Why is Popeyes so slow

so one more time just to be clear since the hype is ridiculous at this point...
-is there an actual spicy chicken patty or not? is it just the sauce that makes it spicy?
-is the chicken patty supposed to taste the exact same as a wing or thigh or whatever or is it supposed to have its own unique taste?

i'm going to give it another shot but don't want to go out of my way for it unless there's an actual difference in patties. it seemed like if I ask for sauce on the side the spicy wouldn't have been spicy at all and just regular.

and the chicken patty by itself wasn't as good as the chicken they normally serve.

(i'm just trying to get the same exp that the ones hyping the sandwich had lol)

*edit*
nevermind. its just the sauce.

difference is mayo or mild mayo. chicken isn't seasoned in spices.

The dumbest thing Popeyes could have done was make the damn SAUCE the only distinction .

Also, do they better it in house vs simoly dump a preMade patty into the grease ?

Bros!! Told y'all I wasn't playing. To prepare for this onslaught, I worked up an appetite. Ran around the track for a 0.5 mile. Weight training for an hour, and an hour of basketball
20190819_134234.jpg

20190819_134335.jpg

That first bite had me like

full

I ate the regular one first. It had a sweetness to it that I really liked. I can see myself eating it unlike cfa's regular sandwich

That spicy tho.
rejoice.png

The spicy mayo was a great addition but yeah the chicken itself wasnt very spicy at all. CFA got em in the spice department.

I hate to say it but Popeyes may got CFA beat. The brioche, tender chicken, the crunch, and the meat falling out the byke, word to @willypete . The pickles didn't add much to the sandwich but I took em off and they were good. All of that and for the price, these joints were worth it

Last edited:
Bros!! Told y'all I wasn't playing. To prepare for this onslaught, I worked up an appetite. Ran around the track for a 0.5 mile. Weight training for an hour, and an hour of basketball

20190819_134234.jpg
20190819_134335.jpg

That first bite had me like

full

I ate the regular one first. It had a sweetness to it that I really liked. I can see myself eating it unlike cfa's regular sandwich

View attachment 2403057

That spicy tho.
rejoice.png

The spicy mayo was a great addition but yeah the chicken itself joint wasnt very spicy at all. CFA got em in the spice department.

I hate to say it but Popeyes may got CFA beat. The brioche, tender chicken, and the meat falling out the byke, word to @willypete . The pickles didn't add much to the sandwich but I took em off and they were good. All of that and for the price, these joints were worth it
RIP

One was enough for me

Went back today.. I swear I was dreaming of it last night lol..
C1917CFE-C5CC-4B68-B566-94916D0171CA.jpeg

Brought a second one home for the reheat test. Just as good I was shocked...
B36587D2-939B-4DAB-816F-22C24A881FAC.jpeg

They were less saucy today tho so not as good. That’s where Chick-fil-A kills everyone. Consistency. Can Popeyes franchises keep this going good past a month? That I don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom