WRESTLEMANIA WEEK: 4/3 Breaking News: Multi-Time WWE Champ Retires from WWE

Sources inside WWE informed WZ Vince McMahon changed the RAW commentary team on the fly this past Monday in San Jose.

Byron Saxton was brought out to replace the regular RAW announce team of Michael Cole, JBL and Booker T. All three men were taken off television after being involved with Brock Lesnar’s physical rage after Seth Rollins running away.

Saxton was originally planned to call the remainder of the Monday Night RAW broadcast on his own and did so for the next three segments. When WWE went to commercial during the John Cena versus Dean Ambrose match, Vince McMahon sent Jerry Lawler out to the broadcast table to help “bail out” Saxton as a source said.

Lawler isn’t normally at RAW shows anymore since moving to SmackDown, but he was there because he was at WrestleMania the night before.

No word yet on how long Cole will be off television. Booker T and JBL are expected to return as color commentators for the next RAW.

Byron Saxton sounded nervous and unprepared for his first segment on his own during RAW. I assumed it was him playing to the storyline and selling the chaos that just took place. Unfortunately, as the show went on it seemed it wasn’t Saxton selling, he was just having a rough time. I don’t envy that situation. Calling a broadcast on your own is tough and he certainly was put in a sink or swim situation. He lacked energy and it sounded like he was at a lost for words in spots where normally a color commentator would jump in.

Hideo Itami Update

Hideo Itami was selected as the eventual winner of the NXT tournament at the last minute.

The tournament, which guaranteed the winner a spot in the Andre The Giant memorial battle royal, was originally going to feature Finn Balor or Adrian Neville as the winner. It’s being reported Itami was pegged as the winner once the battle royal was confirmed for the Wrestlemania 31 Kickoff preshow, since Tatsumi Fujinami was getting a lot of coverage from the Japanese press due to his Hall of Fame induction.

Nah..........really?!?!?!?!?!?!
laugh.gif

Saxton isn't nearly qualified or seasoned enough to announce on his own, he was setup to fail

Saxton isn't nearly qualified or seasoned enough to announce on his own, he was setup to fail

Fooled me.....

I legit thought he was heartbroken and in character over Booker and JBL.

I need somebody to post a sound bite of Booker's desperate yelp before Brock took his life.

NTWT is has become the only place I visit on NT nowadays.

No race debating.
No BS.

In regards to the commentary team, why don't they have a heel commentator?

Loved when King would stan for Vince or DX. Or Paul Heyman for the Alliance.

Last edited:
NTWT is has become the only place I visit on NT nowadays.

No race debating.
No BS.

In regards to the commentary team, why don't they have a heel commentator?

Loved when King would stan for Vince or DX. Or Paul Heyman for the Alliance.
JBL is suppose to be the heel commentator
laugh.gif

Jericho with the "corporate" cut now that he's going to be on the wwe network every month. What a kiss ***. Copying his big brother haitch...:smh:

I said it on Monday, vince heard all the complains about commentary and decided to give us somebody worse to appreciate Cole and JBL.

Vince should call up regal. Or the NXT commentary team. But what does it matter. Vince will continue to feed them trash and then we'll start complaining about them... :rolleyes

That idea to have Saxton do solo commentary the Raw after Mania is just terrible :lol:

Should've had my girl Renee out there

I said it on Monday, vince heard all the complains about commentary and decided to give us somebody worse to appreciate Cole and JBL.

Vince should call up regal. Or the NXT commentary team. But what does it matter. Vince will continue to feed them trash and then we'll start complaining about them... :rolleyes

Chael Sonnen would be dope on commentary.

Back
Top Bottom