Wisdom teeth out vol. OUCH

It actually doesn't hurt that much, just super annoying not being able to eat solid food. I can't open my mouth all the way

It actually doesn't hurt that much, just super annoying not being able to eat solid food. I can't open my mouth all the way

had all 4 done in may...bottom two were impacted and i still have holes that are closing.... worst feeling was not the pain but the inability to eat solid foods

had all 4 done in may...bottom two were impacted and i still have holes that are closing.... worst feeling was not the pain but the inability to eat solid foods

I had a great experience when all 4 of my wisdom teeth were taken out. I was knocked out, and the whole experience was just easy (I had the best sleep ever). The bleeding was moderate, I only felt slight pain the first day, and I had no swelling. I took one pain med because my oral surgeon told me I should before the IV sedation wore off, and it turns out that it was unnecessary. I did learn the hard way never to take a narc on an empty stomach because I threw up profusely less than ten minutes after taking the only one I took. From what my oral surgeon told me, I had one of the most difficult extractions he has ever had to deal with, so I am glad I was knocked out.

I had a panic attack the night before the procedure thinking I was going to get dry socket. I spent like two weeks researching it. lol. Don't ever do that. You'll just freak yourself out. I pretty much lived on chocolate pudding and chicken broth because I was so afraid of getting dry socket. I also was really serious about the salt water rinses, like 7x a day even though I wasn't eating often, and brushed my teeth about 4 times a day to get the food out as much as possible. I also used a water pik after I consumed anything.

I had a great experience when all 4 of my wisdom teeth were taken out. I was knocked out, and the whole experience was just easy (I had the best sleep ever). The bleeding was moderate, I only felt slight pain the first day, and I had no swelling. I took one pain med because my oral surgeon told me I should before the IV sedation wore off, and it turns out that it was unnecessary. I did learn the hard way never to take a narc on an empty stomach because I threw up profusely less than ten minutes after taking the only one I took. From what my oral surgeon told me, I had one of the most difficult extractions he has ever had to deal with, so I am glad I was knocked out.

I had a panic attack the night before the procedure thinking I was going to get dry socket. I spent like two weeks researching it. lol. Don't ever do that. You'll just freak yourself out. I pretty much lived on chocolate pudding and chicken broth because I was so afraid of getting dry socket. I also was really serious about the salt water rinses, like 7x a day even though I wasn't eating often, and brushed my teeth about 4 times a day to get the food out as much as possible. I also used a water pik after I consumed anything.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

anyone know if trees make it feel any better?
You're REALLY not to supposed to make any sucking motions after you have a tooth extracted. You can suck out your blood clots that way and cause a very serious, painful infection. It's not worth it. Your doc should be pretty generous with pain meds afterwards.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

anyone know if trees make it feel any better?
You're REALLY not to supposed to make any sucking motions after you have a tooth extracted. You can suck out your blood clots that way and cause a very serious, painful infection. It's not worth it. Your doc should be pretty generous with pain meds afterwards.

Got all four of mine removed a little over a month ago. The only thing that bothered me was the swelling and bleeding, other than that the pain was not bad at all.

Got all four of mine removed a little over a month ago. The only thing that bothered me was the swelling and bleeding, other than that the pain was not bad at all.

Got mine pulled yesterday. Stitches are irritating!
mad.gif

Got 4 out this past friday. In all honesty. it was painless until I got out of the dentist, but it wasnt nothing my hydrocodine couldnt get rid of. Ive been sticking to apple sauce and gatorade. I just cant wait to eat like normal again!!

Got 4 out this past friday. In all honesty. it was painless until I got out of the dentist, but it wasnt nothing my hydrocodine couldnt get rid of. Ive been sticking to apple sauce and gatorade. I just cant wait to eat like normal again!!

I have a fractured molar the dentist determined extraction and bone grafting to be the only alternative. Has anyone ever gone through this? what should i expect?
ohwell.gif

I have a fractured molar the dentist determined extraction and bone grafting to be the only alternative. Has anyone ever gone through this? what should i expect?
ohwell.gif

So, do you get put under general anesthesia or local? I wanna be doped up on all kinds of %@$+ when they're doing it...don't wanna be conscious. I have to get it done before spring.

So, do you get put under general anesthesia or local? I wanna be doped up on all kinds of %@$+ when they're doing it...don't wanna be conscious. I have to get it done before spring.

Back
Top Bottom