Will Lebron's ever be as popular as jordans

There's simple answer to this question:  NO.  

Let them retro any LeBron from 1-9 right now in a regular, general release colorway.  Do you think kids will be lined up all around the country for those?  Do you think they'll sell out across all major online retailers within minutes?  I don't.  

I could only see dudes beasting over Bron retros if they brought back the limited/hyped colorways.  That's not genuine popularity, IMO.  

I have to respectfully disagree. They can bring back any Lebron in retro form, make it part of some theme or pack or package, slap some wild colours and run their 'panic/limited' marketing scheme on it and watch the shoes fly out. Whether it's the resellers buying them or people who genuinely love the sneaker it simply doesn't matter - limited, wild coloured junk sells in this day and age.

Right now, the hype on the Lebron Xs have dropped heavily compared to the Lebron IXs. More people want the KDs and Kobes this year.

Actually, I would like to retract my first answer. I think they will be as popular as Jordan. You guys are really under estimating t these up coming generations. JTPlatnium's post is proof of that.

These generations only know Jordan as a shoe brand. A shoe brand that over charges for 20+ year old sneakers that you have to jump through hoops to even purchase. Its a fad for them. Jordans will play out due to lack of current relevancy, and it'll be all about Lebron. MJ is going to go the way Bill Russell, just another extraordinary player from the pass the put up ridiculous numbers in a game that was different from the current era.

the only reason you see so many kids in lebrons is because they couldnt get the jordans. lets be real there are only like what 5 good lebrons colorways? the answer is no never in a million years will they be more popular than jordans

I've prefered Brons over Jordans for a few years now

better quality

less hassle

and you can actually hoop in them

ask again in let's say 10 years, once Lebron's career is coming to an end, see what Lebron has accomplished and then we can see if his shoes were ever be as popular as Jordans . . .

Imo lebrons line can't even match jordans line until it ditches the swoosh. As long as lebrons have Nike swooshes on em, they will never develop the kind of identity Jordan brand has

id take lbjs, kobes, kds > jordans. Im sick of the same ole shoe like damn im rocking a style created in 1992. I had 70% of the jordans that released from grade school to high school, my dad was a mike fan. I jus get sick of seeing the same styles but thats just me, im all for the new.

5 maybe 10 years from now lebrons will be as popular if not more. BUT, lebron sneakers need to make more cameos in movies and tv shows. Lebron the player needs some more championships and memorable moments to memorialize certain kicks.

I think the future generations will. the kids who grew up to LBJ in his prime just as most of us grew up to MJ in his prime.

Most kids are buying jordans in lebron's prime though.

Have you been watching basketball? This man just really started being who we though he was this season. Hes not in his prime.

MJ was 28 when he won his first title. Same age as Lebronious.

Last edited:
I think the future generations will. the kids who grew up to LBJ in his prime just as most of us grew up to MJ in his prime.

Most kids are buying jordans in lebron's prime though.

Have you been watching basketball? This man just really started being who we though he was this season. Hes not in his prime.

MJ was 28 when he won his first title. Same age as Lebronious.
Actually, 'Bron was 27 last June.He just turned 28 2 months ago.

Its not even close, Jordans were a cultural movement and are even referenced in text books. Lebrons dont even get recognized on feet unless theyre the newest ones out

The fact that this could be raised as a question speaks very loudly for LeBron's shoe. Personally I don't think so. Speaking as an old head (42) who never could dribble a basket ball I own two pair of LeBron's and soon to ne a third when the low x hits. Nike came through with an iconic shoe, most notably the X, for an iconic player.

The fact that this could be raised as a question speaks very loudly for LeBron's shoe. Personally I don't think so. Speaking as an old head (42) who never could dribble a basket ball I own two pair of LeBron's and soon to ne a third when the low x hits. Nike came through with an iconic shoe, most notably the X, for an iconic player.

No you were just bored

Hes the undisputed best player in the league and a champion now, so you wanted a shoe to identify with him but the Lebron X seriously isn't even his top shoe and its not close to being iconic

There's simple answer to this question:  NO.  

Let them retro any LeBron from 1-9 right now in a regular, general release colorway.  Do you think kids will be lined up all around the country for those?  Do you think they'll sell out across all major online retailers within minutes?  I don't.  

I could only see dudes beasting over Bron retros if they brought back the limited/hyped colorways.  That's not genuine popularity, IMO.  

Jordan first round of retroes used to sit on shelves.....nowadays is not even about Lebron, is about the hype, for God's sakes sneakers that moms used to buy their kids because they were not about to drop money on nikes, Fila's and Reeboks are now flying out the stores....lets keep it real, no kid wanted a pair of Fila's growing up, yet today everyone is like "YO THEM JOINTS IS FIRE!"

:rofl:

Jordan caught a moment that had never been captured before him

now everybody is trying to recreate that moment

it's tough and damn near impossible to do

lebron has the best chance, i dont see it happening but wouldn't put it past lebron to do so

You just fell for the hype man. The words 'iconic' and 'Lebron X' should not be used in the same sentence. It's only iconic because Nike marketing is telling you so. The design is a rehash and the colourways are non-sensical. That said 'Bron would be tearing up the league in Chucks if he had to do it.

Jordan first round of retroes used to sit on shelves.....nowadays is not even about Lebron, is about the hype, for God's sakes sneakers that moms used to buy their kids because they were not about to drop money on nikes, Fila's and Reeboks are now flying out the stores....lets keep it real, no kid wanted a pair of Fila's growing up, yet today everyone is like "YO THEM JOINTS IS FIRE!"

:rofl:

Hit the nail on the head with this one ksteezy. Something is definitely amiss when you have retro+ colours of Kemps selling out and dudes are beasting over Ewings.

Well to be honest it seems like a lot of the people beasting over Kemps are ones who remember him growing up. I don't see many younger cats in my area wanting the Reebok classics. I'm sure in the larger urban markets where fashion is key to your social acceptance it's a lot different.

Back
Top Bottom