Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

Some people need to stop complaining most of you weren't even around back during the ISS fall out

Niketalk isn't going to fold over this, stop playing follow the leader

Some people need to stop complaining most of you weren't even around back during the ISS fall out

Nah b, everybody's been lurking since 01.

:lol:

Nah b, everybody's been lurking since 01.

laugh.gif
lurking since 99 . 
grin.gif

I remember getting banned from ISS using my old screen name Tony Shoeprano to expose their "Blue Sole" auction site, which eventually lead to the juggernaut battle of Meth versus Steve. :lol:

I don't mind ISS partnering, but it will be a very long battle for them to rebuild their image. As long as they focus on content, and not 12 year old moderators "interning" for free, I wish them well.

I don't mind ISS partnering, but it will be a very long battle for them to rebuild their image. As long as they focus on content, and not 12 year old moderators "interning" for free, I wish them well.
I think this is the primary misconception here:  the current ISS isn't focused on content.  They're operating a store. 

The "content" business - and the NT knockoff site - are all associated with "Soul Collector."   The two entities have been separate since 2010.
Meth: so wait Eastbay no longer sponsors? no longer listed on the sponsors tab. What was the reason; they had great interactivity within the community.
You'd have to ask them. 

The current list of sponsors may be found here:  http://niketalk.com/sponsors

These are the businesses currently interested in giving back and supporting our community through direct sponsorship.  Hopefully we'll continue to add more and there's no reason why some of the larger businesses can't join (or re-join) at some point.  
I actually planned to start NT back in 98 but I felt bad the Cam was down on his luck with his Saturn so I let him do it
Nelson C ≠ Cameron Nelson.  Both are into cars.  Only one's into cars with a worse metal:tongue:lastic ratio than Matchbox.

^ ahh they aren't the same? I just remember the countless Saturn build laughs back in the day

Speaking of Cam Nelson....

I haven't seen my dude post in General in ages.

The epic 1000 pic donk threads that were almost certain to kill your computer...

The Impala on cinder blocks...

The Saturn/Skyline/DeLorean of legend....

Good times.

It'll be interesting to see if the people whining about the ads will be willing to pay for an ad-free site. I'm guessing most won't and the ads are just something to ***** about. I hope I'm wrong.

Subliminals at eastbay? :nthat:

Now this is getting good.

Honestly, not even mad about this. Only thing I am not with is the god awful layout of ISS. If you're going to charge those prices, you might as well pay someone to redo that horrible site. Banners remind me of the myspace era, and I think that's being nice.

Last edited:
Eastbay sucks it took them like 8 days to ship a pair of sweat pants

I could have bought yarn and made my own pair by the time I got them

It'll be interesting to see if the people whining about the ads will be willing to pay for an ad-free site. I'm guessing most won't and the ads are just something to ***** about. I hope I'm wrong.

I use an AdBlocker and I love NT, been here since 2001 but honestly I would never pay to use this forum.

10 years ago NT used to provide information/content that other websites didn't, but now theres many places to go for the same info. I stay here for the General section anyways and really I could go to another forum with basically the same exact stuff if I wanted to but I choose to stay here because its familiar to me and NT is what I'm used to. Anyways, I wish NT nothing but the best as always.

Last edited:
I use an AdBlocker and I love NT, been here since 2001 but honestly I would never pay to use this forum.

10 years ago NT used to provide information/content that other websites didn't, but now theres many places to go for the same info. I stay here for the General section anyways and really I could go to another forum with basically the same exact stuff if I wanted to but I choose to stay here because its familiar to me and NT is what I'm used to. Anyways, I wish NT nothing but the best as always.

If you know ads support the very site you've been coming to for over a decade, why not filter niketalk so they can generate revenue whenever you come here? Judging by your signature, you're proud to have been here so long. Is it that much of an inconvenience?

Subliminals at eastbay? 
nthat.gif
No.  We're not  going that route and I don't want anyone else going down that route, either.

Obviously we have a sponsor list and anyone with a functional memory can see that some businesses listed as sponsors this summer are no longer represented.  There's no sense denying the obvious or pretending it didn't happen.  Some of those "missing" businesses were very large.  In terms of their budget, and the amount of money NikeTalk users have made for these companies, what we were requesting is pretty insignificant.  So, I think you should look at it this way:  the businesses currently on this list think that you're worth it.  They want to support the community and think that interacting with you is worth their time and money.  

If someone thinks differently, that's their right.  Maybe they would prefer to handle their CS on Twitter or Facebook.  Maybe they think that by using our forums to post release info they were doing you a favor and should be able to do so for free.  That's fine.  Reasonable people can disagree and there's no reason why ANY former sponsor can't rejoin the fold down the line.  There's no point in burning bridges there.  

I'd rather focus on the positive, and it IS worth acknowledging that a sponsorship represents a proportionally larger investment for a small, independent company.  

For them to think that highly about our community is a positive, and that support helps us stay online and donate to charity.  

That's all that needs to be said.

NT's not going "subscription only."  We intend to keep the site free, as always, but you have to understand that the PRICE of the free site is still advertising, just like any other content-based website.  

We CAN'T offer the site for free if users don't support the ads.  That's just common sense.  

For users who have some problem with the ads, we'll provide a subscription-based alternative. 

Theft is not an option.  

Movies cost money to make.  If you want to watch a movie, you can pay to see it in the theater/on demand or you can watch it for free on TV, but the network will run ads.  Choose whichever option you want, a or b, but you don't have the right to make up option c: download off of a torrent and steal the whole thing.  That's not cool.  (And yes, I'm aware that you can fast forward commercials on a DVR - but those ads are paid whether they're viewed or not.  Ours aren't.  If the ad doesn't load, we don't get paid.  If the PAGE is loaded, that represents an expense.)

Again, I don't think we're asking for a hell of a lot here.  It costs a LOT of money to maintain NikeTalk.  In the old days, we all chipped in by paying for hosting ourselves.  Now, the only thing you have to do is let some ads load on each page.  

Why hurt a site you like?  

To everyone who DOES support NikeTalk:  thank you!  We couldn't do it without you.  We owe the mobile site to you.  We owe our stable hosting to you.  We owe our modern feature set to you.  We owe our $250,000+ in donations to you.  We owe those schools and libraries to you.  All that's possible because you guys have chosen to support the community rather than leech off of it.  

Not mad about this since it seems as ISS =/= Sole Collector. I don't buy kicks as much as I used to so idk if I'd ever look at it.

Reminds me with how nicekicks used to be a site that sold fakes but then turned into a sneaker news site.

Can someone give me cliffs of what has happened. I've been at work and much too tired to.go through this thread.

Can someone give me cliffs of what has happened. I've been at work and much too tired to.go through this thread.

People are upset because "we" are fraternizing with the enemy.

Even though ISS has no ties to SC.

I got the same virus on NT twice, never again without no script or ad block.

And I know everyone knows which one because there was a huge thread about it and it was running rampant on this site from the ads.

It was one clever virus too, didn't even install anything, hardest **** to remove. wouldn't let me run malwarebytes, or anything to remove it. it was like going to war.

Like meth said as far as television goes. If he wants to have sponsored posts, or creative ways to advertise fine. I no longer trust randomized paid for content from google or wherever the ads come from. I follow the FGC and because of ad block they run ads directly through their live streams as part of the program rather than an easier to measure cpm. Sure its more difficult but it's a fact viruses comes from ads.

many of them from marketers or random people stealing user information and selling the data to marketers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom