Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

dont see the big deal. i made an account there in 07

marketplace is cool but nt has the better community

Long time member here. Let bygones be bygones. Glad to know different folks are running ISS. Too bad the hypebeasts have infiltrated NT though.

Long time member here. Let bygones be bygones. Glad to know different folks are running ISS. Too bad the hypebeasts have infiltrated NT though.

Appreciate that, thanks. Also, when NT switched over to Huddler, our post history was not carried over, so it looks like we only have around 5 posts or so.

Appreciate that, thanks. Also, when NT switched over to Huddler, our post history was not carried over, so it looks like we only have around 5 posts or so.

is their a niketalk discount in the works ?

i used to order off iss back in 2002 and 2003 before things went sour

Wrestling is fake

29yluc.jpg

With Meth being in here... them damn hover ads or annoying as hell.

It says to hover over them for at least 3 seconds for them to automatically start playing. But sometimes, it takes less than that.

I hate them. >:

i've never seen an ad on NT... adblocker!

Pardon if I missed this but why is ISS selling SC mags and displaying an "SC Forums" link that jumps over to SC.com?

Last edited:

It says to hover over them for at least 3 seconds for them to automatically start playing. But sometimes, it takes less than that.

I hate them.
mad.gif
That's the website equivalent of piracy.  You consume our bandwidth and cost us money, and you don't even allow us to cover those costs by loading ads.  

It takes a LOT of time and money to bring you NikeTalk.  I don't think we're asking for a lot in return. 

That fact that y'all hate another website blog is hilarious. Do y'all not have anything going on in real life? I mean really?
Lol word. Especially since pretty much none of y'all outside of Meth were personally affected by whatever happened . . . and a lot of y'all came years after it did happen . . .

Anyways . . . I was pretty confused when I opened this and didn't see Soul Collector . . . this **** is like wrestling, different factions and names and ****
laugh.gif
. . . I'm out bruh

Ruh roh.

Selling out I see.
In what way?  

Don't just throw that out blindly, like it isn't hurtful or doesn't require justification.  

The site has ads.  It's had ads for years, ever since it became clear that the community chest couldn't foot the bill and the extra could be used to support charity.  If asked, people would prefer RELEVANT ads to irrelevant ads.  

Network ads can only be so precisely targeted.  Much of it is based on your own browsing history and it's not perfect.  Direct sales generates more money, to help keep the site online and finance our donations, and they also result in more relevant advertising.  Plus, it allows us to offer contests, giveaways, and discounts for NikeTalk members.  

Beyond that, all the ad blockers people are using to effectively steal content has necessitated more endemic advertising opportunities.  If 30% of our users are going to try and block the ads, we need to look for ways to cover our costs that CAN'T be blocked.  And that's where the site sponsors come in.   It's an MJ turnaround.  You can't block it.  (That's the same reason why more and more of your favorite TV characters are indulging in gratuitous product placements.)

For years, NikeTalk members have been begging us to upgrade the site.  You wanted reliable hosting.  You wanted a mobile site.  You wanted faster performance and richer features.  We worked incredibly hard alongside the Huddler team to make all of that happen, but it isn't cheap.  If you want better software, better hardware, better support, and bigger donations... accept that we have to find a way to pay for it all, and conventional ad revenues are falling.  

We're doing the best we can to make everyone happy.  

Before you start calling us "sell outs," try and think about all the things we're NOT doing.  We're not sitting here trying to dress up corporate press releases as editorial like the "news" blogs.  We're not forcing you to click through a million pages to view the top 1,000 numbers from 1 to 1,000.  Our staff members aren't shilling for anyone.  All sponsored content is CLEARLY labeled.   Anyone so inclined could commercialize the hell out of this place.  Instead, we've done our very best to maintain our integrity and independence all while improving the quality of the experience in challenging economic circumstances.  

What exactly do you gain by calling me out on where I started meth?...does that somehow validate your claim more?....what percentage of the active users today were actually present back then and then think what percentage of those members actually care more than the vast majority that feed on this level of superiority against another sneaker forum?....

U called him out first bruh

And he's damn right, if you weren't here when the whole fiasco started, you wouldn't understand why some members are reacting the way they are.

It may be childish to you but for some of us here, we take in great pride of being a NT'er and what we stand for.

I remember Steve banning NT'ers accounts on ISS when they publicly stated that they only used ISS for their market place.....smh

Personally it makes me feel a bit uneasy, but I understand why this decision is made.

Still, I never thought I'd see the day tho

Can I be promoted to Admin now?

**** no.

Middle management for life.

:lol: I've seen many users become mods, mods become admins. Yet Crux is still in the struggle :smh: .
Well you did get demoted I think once?
35104670.jpg

I hate them. >:

That's the website equivalent of piracy.  You consume our bandwidth and cost us money, and you don't even allow us to cover those costs by loading ads.  

It takes a LOT of time and money to bring you NikeTalk.  I don't think we're asking for a lot in return. 
Soooooo..you're saying to remove the adblockers on our pcs while surfing NT and risk getting a virus?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom