Wrestling Thread 2/25-3/10 | 3/10 TNA LOCKDOWN PPV - Hardy v Bully Ray | Champion No Showing?

My main takeaway from tonight's show, watching it live, is that I felt like I watched 37 straight hours of mediocre TV tonight.  God Raw is long.

Did that seem like the longest yet most rushed Raw since its been 3 hours? I really didn't take that Raw seriously since it was a themed one that's mostly for nostalgia and stuff, but it being so rushed was really poor to me. Even the Outlaws theme and Roadog's intro was rushed to hell. That may seem like some little thing, but that was extremely annoying last night.

I dont mind the idea of Old School Raw but to me, last night was bad timing due to wrestle mania coming up. This is exactly whats wrong with it. Ted Dibiase, Jim Duggan, Dusty Rhodes, Honky Tonk Man ( am i missing  anyone from last night) Are they old school? Yes, but are they "Raw old school"? No they're not. There prime in careers was mid 80's - early mid 90's. Its 2013. There mid 50's atleast in age. HTM barely got any reaction when he came out. The guitar shot saved him.

New age outlaws are raw old school. Attitude era. Why not bring back the headbangers, val venis, godfather, Taka or guys like that? much more entertaining then the guys mentioned above. 

I dont mind the idea of Old School Raw but to me, last night was bad timing due to wrestle mania coming up. This is exactly whats wrong with it. Ted Dibiase, Jim Duggan, Dusty Rhodes, Honky Tonk Man ( am i missing  anyone from last night) Are they old school? Yes, but are they "Raw old school"? No they're not. There prime in careers was mid 80's - early mid 90's. Its 2013. There mid 50's atleast in age. HTM barely got any reaction when he came out. The guitar shot saved him.

New age outlaws are raw old school. Attitude era. Why not bring back the headbangers, val venis, godfather, Taka or guys like that? much more entertaining then the guys mentioned above. 

I agree. I just assume most of them aren't in the right mind/shape, their standing with wwe isn't where it needs to, or they're dead. It'd be nice to see people other than the main five from last night though. Pumped the NAO are wrestling again next week against Cody and Damien. They've still got it IMO although it was somewhat of a quicker match.

- Daniel Bryan and MLB player Josh Reddick of the Oakland A's have agreed to a "Beard-Off" challenge. The terms of the challenge are: "Beard-off 'til year's end. Fans vote, loser shaves it off." Reddick agreed to the terms.

:lol:

I can already see WWE trying to extend this till next year @ WM and make it beard vs beard match or something.

I've been keeping up with the ticket prices for WM since I bought mine at regular price the day of the presale and right now most tickets are being sold for a little more than double of the regular price. I guess everyone who decided to pull the trigger early on the tickets made a good decision.

For those proposing the streak vs. streak scenario...what happens after Undertaker wins the belt from Punk at Wrestlemania? Serious question.

Last edited:
For those proposing the streak vs. streak scenario...what happens after Undertaker wins the belt from Punk at Wrestlemania? Serious question.
Taker would be too spent after another grueling WM match to defend it, so a Fatal Fourway Hell In Cell in the next PPV.
Regular WWE title nonsense for the next 10 months, then have Taker come back to face the Champion at WM.
Book, rinse & repeat, c'mon this is wrasslin', no need to work our brains over it.

Copped the Bret Hart Blue Ray and MLB The Show today.

I enjoyed the collection but surprisingly none of my favorite matches from him were on there ie. Stone Cold at WM, Owen cage match at Summerslam, Roddy Piper at WM, Montreal Screw Job., etc. I feel like an idiot for pulling the trigger without doing much research before copping since I was under the impression it would be somewhat like the ones available on Netflix.

Taker would be too spent after another grueling WM match to defend it, so a Fatal Fourway Hell In Cell in the next PPV.
Regular WWE title nonsense for the next 10 months, then have Taker come back to face the Champion at WM.
Book, rinse & repeat, c'mon this is wrasslin', no need to work our brains over it.
You've risen...

- Monday’s “Old School” episode of Raw scored a 3.54 rating and averaged 5.018 million viewers. Raw did 4.968 million viewers the first hour, 5.239 million the second, and 4.847 million viewers the third hour.

I enjoyed the collection but surprisingly none of my favorite matches from him were on there ie. Stone Cold at WM, Owen cage match at Summerslam, Roddy Piper at WM, Montreal Screw Job., etc. I feel like an idiot for pulling the trigger without doing much research before copping since I was under the impression it would be somewhat like the ones available on Netflix.

All of those matches are available on other dvd's already. I believe these are all previously unreleased matches on this set.

[COLOR=#red]You're alive? I would of lost that bet.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Go watch the other 3 dvd's he has. His, Dungeon Family one (word to Andre 3000 and Big Boi), and Rivals dvd.[/COLOR]

i need you to change your avy to something without a championship belt in it.

you can leave again for a while if you want

thanks

I've been keeping up with the ticket prices for WM since I bought mine at regular price the day of the presale and right now most tickets are being sold for a little more than double of the regular price. I guess everyone who decided to pull the trigger early on the tickets made a good decision.

Makes me feel good i dropped $330 per tix

Thanks for the replies fellas. Slowly getting back into. I'll definitely check those out btw.

Makes me feel good i dropped $330 per tix

Yea, I payed $200 for my tickets and in stubhub the cheapest ones in my section are going for $375 and that does not include the sales tax and service fees that they add to that price when you checkout.

Last edited:

Same thing that's currently happening with Rocky, he could hold the belt for a couple of months until the next big PPV (SummerFest) or something like No Way Out where they can have a HIAC where Punk wins the title back, it'll all come full circle: Punk lost his WHC to Taker in a HIAC and then this time Taker loses the title.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom