WHY IS THE 2014 911 TURBO S ALMOST TWICE THE PRICE OF A GTR? (VID)

just placed order
smokin.gif
What color combo did you get?

I haven't driven a new one. But fuuuu this dude let me drive his modded 997.2 a few times. I could never take a gtr over one. Porsche is just a monster to drive. Gtr is fast. The porsche was almost scary and I've driven my fair share of beasts.

I'd take a turbo Porsche over any lambo or ferrari besides a f40. No joke. Just something about them.

That's just me. I like what I like. I know no one will agree. :lol:

i know why you feel that way because the 911 is a monster and you can drive it 24/7 as a DD and do w/e you want and you know its gonna last

you dont see too many people throwing 50k miles on a lambo or ferrari without issue and driving it all day everyday as a DD :lol:

That's just me. I like what I like. I know no one will agree. :lol:

i know why you feel that way because the 911 is a monster and you can drive it 24/7 as a DD and do w/e you want and you know its gonna last

you dont see too many people throwing 50k miles on a lambo or ferrari without issue and driving it all day everyday as a DD :lol:

You know that's probably it. And I would daily it too. Dude drives his daily. Rain or snow doesn't matter. Joint is always dirty as hell too. His other car is a hoopty explorer. :lol:

I'd kill myself in it within a week.

You would be surprised how hard it is to kill yourself in a modern Turbo...

It doesn't take much to wrap yourself around a tree..

It is actually fairly difficult with a modern sports car - the stability control is so good that it senses things before you've done them and can correct ridiculous mistakes. You can basically keep your foot on the floor and just turn the wheel and it will sort it out - not like the old 911s where it handled well but once you were out of control it was up to your skill to get it back.

the 911 turbo been my favorite car for 5 years now, beautiful all around. sporty yet sexy as hell. very very fast, just sleek and elegant.

would give up my testicles for one, kinda srs

Had no idea you likes the 911 like that also. Chally and 911 it is brah.

Because it's virtually unbreakable. It can do launch control over 50 times in a row with no long term damage. The GTR can only do it 3-4 times before going into limp mode. If you do it more than that you can void your warranty. Fastest 0-60 recorded in the 911 was 2.6 seconds. Also the launch control is so smooth on the 911 that the tester did it with no hands at full acceleration. So basically you're paying for more robust superior engineering.
 I see what you're saying. But Superior Robust Engineering? Naw, Nissan got some of the best engineers in the world period.

If they wanted to create a $200k supercar they would, but that's not what they were aiming for. When they began development, the goal was to create a car that performs well at a fraction of the cost.

It's all about the development process and what the end goal of the company is. Nissan is more than capable of this.

the 911 turbo been my favorite car for 5 years now, beautiful all around. sporty yet sexy as hell. very very fast, just sleek and elegant.

would give up my testicles for one, kinda srs

Had no idea you likes the 911 like that also. Chally and 911 it is brah.

yup man, im not big into supercars since ill probably (most likely) never afford one.

but the 911 is just beautiful all around. only thing i dont like is how all porsches look the same so people confuse the 911 for some lower model or something :lol:

I see what you're saying. But Superior Robust Engineering? Naw, Nissan got some of the best engineers in the world period.

If they wanted to create a $200k supercar they would, but that's not what they were aiming for. When they began development, the goal was to create a car that performs well at a fraction of the cost.

It's all about the development process and what the end goal of the company is. Nissan is more than capable of this.

:lol: They put the GT-R brains into a crossover SUV, they can do ANYTHING. The Nismo GT-R is a beast as well. You can't go wrong with Porsche or Nissan.

Lettuce be cereal, this is nothing new. 90's Skylines used to give Porsche owners nightmares.

laugh.gif
They put the GT-R brains into a crossover SUV, they can do ANYTHING. The Nismo GT-R is a beast as well. You can't go wrong with Porsche or Nissan.

Lettuce be cereal, this is nothing new. 90's Skylines used to give Porsche owners nightmares.
Exactly my man.

It's all about what a company wants to do. Development for a new car, especially a high performance, takes nearly a decade. And projected price point and class is probably the first thing you decide.

If they made the decision to make the GTR $200k in the 2000s when they were developing it, they would have. And the car would have been more of a beast than it already is.

With that said, I love both.

yup man, im not big into supercars since ill probably (most likely) never afford one.

but the 911 is just beautiful all around. only thing i dont like is how all porsches look the same so people confuse the 911 for some lower model or something :lol:

that does not bother me.............but i understand

the newer ones are beautiful

Yup, the rumored Cayman gt4 is gonna be a game changer, already the Cayman GTS is getting excellent reviews.

Back
Top Bottom