Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
I hope this is a work and Vince starts off Raw and just buries Rock to the fans and has the fans turn on him and he comes back in a few months as a heel on some Hollywood Rock 2.0 stuff being that he is a bigger star now....but nah that was me just putting on my creative hat for a min :lol: . I don't think Rock can get boo'd anyways even if he wanted to.

Rock is apparently on his own agenda. He came back, won the title, got tons of free WWE publicity for his movies, and then leaves abruptly after WrestleMania. :smh:

It just shows how little respect and belief McMahon has for his current talent and product....allowing part time has beens to secure all the top spots usually a year in advance with big contracts. People hate on John Cena all day but at least the man competes year round...Rock had a six or seven year stint and bounced...

Although I'm not a Rock hater or a Cena supporter, I see it for what it is and I would've liked Rock to at least showed up on camera after his WrestleMania bout with John Cena to at least give the indication to what he plans to do after being defeated...injured or not, he still looked good enough to walk that ramp and hold Cena's hand in the air. *rant over*

Sources inside WWE exclusively inform WWE Examiner on Monday afternoon that Dwayne Johnson - The Rock - angrily walked away from tonight's show just hours before the live broadcast is to begin at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The Rock, who lost the WWE Championship last night to John Cena at WrestleMania 29, is said to be personally fuming at how WWE handled last night's main event.

Allegedly, The Rock was supposed to defeat Cena only to have Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in The Bank title shot, capturing the championship from a bruised and battered Rock.

At the last minute, we're told, WWE's creative team decided to give Cena the win. Although The Rock was furious, he agreed to proceed and wrestled the match and provided the outcome that was asked of him.

Complicating matters, according to the rumor mill Monday afternoon, is that The Rock was said to be personally insulted at the arrogance with which John Cena conducted himself at the event backstage last night.

WWE Examiner cannot confirm these rumors, but this is, in fact, what some are saying.

At this hour, it isn't clear if Johnson is in violation of his WWE contract, but there's a good chance lawyers are butting heads at this moment. To reiterate, this is not a storyline with WWE Raw. The Rock legitimately bolted from the company today and flew home to Los Anegeles.

Pro wrestling insider blog Rajah confirmed moments ago that there is "absolute chaos backstage at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, site of tonight's RAW."

Former WWE Champion The Rock, who was scheduled to open the show and take part in a huge angle, reportedly flew home to Los Angeles this morning and will not be at the show. This is not part of a storyline - and WWE sources indicate that Rock's departure caught the company completely off guard.

The original plan was for The Rock to cut a promo about WrestleMania 29, only to be interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Lesnar was going to attack The Rock and plant the seeds for a rumored WrestleMania 30 main event between the two.

Our sources also confirm that Vince McMahon and company are scrambling to figure out what to do with tonight's show and Brock Lesnar, who is now standing by without a purpose.

Curiously, The Rock hasn't uttered a single word on any of his social media accounts today. All profile background images of WWE-related content have also been pulled.

Something is, indeed, very wrong.

A knowledgeable industry source told WWE Examiner moments ago that he wouldn't be surprised if The Rock "is done for good with the WWE."

Do you believe the rumors or is there truth to a dramatic falling out between The Rock and the WWE?

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-rock-walks-off-raw-real-life-wwe-drama?cid=rss

If they have Cena bury Rocky tonight while holding the WWE title on his shoulder with that big **** eating grin I'm seriously going to flip. :lol:

I haven't given any thoughts on WM because I like to digest events before reacting. Honestly, I don't have many positive things to say. However, I will say that as a fan I'm extremely proud of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and even The Shield.

Those guys all got huge reactions, and stole the show (Punk). It's really sad that they aren't being pushed to the moon. Yes, I understand that they're not exactly being completely ignored by creative, but you could hear the fans excitement when they all entered the ring.

Edit*

If that update about The Rock situation is true all I can say is wow what a ******g guy.

Last edited:
Sources inside WWE exclusively inform WWE Examiner on Monday afternoon that Dwayne Johnson - The Rock - angrily walked away from tonight's show just hours before the live broadcast is to begin at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The Rock, who lost the WWE Championship last night to John Cena at WrestleMania 29, is said to be personally fuming at how WWE handled last night's main event.

Allegedly, The Rock was supposed to defeat Cena only to have Dolph Ziggler cash in his Money in The Bank title shot, capturing the championship from a bruised and battered Rock.

At the last minute, we're told, WWE's creative team decided to give Cena the win. Although The Rock was furious, he agreed to proceed and wrestled the match and provided the outcome that was asked of him.

Complicating matters, according to the rumor mill Monday afternoon, is that The Rock was said to be personally insulted at the arrogance with which John Cena conducted himself at the event backstage last night.

WWE Examiner cannot confirm these rumors, but this is, in fact, what some are saying.

At this hour, it isn't clear if Johnson is in violation of his WWE contract, but there's a good chance lawyers are butting heads at this moment. To reiterate, this is not a storyline with WWE Raw. The Rock legitimately bolted from the company today and flew home to Los Anegeles.

Pro wrestling insider blog Rajah confirmed moments ago that there is "absolute chaos backstage at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, site of tonight's RAW."

Former WWE Champion The Rock, who was scheduled to open the show and take part in a huge angle, reportedly flew home to Los Angeles this morning and will not be at the show. This is not part of a storyline - and WWE sources indicate that Rock's departure caught the company completely off guard.

The original plan was for The Rock to cut a promo about WrestleMania 29, only to be interrupted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Lesnar was going to attack The Rock and plant the seeds for a rumored WrestleMania 30 main event between the two.

Our sources also confirm that Vince McMahon and company are scrambling to figure out what to do with tonight's show and Brock Lesnar, who is now standing by without a purpose.

Curiously, The Rock hasn't uttered a single word on any of his social media accounts today. All profile background images of WWE-related content have also been pulled.

A knowledgeable industry source told WWE Examiner moments ago that he wouldn't be surprised if The Rock "is done for good with the WWE."

Do you believe the rumors or is there truth to a dramatic falling out between The Rock and the WWE?

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-rock-walks-off-raw-real-life-wwe-drama?cid=rss

I'm calling BS simply because of that Dolph Ziggler reference. His briefcase is for the world title not the WWE championship.

Last edited:
Will post pics/vids/stories from WM shortly. Had a long day of running errands and catching up on sleep.

I'm calling BS simply because of that Dolph Ziggler reference. His briefcase is for the world title not the WWE championship.
im gonna have to call BS as well.

seems like some "internet angle" to get Ziggler over with some sympathy in hopes that he gets the Daniel Bryan treatment

Last edited:

Agreed.  I've never heard of the WWE Examiner, but the two year storyline has been Cena winning the title last night.

If Rock was pissed, it was about "endorsing" Cena after the match, not losing to him.

After the match you can read Rock's lips and he says "this is what I came back for" to Cena when they're in the ring.

If they have Cena bury Rocky tonight while holding the WWE title on his shoulder with that big **** eating grin I'm seriously going to flip.
laugh.gif

I haven't given any thoughts on WM because I like to digest events before reacting. Honestly, I don't have many positive things to say. However, I will say that as a fan I'm extremely proud of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and even The Shield.

Those guys all got huge reactions, and stole the show (Punk). It's really sad that they aren't being pushed to the moon. Yes, I understand that they're not exactly being completely ignored by creative, but you could hear the fans excitement when they all entered the ring.

Edit*

If that update about The Rock situation is true all I can say is wow what a ******g guy.
Punk, completely agree.  He and Taker worked a great match.  Not as good as Taker's last few WM matches, but Taker is also in FAR worse shape now, so considering, they pulled off an amazing match.  The Undertaker is clearly the main attraction of WrestleMania for the majority of fans in the building.

I unfortunately missed the entire Team Hell No v Ziggler/Big E and Jericho v Fandango matches.  I was out at the concession stands searching for a official WM shirt in size large (never found one, had to settle for a medium, but that's ok because it makes me look huge).  I heard Jericho/Fandango wasn't very good.  The tag match was really short but Bryan worked hard.  What a shame that in two years at Mania, he's worked less than 8 minutes.

Shield match was fine but nothing special imo.  Not as good as their previous PPV matches.

I love how some of you act like wrestling props are held in such high regard................... :lol:

MITB Briefcase is a glorified Hardcore title Prop that gives the writers an escape to have ANYONE drop a belt @ anytime.........Stop thinking the color of the briefcase makes everything set in stone................ :smh:

BTW, Wrestlemania IX AT LEAST had the decency to give us a screwjob ending..............

Airupthere23 said:
People hate on John Cena all day but at least the man competes year round...Rock had a six or seven year stint and bounced...

HECK OUTTA HERE :lol:. You think Ol' Super Hogan Marine wouldn't be gone if Hollywood wanted him? He sucks period.

BTW, when SCSA walked out, Rock came out RAW following that and said Austin can take his ball and go home...maybe they can salvage a story outta all this again.

Can one of yall send me a link to a site that shows raw after it airs I don't get outta work till 10

It be funny once Raw starts you hear "If ya smelllllllll..." That would be the biggest troll job ever. :lol:

I wish that examiner story is true. That would of been an epic ending to Wrestlemania if that was the case. I would also love the fact that if this was true it would show that Cena isn't this perfect saint. Something about him I don't trust.

Something tells me though Rock was supposed to win. The abrupt start to the legit tension they had last night. Heck even when he hugged his mom she looked pissed (I know she knows it's kayfabe but still)

It's going to be real funny watching Cena get booed. This wasn't even showed on tv and I couldn't see from my angle but apparently he threw his hat to the crowd and they threw it back...did anyone see that? It's mind boggling they are allowing this happen to the face of the company.

Back
Top Bottom