Wow I had no idea hood rats were that wack UPDATE PG 8: I'm sorry to those I offended

It's funny because the people accusing OP of subliminal racism acknowledge that that kind of behavior is associated with minority youth. Accusing him of underhanded racism when he clearly didn't mention any race says something about YOU more than anything.

Besides that, everyone's seen this sort of behavior and it's not strictly based on any race. We've all seen kids act out at theaters and fast food joints. Stop playing dumb. Ignorance isn't exclusive to any race.

It's funny because the people accusing OP of subliminal racism acknowledge that that kind of behavior is associated with minority youth. Accusing him of underhanded racism when he clearly didn't mention any race says something about YOU more than anything.

Besides that, everyone's seen this sort of behavior and it's not strictly based on any race. We've all seen kids act out at theaters and fast food joints. Stop playing dumb. Ignorance isn't exclusive to any race.

I find it funny that anyone would have a problem with OP. All he said was he finally witnessed in real life what he'd seen online. Ratchetness is color blind.

I find it funny that anyone would have a problem with OP. All he said was he finally witnessed in real life what he'd seen online. Ratchetness is color blind.

lol its so funny so see how NT responses just follow the wave of the previous responses.

lol its so funny so see how NT responses just follow the wave of the previous responses.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I'm glad more people picked up on this, it was subtly ironic
laugh.gif

I'm glad more people picked up on this, it was subtly ironic
laugh.gif

Stereotypes are obviously based on reality. Whether a group fits a stereotype or not doesn't make racism and ignorance of a different kind any more acceptable, ironic as it may be Anton and Boyz Noize.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Nice try, but no, you spoke about behavior. I originally thought it was coming from a young black man who hadn't been exposed to what the majority of his people are, poor and urban and I found it sadly funny, but this isn't that at all. You like to observe huh? I'm not doubting that, but if that's your thing why not see the bigger picture and the environment that largely leads to this "behavior" as you put it.

I can't lie though, I'm stuck on the weave thing. That was a big clue as to your slant on this topic and who it was you were observing. Yeah this is a message board, but you're obviously trying to spark something here. If you weren't aware of the incendiary tone of your post, you are now. Yeah it's fine to observe, but some things just don't need to be said especially if you can't relate to the situation. It comes off as uppity and judgmental. If the behavior bothers you so much do something to address and perhaps change it, if it's not interrupting your life to that degree, then keep it moving.

I deal with people like you all the time. They have so much to say about the person who just left as soon as they leave, but in the presence of the person who they are so bothered by, they keep their little limp lips shut. If you have a problem, try telling them next time. Make an on spot observation and get yourself a crash course on reality.

Yes, I spoke about behavior. This is coming from a young man, not black, who had not been exposed to the entire general concept of people outside of the suburbs. See the thing is, I wasn't in the environment you described. You keep ignoring the fact that I was in Boston Common, the heart of Boston, and a major tourist attraction. It is a fairly upper-class locale which has many businesses and companies based there. I was not in the hood, I was not dealing with any particular race of people.

The weave thing was not a subtle shot at any race. I told you who was arguing about the weave, they were not black and they were young. I listed everything I heard that day. It's not like I wanted to slip a little detail in and wanted to see if you'd catch on to it.

I'm also not a troll. Do you think I'm happy of what I've created? If I wanted to spark a response, I would have continued to push forward and walk on the thin line. But instead you see me trying to clarify myself and explain that I meant no bad intent, not because I am fearful of disapproval, but because that's what I truly meant. Once again, I suggest you look at my entire collective of posts on NT. Many of my posts are very thoughtful, and while a lot differ from what the general community believes in, I stand by it. Once again, I am not trying instigate anything. There are other ways that I could have done that, but you see me trying to repair what I have done.

How can you say you deal with people like me all the time? Do you even know anything about me other than what was posted in this thread? Did you read any of my posts? I repeatedly said I do not have the right to tell people what is right and what is wrong. I do not believe I am better than anyone else. You keep saying I was being condescending and insulting. If I came across as that, understand I did not mean it that way, and I do not think I came across that way.

Stereotypes are obviously based on reality. Whether a group fits a stereotype or not doesn't make racism and ignorance of a different kind any more acceptable, ironic as it may be Anton and Boyz Noize.

Nice try, but no, you spoke about behavior. I originally thought it was coming from a young black man who hadn't been exposed to what the majority of his people are, poor and urban and I found it sadly funny, but this isn't that at all. You like to observe huh? I'm not doubting that, but if that's your thing why not see the bigger picture and the environment that largely leads to this "behavior" as you put it.

I can't lie though, I'm stuck on the weave thing. That was a big clue as to your slant on this topic and who it was you were observing. Yeah this is a message board, but you're obviously trying to spark something here. If you weren't aware of the incendiary tone of your post, you are now. Yeah it's fine to observe, but some things just don't need to be said especially if you can't relate to the situation. It comes off as uppity and judgmental. If the behavior bothers you so much do something to address and perhaps change it, if it's not interrupting your life to that degree, then keep it moving.

I deal with people like you all the time. They have so much to say about the person who just left as soon as they leave, but in the presence of the person who they are so bothered by, they keep their little limp lips shut. If you have a problem, try telling them next time. Make an on spot observation and get yourself a crash course on reality.

Yes, I spoke about behavior. This is coming from a young man, not black, who had not been exposed to the entire general concept of people outside of the suburbs. See the thing is, I wasn't in the environment you described. You keep ignoring the fact that I was in Boston Common, the heart of Boston, and a major tourist attraction. It is a fairly upper-class locale which has many businesses and companies based there. I was not in the hood, I was not dealing with any particular race of people.

The weave thing was not a subtle shot at any race. I told you who was arguing about the weave, they were not black and they were young. I listed everything I heard that day. It's not like I wanted to slip a little detail in and wanted to see if you'd catch on to it.

I'm also not a troll. Do you think I'm happy of what I've created? If I wanted to spark a response, I would have continued to push forward and walk on the thin line. But instead you see me trying to clarify myself and explain that I meant no bad intent, not because I am fearful of disapproval, but because that's what I truly meant. Once again, I suggest you look at my entire collective of posts on NT. Many of my posts are very thoughtful, and while a lot differ from what the general community believes in, I stand by it. Once again, I am not trying instigate anything. There are other ways that I could have done that, but you see me trying to repair what I have done.

How can you say you deal with people like me all the time? Do you even know anything about me other than what was posted in this thread? Did you read any of my posts? I repeatedly said I do not have the right to tell people what is right and what is wrong. I do not believe I am better than anyone else. You keep saying I was being condescending and insulting. If I came across as that, understand I did not mean it that way, and I do not think I came across that way.

I was thinking of a way to say exactly this but you said it better than I could have.  Well done.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I was thinking of a way to say exactly this but you said it better than I could have.  Well done.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Stereotypes are obviously based on reality. Whether a group fits a stereotype or not doesn't make racism and ignorance of a different kind any more acceptable, ironic as it may be Anton.

I agree with you. Like i said, it's understandable....yet ironic. That's why I said OP could have chosen his words a little better. It is pretty sad that sort of behavior is associated with the black youth.
tired.gif

Stereotypes are obviously based on reality. Whether a group fits a stereotype or not doesn't make racism and ignorance of a different kind any more acceptable, ironic as it may be Anton.

I agree with you. Like i said, it's understandable....yet ironic. That's why I said OP could have chosen his words a little better. It is pretty sad that sort of behavior is associated with the black youth.
tired.gif

dude is just in shock. allow him to settle back into his lazyboy and have his milk

kinda like when i was a youngster going to the good part of beverly hills. i would just stare out the window and not say anything till i got back to Pico

dude is just in shock. allow him to settle back into his lazyboy and have his milk

kinda like when i was a youngster going to the good part of beverly hills. i would just stare out the window and not say anything till i got back to Pico

You can call me ignorant, but you can not call me racist. Never once did I express any kind of ill feelings towards any kind of race. You can say that I do not know much about real life, but don't say that I dislike a particular race.

Back
Top Bottom