over with the fans and demand it.

Summer Rae would have an issue with gimmick infringement

It's good to see others coming over to my side about Summer being Owen Hart..I swear if she ever mutters the word Nugget I'll straight up die..

I don't know how I feel about Tyson getting repackaged as a masked wrestler..I'd much rather see him with a more serious gimmick..Maybe cut a promo saying he's "not a Kidd anymore" and start using his real name..Make him a heel who's tired of being the "nice guy"..Maybe have him show up one night on Raw or SD and crown himself the new Cruiserweight champion..Have him "defend" the title against jobbers until a main roster guy get's tired of his s**t and challenge him..Have the general manager make the winner of the bout the new legit champion..Something like that would be better than just putting him a mask and letting his career suffer more than it already is..

Forget the mask on kidd and please put a mask on zayn and turn him back into el generico. They should consider a masked diva. Maybe cover natties busted face.

this is why with all this talent they have,they need a king of the ring tournament for these young dudes.instant credibility and a an instant storyline?gimmick for the winner.also they should do some type of nxt mitb or rumble and the winner gets a ic title shot or some ****.

I have always said I have no idea how WWE doesn't go with basic concepts like Survivor Series and King of the Ring.

For all the lazy booking they do.  For all the distraction finishes and no contests and inconsequential booking, why wouldn't they go with the most basic premise in sports: a playoff.

They could book most of Raw and Smackdown for at least a month with qualifying matches.  Have upsets to get guys momentum ala March Madness cinderellas. 

King of the Ring, throughout history, has done more to put guys over than most anything.  Stone Cold, HHH, Kurt Angle, Edge.  King of the Ring helped us believe they were gonna be something important.  Hell Booker T made a whole gimmick out of it, did some of the best work in his career, and became a champion.

Does anybody else fantasy book and then go "but that makes too much sense"?

Last edited:
I have always said I have no idea how WWE doesn't go with basic concepts like Survivor Series and King of the Ring.

For all the lazy booking they do.  For all the distraction finishes and no contests and inconsequential booking, why wouldn't they go with the most basic premise in sports: a playoff.

They could book most of Raw and Smackdown for at least a month with qualifying matches.  Have upsets to get guys momentum ala March Madness cinderellas. 

King of the Ring, throughout history, has done more to put guys over than most anything.  Stone Cold, HHH, Kurt Angle, Edge.  King of the Ring helped us believe they were gonna be something important.  Hell Booker T made a whole gimmick out of it, did some of the best work in his career, and became a champion.

Does anybody else fantasy book and then go "but that makes too much sense"?

They could do a "King of the Super Juniors" thing since they have the # of people to do it with.

KlutzyMemorableEelelephant.gif

pvbcDao.gif

1vvPOL3.png

fYrK3rs.jpg

fnDdCZQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom