Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

A basketball show is always gonna be niche sadly. It aint a procedural or a hospital show to get huge views.

Last edited:
I mean, it's an entertaining show, I like it, but if it dies, it dies ( I know all the actual people might feel this way lol). I would love to see how AC Green would have fit into all of this and the jokes that came his way lmaoooo. I kinda feel bad for those that weren't born, or too young to understand all going on (I barely understood a lot prior to 88 and really liking basketball), they kind of miss out. But I guess it's a good entertaining companion piece to the other documentaries and classic footage available.

MLGA enlighten me on Norm Nixon’s feelings on Magic ending up with 5 of dem thangz!

20230822_213952.jpg

Clearly I cared thus me asking the question
We all care. But this series is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not a documentary. The object of the show clearly is to entertain due to the disclaimers they put at the beginning of each season. If you want to know exactly about Westhead, just look it up.

We all care. But this series is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not a documentary. The object of the show clearly is to entertain due to the disclaimers they put at the beginning of each season. If you want to know exactly about Westhead, just look it up.
I wouldn't say "grain of salt"...

they are embellishing things for entertainment, but everything portrayed on the show has been pretty accurate historically

I wouldn't say "grain of salt"...

they are embellishing things for entertainment, but everything portrayed on the show has been pretty accurate historically
I said that to say not everything happened to the letter as they are showing it. They have the disclaimer for the show, which I've said. The accompanying podcast on the show has even said it. Others in this thread have even looked up games to see how endings of games were changed for dramatic effect on the show (not changing the outcome of the game of who won/lost), but changed for entertainment value.

Why are you defending your point so hard? There are Lakers on here who are ancient enough to have lived through all of this in real time.

So I used a Message Board thread where an active discussion about the series is occuring to pose a question. And you all up in arms about it.

Take a chill pill.

Why are you defending your point so hard? There are Lakers on here who are ancient enough to have lived through all of this in real time.

So I used a Message Board thread where an active discussion about the series is occuring to pose a question. And you all up in arms about it.

Take a chill pill.
I'm not defending any point. All I did was re-iterate what I previously posted. I answered your post, but you got snarky about it. I didn't mock anything you said at all, I just answered your question. This is exactly what you said it is-- a discussion. These types of questions were asked and answered all throughout the discussion of season 1, check it out. I never understand how so many people take things so personal and lash out at other people when we are just discussing a show that we all watch and enjoy. Why can't we just discuss without snarky remarks?

Two words.."who cares" started all that 🤣. Bruh genuinely wanted to know and you dismissed him all flippant like 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom