[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

barnes is trash. tmac is miami bound. shaq is shaq. only dude left as far as guards is AI
laugh.gif
ai couldnt guard a fathead

them overpaying for blake *!%#!% everything up.

laugh.gif
@ laker fans getting excited for a bit there

I honestly don't think any player will take the lakers 1.8 unless it is some d leaguer type dude like earl watson or a living corpse like kurt thomas

and even then it is not guaranteed

at this point i'd be willing to risk it with tmac or iverson just to have depth
smh.gif

I think Barnes is out of the picture because he wants more money. T-Mac looked done this past season, but if he signs for the minimum then that's fine. At this point, I wouldn't mind Shannon returning as long as it's for less than $3 million/season.

Any Rasual Butler fans?
nerd.gif

STEIN_LINE_HQ ESPN.com sources say Lakers still talking to
Shannon Brown about a return. Two-time champs obviously still want more guard depth

"Raja Bell has agreed to a three-year, $10 million deal with the Jazz." - realgm

I was pretty stoked after seeing that Raja interview posted up there, then this happens. So Shannon returns I guess?....

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

artest-245x300_medium.png

roll.gif
eek.gif

That's cold. I hope Ron doesn't get fined or jumped by the Miami Heat NWO style.
Plus Raja Bell is gonna bite himself to the max once the Lakers win the title in 2011.  He's gonna regret signing to the Jazz

What position is Ebanks? SG or a SF?

Him and Caracter both look to have tremendous upside.. I think they would be nice additions to the team. Definitely an upgrade from Mbenga/Powell and Morrison
laugh.gif
.. Can we sign the both of them?.. im not really sure how rookie contracts work.

I kinda wanted Bell to come to LA but at the same time i used to hate that dude with a passion. I know I wasnt the only one ready to throw blows on him defending Kobe after he got clotheslined
laugh.gif

T-Mac?.. I love him, but at the same time I think a more defensive minded player would be better suited.

Barnes kinda has that Raja effect, i hate him as well.

I kind of wish we could have signed JJ Redick instead of Steve Blake..

Re-sign Shannon, sign Caracter and Ebanks, sign Kurt Thomas and call it an off-season. I'd be comfortable with that.

As stupid as this may sound, sasha is goin to be the key to our benches success this year, cause as of right now it doesn't look like we will be bringing in a new wing this year. If we can get the sasha from 07-08 id be happy

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

What position is Ebanks? SG or a SF?

Him and Caracter both look to have tremendous upside.. I think they would be nice additions to the team. Definitely an upgrade from Mbenga/Powell and Morrison
laugh.gif
.. Can we sign the both of them?.. im not really sure how rookie contracts work.

I kinda wanted Bell to come to LA but at the same time i used to hate that dude with a passion. I know I wasnt the only one ready to throw blows on him defending Kobe after he got clotheslined
laugh.gif

T-Mac?.. I love him, but at the same time I think a more defensive minded player would be better suited.

Barnes kinda has that Raja effect, i hate him as well.

I kind of wish we could have signed JJ Redick instead of Steve Blake..

agree 100% with all this... Redick coulda ran some point too, dude has underrated play making abilities... dude went for cheaper than blake too

[h1]Free-agent buzz: L.A. nears deal with Brown[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 4 hours, 25 minutes ago

WithRaja Bell choosing to sign with the Utah Jazz, guard Shannon Brown hasmoved closer to re-signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, his agent toldYahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

Lakers general manager “Mitch [Kupchak] and I have been talking andwe’re getting there on something,

Im glad Im not the only one that thinks Shaq back to lakers is good.
I think they could sell the idea of being a Heat Killer to him and also the story line
of Shaq and Kobe being reunited might reduce the already too much talk about the Big 3 in Miami.
Lakers need a tough big.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Re-sign Shannon, sign Caracter and Ebanks, sign Kurt Thomas and call it an off-season. I'd be comfortable with that.

This is exactly what needs to get done. I love Kurt, savy Vet, who can give us that 12-15mins in the playoffs well need. Including hitting freethrows. No brainer to me. F Shaq.

Raja gone. Okay, LetShannoncomeback.com.

Sign Kurt as everyone mentioned, sign the kids Ebanks and Caracter, and poof! You got a good off-season, after Fisher re-signed.

damn i dont get it...how come no one wants to sign with us?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

is it monetary issues?

anyways i guess we should just go after tmac now....................

AND SHAQ!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

damn i dont get it...how come no one wants to sign with us?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

is it monetary issues?

anyways i guess we should just go after tmac now....................

AND SHAQ!

Definitely.   You saw how optimistic Raja was, I'm sure he was like, "Naw man, that's not enough"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom