with the emergence of NBA cities like OKC and Memphis..

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

People always call you a troll when they run out of or don't have any argument. If you don't like Swift, replace his name with Delonte West, Earl Watson, Jeff Green, Saer Sane (who I thought with his wingspan and athleticism would have done more, hell something in the L).

You already financed 2 other homes for sports teams and didn't want to take on the tax burden of another and not share in any of the profits. That's fine. OKC ,however, stepped up and did. So Bennett took his ball and bounced.

I can't wait til the Thunder and/or the Mavericks leave though. I'm going to be just like the Sonicsgate dude is and rally/manipulate the sorrow of all the other fans to use for my own benefit. Cats literally take up a collection to fly him to games to sit courtside and wear Sonics gear and signs and make an ### of himself to get on tv. I probably won't troll fans of the other team/city on multiple message boards all across the web with corny insults like he does, but I'd love to get other people to pay for me to sit courtside all the time and fly all over the country.

Go take a seat you clown. We all already know you're that troll Dwele al whatever. Punk @#$ 

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

People always call you a troll when they run out of or don't have any argument. If you don't like Swift, replace his name with Delonte West, Earl Watson, Jeff Green, Saer Sane (who I thought with his wingspan and athleticism would have done more, hell something in the L).

You already financed 2 other homes for sports teams and didn't want to take on the tax burden of another and not share in any of the profits. That's fine. OKC ,however, stepped up and did. So Bennett took his ball and bounced.

I can't wait til the Thunder and/or the Mavericks leave though. I'm going to be just like the Sonicsgate dude is and rally/manipulate the sorrow of all the other fans to use for my own benefit. Cats literally take up a collection to fly him to games to sit courtside and wear Sonics gear and signs and make an ### of himself to get on tv. I probably won't troll fans of the other team/city on multiple message boards all across the web with corny insults like he does, but I'd love to get other people to pay for me to sit courtside all the time and fly all over the country.

Go take a seat you clown. We all already know you're that troll Dwele al whatever. Punk @#$ 
That's the extent of your argument?

Since everyone is so upset, can someone explain to my logically why a guy should keep a team in a town that won't build him an arena when there's one that will, won't fill the seats when there's one that will, not to mention he could become a local hero? Seems like an easy decision to me.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

That's the extent of your argument?

Since everyone is so upset, can someone explain to my logically why a guy should keep a team in a town that won't build him an arena when there's one that will, won't fill the seats when there's one that will, not to mention he could become a local hero? Seems like an easy decision to me.

Originally Posted by Statis22

If im not mistaken didn't Seattle and Washington government screw up by taking a cop out deal allowing them to move?

Nah, they refused to build an arena. Clay Bennett bought the team with all intentions to move the team, but the NBA and the terms of his deal was to make a "good faith effort" to keep the team in Seattle. So his proposal was that he wanted an arena, was going to cost 500million IIRC, since the NBA/Stern had been unsatisfied with Key Arena which was built in 95 and lacked the amount of luxury suites/high dollar seats/restaurants. Also, their attendance in the last season was only 14k which is only 78% when you're talking about an 18k arena. Despite the fact they had just built homes for 2 other sports teams, Seattle decided against the tax funded arena deal which then freed Bennett to move the team.

Conversely, OKC already had the Ford Center (now just the OKC Arena) and agreed to take on the tax burden of improving the arena, not to mention did/does better attendance #s.
Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
but how is Cleveland number 3 on the list.
eek.gif

LeBron James, Early season ticket renewals, non refundable

From everything I read, Key Arena wasn't (and still isn't) a bad place for a team to play. They were getting strong armed into building a new arena that they didn't need and Key Arena had been renovated.

If im not mistaken didn't Seattle and Washington government screw up by taking a cop out deal allowing them to move?

Nah, they refused to build an arena. Clay Bennett bought the team with all intentions to move the team, but the NBA and the terms of his deal was to make a "good faith effort" to keep the team in Seattle. So his proposal was that he wanted an arena, was going to cost 500million IIRC, since the NBA/Stern had been unsatisfied with Key Arena which was built in 95 and lacked the amount of luxury suites/high dollar seats/restaurants. Also, their attendance in the last season was only 14k which is only 78% when you're talking about an 18k arena. Despite the fact they had just built homes for 2 other sports teams, Seattle decided against the tax funded arena deal which then freed Bennett to move the team.

Conversely, OKC already had the Ford Center (now just the OKC Arena) and agreed to take on the tax burden of improving the arena, not to mention did/does better attendance #s.
Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
eek.gif

From everything I read, Key Arena wasn't (and still isn't) a bad place for a team to play. They were getting strong armed into building a new arena that they didn't need and Key Arena had been renovated.

Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Dont even try to talk sense with this clown. He chooses to look past the facts and bring up nonsense.

Seattle coughed up big to renovate Key-Arena a to meet Sterns requirements and a handful of years later  apparently they werent good enough and we needed a new stadium. Damn right the City didnt want to pay and that was exactly what Bennett wanted to hear.

Warriors in the top ten
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Dont even try to talk sense with this clown. He chooses to look past the facts and bring up nonsense.

Seattle coughed up big to renovate Key-Arena a to meet Sterns requirements and a handful of years later  apparently they werent good enough and we needed a new stadium. Damn right the City didnt want to pay and that was exactly what Bennett wanted to hear.

Just wanted to point out I have not called anybody any name or made any personal insults. God Bless You, Good Night.

Just wanted to point out I have not called anybody any name or made any personal insults. God Bless You, Good Night.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

seattle fans so god damn butt hurt. give it a rest
You'd be butt hurt too if the Bulls moved to New Mexico.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

seattle fans so god damn butt hurt. give it a rest
You'd be butt hurt too if the Bulls moved to New Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom