Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

Childhood obesity is totally out of control
I am a pediatrician, and i see this on a daily basis. I see kids that weigh double what they should, and this is before they are even 10 years old. bottom line is, kids eat a bunch of crap, drink soda and juice and koolaid like it was going out style, and they don't exercise, just watch tv, play videogames etc. Hardly anyone drinks water anymore or even goes outside. I have even had parents tell my "well i don't eat vegetables, so why should they?" WTH? Many parents nowadays have no clue about eating healthy foods, conversely, there are parents that do have an idea about eating healthy, but their kids don't want to, and they don't wan't to hear them complain, so they just give in to what they want. I am stuck at work this morning, and now I am about to go see a teenage girl who is 5'3 and 190 pounds.

There are very few medical conditions that will make you obese, and i can assure you, they are few and far between. People in the US are fat because they eat crap, don't drink water, and don't exercise.

My 2cents.

I am a pediatrician, and i see this on a daily basis. I see kids that weigh double what they should, and this is before they are even 10 years old. bottom line is, kids eat a bunch of crap, drink soda and juice and koolaid like it was going out style, and they don't exercise, just watch tv, play videogames etc. Hardly anyone drinks water anymore or even goes outside. I have even had parents tell my "well i don't eat vegetables, so why should they?" WTH? Many parents nowadays have no clue about eating healthy foods, conversely, there are parents that do have an idea about eating healthy, but their kids don't want to, and they don't wan't to hear them complain, so they just give in to what they want. I am stuck at work this morning, and now I am about to go see a teenage girl who is 5'3 and 190 pounds.

There are very few medical conditions that will make you obese, and i can assure you, they are few and far between. People in the US are fat because they eat crap, don't drink water, and don't exercise.

My 2cents.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

I swear I'm never even gonna let myself get over like 12% BF
I remember when one of my boys who doesn't work out said to me like "dude why go to the gym so much you're not gonna care and be fat when you're 50 like everyone else'

laugh.gif

no

i can't understand that mindset. people are lazy and afraid of anything difficult. 

this. all of it.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

I swear I'm never even gonna let myself get over like 12% BF
I remember when one of my boys who doesn't work out said to me like "dude why go to the gym so much you're not gonna care and be fat when you're 50 like everyone else'

laugh.gif

no

i can't understand that mindset. people are lazy and afraid of anything difficult. 

this. all of it.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

My 2cents.

This, and its not fair to the kids. They grow up fat with no understanding of why or how to change it.
ohwell.gif

My 2cents.

This, and its not fair to the kids. They grow up fat with no understanding of why or how to change it.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by gatorad3

This.

You don't even have to eat healthy to lose weight. Calories in<Calories out. The second law of thermodynamics. Ninjahood said about the same thing too you don't need to eat healthy and shop at Whole Foods.

There's documentaries of guys who lose fat with McDonalds. One there was a bodybuilder who cut weight with McDonalds and another was a Doctor who lost weight with McDonalds and his health improved.

People are gonna read this and be like "@!%? thats bull****" but its all good as long as I know.
Yea losing fat/weight is one thing, but have a heart that is 5 seconds away from exploding is another. I am not sure if you were suggesting that anyone eats unhealthy, but if you are, please stop.
I don't think he is. Like people have said in this thread being skinny=/=healthy by default, but you CAN be slim even if you eat Mcdonalds/fast food. As a college student who leaves his car at home, I don't have a ride to get groceries every week, or sometimes I'm stuck on campus for hours with no options except fast food.But I also work out/run almost every day of the week. I walk to/from class every day, which is usually a 40 min round trip. I've eaten fast food for 7 days straight and didn't gain a single pound (although I'm naturally skinny so for me it's different 
laugh.gif
)
Good luck with the cholesterol. That's something that working out daily really doesn't alleviate. Gotta change your diet to do that...

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by gatorad3

This.

You don't even have to eat healthy to lose weight. Calories in<Calories out. The second law of thermodynamics. Ninjahood said about the same thing too you don't need to eat healthy and shop at Whole Foods.

There's documentaries of guys who lose fat with McDonalds. One there was a bodybuilder who cut weight with McDonalds and another was a Doctor who lost weight with McDonalds and his health improved.

People are gonna read this and be like "@!%? thats bull****" but its all good as long as I know.
Yea losing fat/weight is one thing, but have a heart that is 5 seconds away from exploding is another. I am not sure if you were suggesting that anyone eats unhealthy, but if you are, please stop.
I don't think he is. Like people have said in this thread being skinny=/=healthy by default, but you CAN be slim even if you eat Mcdonalds/fast food. As a college student who leaves his car at home, I don't have a ride to get groceries every week, or sometimes I'm stuck on campus for hours with no options except fast food.But I also work out/run almost every day of the week. I walk to/from class every day, which is usually a 40 min round trip. I've eaten fast food for 7 days straight and didn't gain a single pound (although I'm naturally skinny so for me it's different 
laugh.gif
)
Good luck with the cholesterol. That's something that working out daily really doesn't alleviate. Gotta change your diet to do that...

My 2cents.
Dropping info for the JumboPZ's of the world. 
pimp.gif

My 2cents.
Dropping info for the JumboPZ's of the world. 
pimp.gif

My 2cents.
Preach, I don't think people realize the extent of the problem. People are getting fatter, and getting fatter earlier than ever before. What makes you fat is very simple, I would know before I blew up the last 3 months. Sedentary lifestyle (people literally have no reason to go outside anymore because of all the technology and entertainment at our fingertips) + eating like crap (snacking, sugary drinks, fast food).

My 2cents.
Preach, I don't think people realize the extent of the problem. People are getting fatter, and getting fatter earlier than ever before. What makes you fat is very simple, I would know before I blew up the last 3 months. Sedentary lifestyle (people literally have no reason to go outside anymore because of all the technology and entertainment at our fingertips) + eating like crap (snacking, sugary drinks, fast food).

they say they tax bottled water so it's not such an appealing choice at fast food restaurants and you're more inclined by buy soda.

so the legislation isn't helping.

they say they tax bottled water so it's not such an appealing choice at fast food restaurants and you're more inclined by buy soda.

so the legislation isn't helping.

you'll be amazed in what other things they put in our foods to keep you wanting more....not to mention depressants....

All around healthy life style FTW!!!!!!

you'll be amazed in what other things they put in our foods to keep you wanting more....not to mention depressants....

All around healthy life style FTW!!!!!!

I work in a pretty rare situation
I'm a summer RA in a dorm full of International students from everywhere. I mean everywhere, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Venezuela, Japan, you name it, they're here

These kids come in groups from their home countries, usually consisting of 10-15 per

Now, aside from my observations of some of these underage European girls 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 no exaggeration 

hey, shes 16. Yeah, but that @%$ looks grown. Honestly. It's so impressive. I used to call ppl \crazy when they said they'd hit a girl that young (I'm 19) but wow. *#@% is mindblowing, honestly

da mass is so impressive

But I digress. My opinion of how Europeans are born with an elegant swag that we can never possess isn't for this issue

These kids are healthy. All of them. It was refreshing to see 300 kids and you don't have typical American type bodies. Insanely obese at age 12 and all that.

It really is sad that that's today's reality in our .

It is a simple problem though, just as the pediatrician pointed out.

And I just wanted to offer my perspective that witnesses first hand the adolescents from other countries. They look NOTHING like us

Diet and exercise, baby. Diet and Exercise.

I work in a pretty rare situation
I'm a summer RA in a dorm full of International students from everywhere. I mean everywhere, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Venezuela, Japan, you name it, they're here

These kids come in groups from their home countries, usually consisting of 10-15 per

Now, aside from my observations of some of these underage European girls 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 no exaggeration 

hey, shes 16. Yeah, but that @%$ looks grown. Honestly. It's so impressive. I used to call ppl \crazy when they said they'd hit a girl that young (I'm 19) but wow. *#@% is mindblowing, honestly

da mass is so impressive

But I digress. My opinion of how Europeans are born with an elegant swag that we can never possess isn't for this issue

These kids are healthy. All of them. It was refreshing to see 300 kids and you don't have typical American type bodies. Insanely obese at age 12 and all that.

It really is sad that that's today's reality in our .

It is a simple problem though, just as the pediatrician pointed out.

And I just wanted to offer my perspective that witnesses first hand the adolescents from other countries. They look NOTHING like us

Diet and exercise, baby. Diet and Exercise.

when i was fat(ter) I would eat until I was full and borderline nauseous. Now I try to eat until im no longer hungry. Just put the plate down. You can get a doggy bag and have some more if you truly are hungry later. I also struggled with this because being from a 3rd world country we never throw away food so you have to clean your plate regardless of the ridiculous portions restaurants serve now.

Back
Top Bottom