Wrestling Thread 11/9-12/14 | Dec 13 WWE TLC - Sheamus (c) vs Roman Reigns TLC WWE Title Match

Posted By Joe Gagne  on Dec 11 | 0 Comments

The podcast week in review, brought to you by Mac Weldon (or our Amazon  and WWE affiliate  links).
They said it…
  • “She is an absolute sweetheart, except when she’s not.” – Howard Jones on Sharon Osbourne
The Usual Suspects
Talk n’ Shop #75 (12/5/15):  Part 2 with Christopher Daniels and Matt Taven, the latter of whom says more than last time, but still not much. Daniels takes over the questioning asking Karl about his time in New Japan, as well as a discussion of wrestling overseas in general. Tama Tonga goes on about some roller coaster for some reason. I enjoyed this. THUMBS UP

Steve Austin Show #279 (12/8/15):  Steve talks to avid Evel Knievel memorabilia collector Lathan McKay. Yes, this is a podcast that occurred and you and I have to live with it. They talk about how Lathan got into collecting Evel merchandising, a bit about his career, and Lathan’s plans for an Evel museum. A totally baffling show. I’m old as dirt and Evel Knievel was before my time, so I don’t know who this is supposed to appeal to. Go find an Evel documentary instead if you’re interested in the man. McKay is also an actor and casually tosses off an anecdote about playing Layne Stayley in a movie that got shut down, which is way more interesting that what he spends the bulk of the show discussing. THUMBS DOWN

MLW Radio #205 (12/8/15):  MLW Radio kicks off its 3rd annual X-Mas party with a litany of guests. On the docket are Angelico & Hijo de Fantasma (en route to a show), Disco Inferno (Phil Baroni and outsiders getting into wrestling), Dave Meltzer (wrestling, duh), Alex Greenfield & MVP (movies, ruining Santa, and politics, of all things), Willie Mack (on the bus), and Juventud Guerrera (being Juicy). The Meltzer segment is the highlight; although he doesn’t say a ton you haven’t heard before, it’s always fun to hear him out the F4W bubble. The rest of the calls range from amusing to dull. Meltzer’s interview starts at 32:08>  THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

The Ross Report #95 (12/9/15):  After alerting the world he is, in fact, not deceased, Jim Ross is joined by Kevin Sullivan for part two of their lengthy interview. They chat about working with Jim Herd, working too smoothly in the ring, Terry Funk, modern training, booking Brock Lesnar, the Brian Pillman angle, and format today’s RAW. But the most noteworthy portion is the final half hour, where Sullivan digs into the Benoit murders and the crazy accusations some fans laid on him. This is a hefty show (running over 2 hours) but I was never bored by the conversation. <Sullivan’s interview starts at 24:14>  THUMBS UP

Talk is Jericho #202 (12/2/15):  Jericho is joined by Howard Jones, former lead singer of Killswitch Engage and current singer of Devil You Know. They talk about him leaving his old band, his bipolar disorder, being in a diabetic coma for 3 days, fishing, a big discussion on Christian metal, tales from Ozzfest, winning over fans, coming up with CM Punk’s first theme, and more. I expected nothing from this, but this is a fun show, and that s from someone who knows little of either of Jones bands. Jones himself has to be the most personal and giggly performer in all of rock.<jones’ interview=”” starts=”” at=”” 15:25=””> THUMBS UP

WOOOOO! Nation #32 (12/9/20150: The man called Sting is this week’s guest. He talks about his recent injuries against Seth Rollins (and reveals that he needs neck surgery), how he first came to wrestle Ric, working the last Nitro, repeating spots, the draw at Clash I, the turn at Havoc 1995, getting hurt at Clash 10, Flair refusing to lose the title to Luger, how he got into real estate, owning a gym, Lex Luger, his religious conversion, his WWE Hall of Fame prospects, working for WCW vs. WWE, Sting’s son playing football, and more. Not Ric’s wildest show, because Sting is a pretty straight-laced guy, but a fun stroll down memory lane and some news to boot.THUMBS UP

Art of Wrestling #280 (12/10/15):  The Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant is in the house, daddy! He and Colt have a genial conversation about wrestling, not so much about specific stories, but more about ideas like being unique, the relationship between a promoter and wrestler, and comedy in wrestling. Jimmy is just so positive you can’t help but have fun during his segment. Colt also briefly talks to Joey Ryan (and his dong) in the opening to discuss what it’s like when something you do goes viral. THUMBS UP

Steve Austin – Unleashed #278 (12/10/15):  OH HELL YEAH TED FOWLER 361 IS BACK. They discuss the usual topics: landscaping, guns, trucks, Ted’s recent breakup (don’t let cats near his fish tacos), and Steve’s gross coffee joke (not worth printing here). They also talk about capital punishment, and how some people just deserve to have a bullet in the back of their head. Merry Christmas. THUMBS DOWN

The Jim Cornette Experience #106 (12/10/15):  No guest this week, so abandon hope all ye who listen. Jim rants about guns, Muslims, and Joey Ryan. That’s it. A particularly icky episode. I spent a portion of my day off listening to this, so I hope you’re happy. THUMBS DOWN

Bauer & Pollock (12/10/15):  A day late but not a dollar short, B&P blast through a wide range of topics, including Sting needing neck surgery, the possible future of Daniel Bryan, Dewey Foley as a writer’s assistant, the Wrestle Kingdom 10 show, the Jim Ross twitter hoax, and the UFC’s big weekend. Court provides some valuable insight into what being a writer’s assistant entails and the writing hierarchy in the WWE. THUMBS UP

Talk is Jericho #203 (12/11/15):  Jericho joins back up with Team Tiger Awesome (Nick Mundy, Clint Gage, and Michael Truly) for a Star Wars symposium in anticipation of the upcoming film. They talk about the original 6 films, what holds up, favorite minor characters, what they’re expecting from the new movies, and a lot more. It’s a decent discussion with some decent banter, but not a lot of great insight, unless you haven’t heard that #1-3 aren’t so great. THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE

MSL & Sullivan Show #11 (12/11/15):  Something different, as Ed Ferrera joins the show. Of course, Ed just stopped watching WWE, so he doesn’t have a lot specific to add, outside of the trouble themed PPV’s cause. Then we get a review of the 8/12/96 Nitro and a very spirited mailbag, including an impassioned defense of the nWo Horseman skit. THUMBS UP

sick.gif
 Seriously, WTF is wrong with this girl man

WWE Main Event (Episode 165) Review - Voices of Wrestling http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/12/14/wwe-main-event-november-24-review/

I am reading the Brie Mode vs. Charlotte match was on point. Might give it a watch

Edit: The match was solid. Dumb ending, match was solid though.

Paige has sexy feminine posture. I have come to this conclusion. 

Also, Naomi vs. Fox from Main Event 164 was good. Alicia Fox really showed how underutilized she is. Great finish. Those girls worked hard man.

WWE NXT Champion Finn Balor  recently spoke with Kerrang! to promote the current UK tour. The full interview is at this link. Below are highlights:

What is your all-time favourite wrestling entrance? What gets the hairs on your neck standing, without fail?

"Stone Cold Steve Austin, when the glass breaks. It just gets you every time, doesn't matter if it's a small house show or a big-bang show, just once the glass breaks it gets everyone riled-up, so that's easy!"

Apart from yourself, of course, who are your top picks from the NXT roster to go onto superstardom in the WWE?

"I think there's some very obvious ones, like Apollo Crews, but two for me that have really started to stand out in recent times are Jason Jordan  and Chad Gable, as a tag team. I think someone who I don't think gets enough credit is Aiden English, and I think in the future he's definitely one of the unsung heroes of NXT – and I think he has a very bright future, be it as a tag-team wrestler, as he is currently, or as a singles wrestler in the future."

So then, to the people heading down to an NXT show, or considering getting down to one, what's to be expected?

"Well I always like to describe NXT as more of a rock'n'roll wrestling show. It has that kinda underground, indie feel that I was so accustomed to in the independent circuits that I loved so much. So, for me, it's been a beautiful coming together of working with the WWE  but also still having that raw organic feel of being an independent, so that's the one thing that makes NXT so different than anywhere else. It's kinda having the hybrid of both very different styles."

Balor also discussed his entrance, how important NXT is in the wrestling world and more in the full interview.

Finn Bálor – "NXT Is Like A Rock'n'Roll Wrestling Show!" - Kerrang! http://www.kerrang.com/38781/finn-balor-nxt-is-like-a-rocknroll-wrestling-show/

love her or hate her but...eva marie has very thick hair & a nice small forehead with a strong hairline

she need to quit dying her hair with all those poisons tho

Last edited:
Portland eh? My homie lived there for 4 years for college. Loved visiting, bar scene was so dope. Where do u cook im sure hes been

I want to see wht fox's hair looks like under that weave. Hopefully she doesn't look like robocop.

Back
Top Bottom