[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How 'bout you win yourself a Finals game before spouting off about someone who has won 16 Finals games.
roll.gif
How bout Bron actually playing in a finals game before he starts popping off at the mouth....greatest player in the nba my $*+
smh.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_Finals

How 'bout you win yourself a Finals game before spouting off about someone who has won 16 Finals games.
roll.gif

How bout Bron actually playing in a finals game before he starts popping off at the mouth....greatest player in the nba my $*+
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
How bout you actually know what you're talking about...

That and I don't think it was a shot at Kobe. If anything it was giving props and saying how good it would be to have you're team carry the slack now and then.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

That and I don't think it was a shot at Kobe. If anything it was giving props and saying how good it would be to have you're team carry the slack now and then.

I agree. LeBron's always respected Kobe. Dude even said he had posters of him all over his wall growing up 
laugh.gif
 He's always praised him. Not 'shots fired' imo, but people like to run with things quickly. I actually agree with LeBron, thats exactly what you would want from your team...to have your back even on your worst nights. 

i'd also lose all respect for Fisher if he left us to go to Miami
i don't think he'll leave though.

we should have signed Fisher before Blake imo

[h1]
[/h1][h1]Lakers Owner Jerry Buss: What, Me Worry About Heat? No Way[/h1]
7/10/2010 12:14 AM ET By Sam Amick
LAS VEGAS -- The Lakers aren't scared of LeBron James and his Miami Heat Superfriends.

So says the team's owner, Dr. Jerry Buss.

"Hardly," Buss told FanHouse when asked if the teaming of James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh had him clutching his latest championship trophy in fear. "I didn't pay much attention to (Thursday's announcement from James). I was curious to see where he went, and once I found that out that was that."

Buss' sentiment was shared by many in the NBA's first day of summer league action, where there was plenty of intrigue about what the three stars could accomplish together but also skepticism because of their nonexistent supporting cast. Miami is reportedly closer to fixing that problem, though, as deals for sharpshooter Mike Miller and forward Udonis Haslem appear to be in the works.

Still, the Lakers -- as Buss made clear, are hardly giving the early nod to the Heat in the Eastern Conference race.

"Somebody in the East will come out, and our job is to beat them, whoever it is," he said. "There are a lot of good teams over there. I don't automatically hand them the title. I think Orlando is very good. I think Chicago is going to be better. Boston, certainly, is tough. We know about that. So let's wait until things get going."

Buss has plenty of his own roster work to do, although he said he was "very, very pleased" when coach Phil Jackson announced recently that he would return for next season. While a contract with Jackson has not been finalized, Buss said it's "pretty well locked up" and he expects it to be done "soon." He also refuted the widely-held notion that Jackson's pay -- specifically, how significant of a pay cut he would be asked to take -- was a significant factor in his decision to come back.

"I always figured Phil would come back," Buss said. "I don't think (money) was ever a factor. It was strictly a question of whether he felt capable from a physical point of view to coach for another year. I think he realized that he's quite healthy and capable and we look forward to it."

If there was a recent Cleveland story Buss did pay significant attention to, it was the Cavaliers coaching search. His good friend, and former Laker, Byron Scott took the job before James left, beating out Lakers assistant Brian Shaw. Had Jackson retired, Scott and Shaw would have been strong candidates to replace him.

"I think (Scott is) going to be a good coach, with or without LeBron," Buss said. "I think (the Cavaliers) made the right choice. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts the roster. (James leaving) is quite a shock to him, I'm sure, but we'll just have to wait and see."

On the Lakers' personnel front, they recently added point guard Steve Blake (four years, $16 million) and continue to work toward bringing guard Derek Fisher back as well. While Fisher is reportedly scheduled to meet with Miami on Saturday, Buss is confident he will remain a Laker.

"We're working on Fisher now and I think we'll probably have him back in the fold soon," Buss said.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak was optimistic as well.

"I just continue to have a dialogue with (Fisher's) representative," he said. "Both sides are motivated, so we think it will work out. We hope so."

pimp.gif

MisterP:
"We all saw in game 7. Kobe went 6-24 from the field...and they still won...because he had teammates to pick him up. We want to get to a point where IF one of us shoots like that, we still end up winning the game."
Why the hell is he talking like Kobe went 6-24 and lost?
laugh.gif
"We want to get to a point where one of us goes 6-24 and we still win." Yeah, ummmm... that's exactly what happened to Kobe, big guy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

20 23 finals games.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

roll.gif
smh.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_Finals
sweeps are forgettable
laugh.gif
.....btw 1 min in the last game of that series for Shannon Brown
pimp.gif

that whole fabricated celebration makes me sick......what is this midnight madness?

so whens the DFISH "decision" airing? when we going to have a staples center rally once he resigns?

MisterP:
"We all saw in game 7. Kobe went 6-24 from the field...and they still won...because he had teammates to pick him up. We want to get to a point where IF one of us shoots like that, we still end up winning the game."
laugh.gif
"We want to get to a point where one of us goes 6-24 and we still win." Yeah, ummmm... that's exactly what happened to Kobe, big guy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Reading Comprehension FTL. How is he taking shots at Kobe?  He's just giving credit to LA's supporting cast.

Originally Posted by eplaya06

roll.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
How bout you actually know what you're talking about...

sorry bout that newley found LeBron fan boy...it slipped my mind.

Originally Posted by eplaya06

MisterP:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Reading Comprehension FTL. How is he taking shots at Kobe?  He's just giving credit to LA's supporting cast.

I watched the press conference and it wasn't a shot at Kobe at all. They were actually talking about the Lakers and how they're willing to do what it takes to be on that level..or something like that

wow bron said that? yeah he was giving us props on how deep we are

but at the end of the day i know kob' took that personal

fish will be back

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

wow bron said that? yeah he was giving us props on how deep we are

but at the end of the day i know kob' took that personal

fish will be back
laugh.gif
That's what I thought.

I don't know about y'all... but Kobe is psycho to me
laugh.gif
dude probably takes everything seriously and personal. Remember those documentaries about Kobe blocking off Laker players just so he can play them 1on1?  And like he said a few weeks ago "yall know me, I remember everything"
pimp.gif

I know damn well, Ron is doing work as we speak! He psycho too, but y'all already knew that.

Wade said he felt sorry for whoever had to guard him and Lebron.

Lebron said they would win 7 titles.

Smh and people hate Kobe because they think he's arrogant. He would never say some foul BS like that, ever.

Can't wait till the Mamba is healthy next season so he can spew his mamba cum all over the haters smh

Miami's celebration for the adittion of Lebron and Bosh was bigger than the Lakers Championship parade.

You would never see Kobe celebrate like that without winning.

Regardless, we're the REAL champions and people shouldn't be worried about Lebron/Wade/Bosh winning a title or even 7, they should worry about Kobe and the Lakers going for that 3peat.

I hope Fish don't sign with the Heat, but if he does, cool. That's on him, can't hate the guy. Plus, his play is diminishing. I don't want that to be a liability on the road to getting back there.

I'm only focused on a few things as a fan right now in regards to the Lakers: getting those free agent pieces to complete this team, watching the summer league games and seeing how Ebanks, Caracter, and Green pan out and see if they're able to make the squad, and then getting passed pre-season into late October.

As far as the Heat go, good for them. If it works out, great, if not, too bad. I'll let their fans discuss what they want to do and how they feel because they have absolutely nothing to do with what the Lakers right now aside from the Fisher talk. I'm just disappointed as a basketball fan that I won't get to watch the epic battles between Wade and Bron for the next 6 years.

Moving on.

hope to catch the LVSL game today. BTW that random guy at guard is Ibrahim Jaaber, from PENN, Euro career, pretty athletic. He played alongside Brandon Jennings that one year he was over there with Lottomatica. Actually started over him, no chance in the NBA, but good to see him playing for the summer league team.

btw is Lamar actually working on his game this summer? seems like his focus will be on his reality show. he better be ready for training camp or else. I actually do hope Sasha improves, shows good early on. Also hope Luke's back improves, that way teams will have better interest in them when we consider packaging them out.

all those three egos are rubbing off each other....
indifferent.gif

With the way the commentators of the SL game were talking yesterday about Puke's back, the Lakers shouldn't count on him at all (not that they should have even if he was 100%
laugh.gif
).

So basically the Lakers got $1.8M left of the the MLE and veteran's minimum at their disposal for a backup center, backup SG/SF and whatever else they want.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I hope Fish don't sign with the Heat, but if he does, cool. That's on him, can't hate the guy. Plus, his play is diminishing. I don't want that to be a liability on the road to getting back there.

I'm only focused on a few things as a fan right now in regards to the Lakers: getting those free agent pieces to complete this team, watching the summer league games and seeing how Ebanks, Caracter, and Green pan out and see if they're able to make the squad, and then getting passed pre-season into late October.

As far as the Heat go, good for them. If it works out, great, if not, too bad. I'll let their fans discuss what they want to do and how they feel because they have absolutely nothing to do with what the Lakers right now aside from the Fisher talk. I'm just disappointed as a basketball fan that I won't get to watch the epic battles between Wade and Bron for the next 6 years.

Moving on.

this.

Back
Top Bottom