Would you give up 5 years of life for 10 minutes of infinite knowledge?

No

This reminds me of my favorite anime Fullmetal Alchemist
laugh.gif

One of they characters had was forced infinite knowledge upon him and had to give up his right arm and left leg since it was equivalent exchange. His brother also got it but they ended up taking his body.

Definitely reccommend watching it. It's streaming on Netflix under Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Infinite knowledge = The knowledge on how to live forever.

/endthread

This, not only can you live forever, you can pretty much make medical research obsolete because you'll know the cure for everything, might as well get that knowledge to make money
laugh.gif
, and save lives.

And while you're at it, figure out a way to remember everything you knew for those 10 minutes.  INFINITE KNOWLEDGE. ZERO CONSEQUENCES. 
pimp.gif

**@$ yeah, I would do it if it said I would die in a year, I'm a family man so making sure they are stable financially means I can die happy

even if we wrote down anything, would our writings be comprehensible when we return to our regular state of mind?

Originally Posted by melofan15

even if we wrote down anything, would our writings be comprehensible when we return to our regular state of mind?

exactly....my thing is that even if you did record what you said and wrote it down, what would happpen if you spent your in tire life trying to decode what you were saying?

Originally Posted by scshift

I'd give it up for 10 years of my life.

With infinite knowledge comes infinite wisdom... I'll know everything there is to my life and I'll be content. Best of all, I'll know myself and what I want, as well as how to get it.

expierience gains wisdom in my opinion knowing about it and actually doing it is nothing alike

How can you even attempt to record infinite knowledge? You'd probably become Schizophrenic from brain overload.

if i'm gonna be alive at around 80.. then ya. i don't want to live to be that old too be honest
if im gonna die young, then hell no. 

People who say they dont care about dying 5 years earlier...what if you're to die at 35 and in those 5 years you're happiest, i.e. having a family. Idk, that seems important.

i probably wouldnt do it but if you think about it....

none of us knows when we are going to die so it wouldnt matter, right.

if i was supposed to die ten years from now, but took this offer, in five years i wouldnt be expecting to die it would still happen the same way as if i hadnt taken the deal.
BUT, the reason i wouldnt is because with infinite knowledge i would know when i die which aside from be stranded in the ocean is the scariest thing to me.

My mind blew dawg.

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

No

laugh.gif

One of they characters had was forced infinite knowledge upon him and had to give up his right arm and left leg since it was equivalent exchange. His brother also got it but they ended up taking his body.

Definitely reccommend watching it. It's streaming on Netflix under Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
This man speaks the holiest of truths.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

exactly....my thing is that even if you did record what you said and wrote it down, what would happpen if you spent your in tire life trying to decode what you were saying?

Mind=blown!
I didn't even consider this.
My answer is no, now that I think about it.
I can barely read my own notes after class let alone try to decode the some quantum physics type s....

Theoretically, in those 10 minutes I could write down a way to live comfortably by becoming wealthy through some means and figure out how to become immortal. So, yes.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

No

laugh.gif

This man speaks the holiest of truths.

This was the first thing I thought of as well.
laugh.gif

Hell, they had eternal life in their grasp, and they didn't want it. I believe this series answers the question in a sense.
pimp.gif

EZ ANSWER
Limitless_movie_stills_7.jpg

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAA...during that 10 minutes i'll obtain immortality and a way to repeat the 10 minute infinite knowledge process.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

grin.gif

Unless than 10 minutes taught me how to live an extra 10 years I would pass.

I couldn't write down, or type, enough information in 10 minutes to sacrifice 5 years.

EDIT I would also take the 10 minutes of knowledge if it allowed me to make a positive impact on mankind.

(That's my Miss Universe answer)

Back
Top Bottom