Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Miami Johnson,

laughing-dwayne-johnson.gif

Y’all better start dancing to The Raine’s Tune.

I’m here for the turn and The Raine joins The Female Nation with Bianca, Big Swole, My Hole , and Lana.

I’ll explore that nation in further detail tomorrow. Going to bed.

probably thinks he should be called Rey Mysterio II

Technically he would be the 3rd though.

It is a dumb name because CLEARLY Mysterio isn't a real name humans possess. So to have a a regular first name and that last name just sounds funny.

Never Said it was the first time that level of naming was used but it doesn't roll off the tongue easily.

FellowchuckerMikey FellowchuckerMikey

Can you explain to me why Penta/Mox is happening? Seems like such a cold pairing/booking. I'm sure I am missing something here.

I cannot because I didn’t know it was happening but I am assuming that it’s just a scheduled wrestling match. Not every match needs a “story”. It defies logic that in kayfabe there wouldn’t be matches scheduled for the sole purpose of competition.

That’s my thought process tho I could be completely wrong about the reasoning of the match.

You don't think there should be a story (reason) for every World Title defense?

I don't think every match needs a story for it to take place but World title matches should jlhave some sort of logic in place other than just hitting "Randomizer" on the controller.

You don't think there should be a story (reason) for every World Title defense?

I don't think every match needs a story for it to take place but World title matches should jlhave some sort of logic in place other than just hitting "Randomizer" on the controller.

Nah, I don’t doesn’t matter to me personally If it’s the world title. The logic is he’s a fighting world champion and willing to defend against anyone. Mox has been very consistent with this.

Also the real life reasoning for Penta I would assume is capitalizing on his performance at triplemania.

I understand this is not how it’s done traditionally but I have no need for traditional WWE style booking.

The video package for the match was laughable tho straight out of WWE Smackdown era games.

That isn't Traditional WWE logic though.
They disrespected their titles for years before just recently.

I view that as more of an old school down south booking approach than WWE.

That isn't Traditional WWE logic though.
They disrespected their titles for years before just recently.

I view that as more of an old school down south booking approach than WWE.
Fair enough that probably wasn’t the right phrasing.

I do personally like the we have wrestling matches because we’re a wrestling company approach tho. I’d like to see more of this especially on Rampage. Give us Powerhouse Hobbs vs John Silver simply because it’s a scheduled match.

One of the dumbest things about AEW right now to me is the backstage interview interrupted by the rival. Everyone’s enemy is standing 2 feet from their interview apparently.

Back
Top Bottom