Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
In an attempt to create social media incentives, WWE is considering a "WWE Cash" initiative that would reward fans for "activity via Apps or on Facebook and Twitter." The idea is for fans to accumulate enough "cash" to receive a reward or purchase WWE items.

Details were reported by Variety, which interviewed WWE Vince McMahon and WWE marketing executive Michelle Wilson about WWE's social media push and balancing their "core product."

McMahon's one quote in the story is about WWE stars being accessible. “John Cena or the Big Show could walk down the aisle and shake your hand,” said McMahon in describing the importance of WWE stars personally connecting with fans. “It’s a little difficult for Spider-Man to do that.”

The focus of the story is WWE's mindset that their business operates 24/7, reaching people around the world through social media even if it's not Monday night during Raw or Friday night during Smackdown. But, Wilson says, WWE doesn't want to spend too much time on initiatives that don't make money.

"If you’re moving people from television, where we get a licensing fee, and trading down to a model where you get nickled and dimed, how do you build a significant business off of that? You don’t want to take people off of TV and put them on platforms where we make no money," Wilson said.

Wilson receives licensing fees and ad revenue for distributing TV shows on YouTube and Hulu, but Wilson noted they do not have one major online distribution deal - unlike other TV shows - in order to reach the widest audience possible.

“It’s a fine line where your content should and shouldn’t go, but we’ve said we have to understand where our fans are consuming video content, and we need to be there," Wilson said. "Some might say you’re oversaturating the market, but we’re saying a rising tide lifts all boats."

please. shotgun saturday night and heat would beg to differ

Shotgun Saturday Night will always get a pass from me because that was when Mean Mark did a Tombstone on Hunter Hearst Helmsley on an escalator at Penn Station. That was awesome.

Last edited:
Ode to mcguiness for wearing the title like that? Naw that's straight ddp, but either way I love dolph rocking the title like that

Backstage News on WWE Tag Team Title Plans (SPOILERS)

Posted by: Caylon Knox of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Apr 11 2013
Source: F4WOnline.com

Look for Team Hell No: Kane & Daniel Bryan, to defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against two members of The Shield at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Kane and Bryan are expected to drop the titles to The Shield at this event.

interesting, I certainly approve

I miss Eve, now I feel bad for all the times I made fun of her chin. :-(
I miss Eve and Maxine :frown:

Backstage News on WWE Tag Team Title Plans (SPOILERS)

Posted by: Caylon Knox of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Apr 11 2013
Source: F4WOnline.com

Look for Team Hell No: Kane & Daniel Bryan, to defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against two members of The Shield at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Kane and Bryan are expected to drop the titles to The Shield at this event.

interesting, I certainly approve

Finally

Johnny Curtis>>Fandango

And no, I don't think he's the best in the world 
laugh.gif
. But he does have the potential 

Maxine :smh:

How about the Spirit Squad rule :lol: jk

ugh don't remind me. That era of "DX" and spirit squad was atrocious.

Kind of what got me out of WWE programming for a good minute. I cringed every time I saw a DX sketch or saw them burying dudes left and right.

Best thing out of that whole deal was the #HEEL

- It’s said that the top three WWE NXT wrestlers who are close to being called up to WWE’s main roster are Bray Wyatt, Kassius Ohno (As DSK already noted) and Adrian Neville, the former Pac.

- Former WWE employee Andrew Green is suing Big Show and WWE over an alleged backstage incident at the 2013 Royal Rumble pay-per-view according to Courthouse News Service.

In the report, Green claims another WWE producer told him to get an interview with Show after his Rumble match to be posted on the company’s website. Green says Show refused to do it until he said it was at the request of Eric Pankowski. Big Show then began using “profanely indecent language,” saying if he wanted an interview he would give him one. The complaint continued:

“Big Show toward Green enraged, shouting obscenities, and waving his fist in Green’s face. Big Show then grabbed Green by the collar and throat, striking Green in the face and backing him up against a trunk while declaring ‘You son of a ***** … Are you having fun right now … Don’t even come up to me again … I don’t give a **** who you are’.”

Show requested a re-tape of the interview saying he would just walk away. Triple H requested a third take but Show said he didn’t think he would be able to do it because his emotions in the first shoot had been real. A third interview was shot but Pankowski decided to air the first interview.

Green claims he was unable to continue working for WWE after following the incident because he was uncomfortable working around Big Show and other wrestlers. He alleges in the complaint that WWE had previously “suspended or terminated Big Show’s employment because of his behavior, including his engagement in violent and/or unlawful and/or improper activities outside of the wrestling venue.”

- Former WWE star Carlito took to his Twitter following the announcement to call the Rock out, stating that the injury may be due to steroid use.

“Rock tore his ab & adductor tendons? Hmm, I guess instead of getting in tremendous shape for mania…he got in TREN-mendous shape!”, the ex-WWE star wrote.

For those of you who are unaware, Steroid.com lists Tren as one of the most popular steroids to date. The site notes that some of the drugs benefits include “increased muscle mass, increased strength, and increased recovery.”

I read earlier about that Carlito tweet and it got me wondering..

Percentage wise, how much of the WWE locker room do you guys think is on some sort of performance enhancer?..I'm thinking around 35-45%..

ugh don't remind me. That era of "DX" and spirit squad was atrocious.

Kind of what got me out of WWE programming for a good minute. I cringed every time I saw a DX sketch or saw them burying dudes left and right.

Best thing out of that whole deal was the #HEEL

When Ziggler signed this for me at Axxess, he even laughed and said "C'mon bro that was 7 years ago!"

View media item 360695

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom