WHY IS THE 2014 911 TURBO S ALMOST TWICE THE PRICE OF A GTR? (VID)

[COLOR=#red]Because it's virtually unbreakable. It can do launch control over 50 times in a row with no long term damage. The GTR can only do it 3-4 times before going into limp mode. If you do it more than that you can void your warranty. Fastest 0-60 recorded in the 911 was 2.6 seconds. Also the launch control is so smooth on the 911 that the tester did it with no hands at full acceleration. So basically you're paying for more robust superior engineering.[/COLOR]

You would be surprised how hard it is to kill yourself in a modern Turbo...

I'm sure the technology in that car is definitely up to par with the amount of power it has. I've never driven anything of that caliber but I've driven fast cars and **** get edgy sometimes. But I know its designed also to protect the wannabes who don't know anything about cars from hurting themselves and others.

I could only imagine driving that thing.... Soon.

[COLOR=#red]Just think of all the engineering hat goes into a car that can hit 60 mph in less than 3 seconds and you don't even have to have your hands on the wheel. But seriously they did 61 consecutive launch controls and they had no overheating or anything. That's pretty sick. The GTR is still uber, but it's not as bulletproof an engine as the Porsche.

What's crazy about both is that they get us 3 second 0-60 with six cylinder engines (yes I know they have insane boost numbers, but a lot of it is due to their AWD setup which basically eliminates time robbing wheelspin.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Just think of all the engineering hat goes into a car that can hit 60 mph in less than 3 seconds and you don't even have to have your hands on the wheel. But seriously they did 61 consecutive launch controls and they had no overheating or anything. That's pretty sick. The GTR is still uber, but it's not as bulletproof an engine as the Porsche.

What's crazy about both is that they get us 3 second 0-60 with six cylinder engines (yes I know they have insane boost numbers, but a lot of it is due to their AWD setup which basically eliminates time robbing wheelspin.[/COLOR]

Porsche is simply amazing to me... They have constantly been on the cutting edge of performance technology... They among the first to adopt turbo tech... The first to use awd on a performance car... The 911 is the fastest car 0-60 not named Bugatti... Also, they offer literly 20+ models/variants of the 911...

GTR is made by Nissan which would not be able to sell a $200,000 car even if it had the same engineering as the 911

I'd kill myself in it within a week.

You would be surprised how hard it is to kill yourself in a modern Turbo...

It doesn't take much to wrap yourself around a tree..

That Porsche is amazing though. I've always loved Porsche more than Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

Classic silhouettes. The 911 no matter the year is timeless.

One day I'll have one :pimp:

Hopefully make it a wide body :smokin

the 911 turbo been my favorite car for 5 years now, beautiful all around. sporty yet sexy as hell. very very fast, just sleek and elegant.

would give up my testicles for one, kinda srs

the 911 turbo been my favorite car for 5 years now, beautiful all around. sporty yet sexy as hell. very very fast, just sleek and elegant.

would give up my testicles for one, kinda srs
Alright... Gonna forward this. I know someone who needs one.

Back
Top Bottom