Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

If we are talking revenue wise then JB has the upper hand since they have team jordans and have several line of athletes endorsing their shoes. But if its only MJ's signature vs Lebrons then yes. Lebrons are basketball shoes while Jordans are not. Yes I said it, deal with it. Face it, no one is gonna camp for shoes just for basketball and no one would want to pay more than retail...So with that said; the lebrons are more versatile cause it appeals to consumers who are rocking it for fashion and for those who are lacing them up for bb. Lebron got at least 8 more years in him and that is good enough to make it up to Lebron XX, While Jordan only have 1-14 to work with. Anything beyond those are just fugly. JB already tarnished the 1's and they are bound to run out of OG colorways to rerelease. JB will gradually lose its appeal cause LeBron is the super star of this generation. It took many years before jays became exclusive and desired. I don't recall any OG jays being sold out during the first launch. Lebron on the other hand already has a few that made their way into the sneakers hof imo like the South Beaches and the Fruity Pebbles. This is just my opinion so don't get butt hurt JB stans.

I think in the future possibly because the up and coming sneakerheads have never seen MJ play before and can only youtube his games or see his highlights ever once and awhile on Sportscenter. They will always hear that MJ was better than Lebron, but it their eyes they will see players like Kobe, KD, and Lebron take over the game. And I must give props to the design team for the Lebrons. As much as a retro fan as I am, the south beaches, galaxys, Floridians, and etc. look great!

aj 1-14 may never be topped

that was a crazy run

lbj 8s are the nicest brons by far

7s at a close second

Go into Foot Locker and tell me how many different JB models you see on the wall. Not just retros, the 2012s, Son of Mars, etc. Every single shoe that has a Jumpman on it.

You just wanna argue don't you? :lol: I didn't say **** about JB, I just said that there are more than 9 shoes under the Lebron line.

Kids today are watching Lebron play. They've only seen Jordan in commercials and TV clips. Michael Jordan is just a fashion label today. Kids today don't want to be like Mike, they want to be like Lebron. If Lebron continues to win championships, then he'll surpass Jordan and then when Lebron gets old, there will be another anointed one to take his place . . .

This is the way it should be.

It's honestly based on age I mean I'm almost 25 and wear only Jordan's and watched Jordan as I grew up..I mean really kids 18 and under haven't seem mj play really so they eat up lebron and his shoes..IMO lebrons have a close 2nd as far as how popular they are now in 2012...look around and see how many people waking are wearing lebron and Jordan's, that right there goes to show you how popular Jordan's will always be

what about foambs? 
nerd.gif

LMAO

Yeah maybe to you kids, who's never had an OG pair of  Jordans in your life. Im 23 and LEBRONS WILL NEVER be as popular as Jordans was and always will be.

Only good lebrons are the 4's and 9's.

Remember Kids

Jordan + Sneakers = ICONIC

Lebron + Sneakers = FOOLISH HYPE.

I have/had at least one pair of each Air Jordan sig from 1 to 23 (few OG's here and there from the 90's/'00s) as well as LeBron sigs from 1 to 9, and I'd have to say I prefer the LeBrons. Aside from looks (I'm one of the few who thinks some 'Brons look better), few could disagree that LeBron 1-9 have the edge in most other categories over the Jordan 1-9, including quality, technology, durability, performance, etc.

If designers start to think outside the box like Tinker then yes
No.

No matter how much you all want him to be Lebron just isn't the polarizing athlete and celebrity that MJ was. Jordan was not only the greatest he was a huge piece of pop culture. There's a reason why the phrase was I wanna be like Mike.
No, for the reasons above. 

The designs of the Jordans have a wider appeal imo.  And Lebron doesn't match Jordan in popularity and marketability.  

Jordan started with CLASSICS from the 1's on.. can you really say that about the Lebrons??
Im not really a fan of the lebrons but I do agree with OPs comment about Lebron being to their generation what Jordan was to ours
I say if Lebron continues to match the hype, he'll have a good chance.. only time will tell

What was classic about the Air Jordan II? Shoe was ugly then and ugly now. If that was lebron signature shoe, yall would have clowned him.

LMAO

Yeah maybe to you kids, who's never had an OG pair of  Jordans in your life. Im 23 and LEBRONS WILL NEVER be as popular as Jordans was and always will be.

Remember Kids

Damn shoes that tell you how high you jump, but fools wearing them 6'3 and cant touch the gotdamn net.smh

This post is nothing more than superficial sneaker culture rhetoric to once again indirectly undermine Lebron as a player through his sneakers. Not a heat fan and i own a lot more J's than Lebrons but someone needs to be objective and not let your nonsensical post slide.

You talk about how iconic jordan's are. If they were so iconic, why didn't the OG's ever sell out? Go ask anybody in their 40's about the OG Jordan's. Them things sat. Even the concord 11's. The narrative that Jordans sold out instantly is simply false. Jordan's starting selling out toward the end of his playing career. I remember being a kid (27 now) and you could literally buy OG Jordans/Nikes from Stride-Rite (how many of yall remember that store?). My first pair of J's where Cardinal 7's. When I got in middle school, you could walk in any sporting good store and many of the OG J's available months after release. I passed on many pairs of OG J's to get those nike air uptempo white/blk/neon.

To all the young kids in here, don't let this dude fool yall. J's were not selling out back in the day. People were not lining up and doing all this crazy stuff that people are doing now. This irony with this poster is that he labels lebron + sneakers as foolish hype yet he/she is the one who is foolishly hyping up the sales of OG Jordans.

LMAO

Remember Kids

Damn shoes that tell you how high you jump, but fools wearing them 6'3 and cant touch the gotdamn net.smh

This post is nothing more than superficial sneaker culture rhetoric to once again indirectly undermine Lebron as a player through his sneakers. Not a heat fan and i own a lot more J's than Lebrons but someone needs to be objective and not let your nonsensical post slide.

You talk about how iconic jordan's are. If they were so iconic, why didn't the OG's ever sell out? Go ask anybody in their 40's about the OG Jordan's. Them things sat. Even the concord 11's. The narrative that Jordans sold out instantly is simply false. Jordan's starting selling out toward the end of his playing career. I remember being a kid (27 now) and you could literally buy OG Jordans/Nikes from Stride-Rite (how many of yall remember that store?). My first pair of J's where Cardinal 7's. When I got in middle school, you could walk in any sporting good store and many of the OG J's available months after release. I passed on many pairs of OG J's to get those nike air uptempo white/blk/neon.

To all the young kids in here, don't let this dude fool yall. J's were not selling out back in the day. People were not lining up and doing all this crazy stuff that people are doing now. This irony with this poster is that he labels lebron + sneakers as foolish hype yet he/she is the one who is foolishly hyping up the sales of OG Jordans.

Thats because sneaker culture was as mainstream as it was today. Everybody is into sneakers nowadays.

jordan was what started sneaker collecting, and jordans just have to much pedigree, they can come close but never be more popular,

Back
Top Bottom