Why is Niketalk Partnering with ISS?

I know how you feel, but this isn't Magic Johnson in a Celtics jersey.  Again, look at the facts:  The current ISS doesn't run a competing forum site.  They have nothing but respect for NikeTalk.  Their owner is a longstanding member of NikeTalk.  

They're running a reputable business and all we're doing is recognizing that and treating them as such.  
It is weird they still "advertise" sole collector forums on their homepage.

The way I see it, Meth had a personal issue with Steve, it was really between them two, but both parties went about it in a very public way and somewat immature, yet entertaining way...then came the sheep mentality, which fed the fire...people poked sides and went out their way to make themselves feel superior without much of a reason to be honest....you can have different interests an not enjoy the other site or even have the need to browse, but to say you HATE it just because its a bit stupid, admit it or not majority of you who feel such strong feelings towards that forum are just the biggest sheep of them all....time to get over it my bros.
I understand why your position is what it is.  You started out on their forums, not ours, and you want people to stop giving you grief over it and make it seem like everyone who's "chosen a side" is somehow beneath you.  I get it and I don't really care.  

The bottom line, however, is that you were not HERE when this stuff was going on and, as such, I don't expect you to have the same background on this as a user who'd been here since 2000.  I have no interest in rehashing that.  Much of it's laid out in the archived threads.  Suffice it to say, I don't know Steve.  I don't have a "personal" issue with him.  I didn't appreciate the way he attempted to treat our community years ago and I disagreed with some of his ethical choices in operating the ISS consignment section, its spin-offs, and its publication.  I was hardly the only person who felt that way at the time.

None of that has anything to do with the current iteration of ISS.  

I don't think trivializing our previous concerns is helpful (or accurate), but in this context it's a moot issue.  ISS is a separate entity and has been since 2010.  
ISS was sold to Uptempoair a couple years ago I believe, then SC was sold to Complex and couple months ago.

ISS*forums hasn't existed for a long time. It's Sole Collector Forums now.
Exactly.  And it's my understanding that the current owner was working with Uptempoair.  
I'm just curious who the NT member is who is running ISS and why he didn't come to NT himself and disclose what is going on.

It would have been nice if he changed ISS's name after taking it away from Steve...
Ivehadmall is the owner of ISS according to this post http://niketalk.com/t/538916/welcome-instyleshoes-to-niketalk#post_18035074
Thanks! Still wondering why he didn't make the announcement himself. Oh well...
That's policy.  We have Huddler staff make all the sponsorship announcements.  

NikeTalk staff members are known personalities and we don't want to come across as though we're PERSONALLY endorsing any product or service.  If you run ads on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow isn't going to run out and star in your commercial or announce the addition of a sponsor as news.  

It does, however, take access to feature something on the front page, and that's not a power we extend to sponsors.  So, Huddler staff make the sponsor announcements and handle the implementation of contests and promotions.  It's all VERY clearly labeled - unlike on other sites - so you know who's speaking and for what purpose.  You know what's legitimate editorial and what's sponsored content.  Ads are a necessity for sites like ours, but our staff members aren't for sale or lease.

I'm sort of obligated to comment on this particular sponsorship due to the history, but normally we'd prefer to stay out of it and make sure our focus remains on managing the community itself.  That is and always will be our primary concern, and that's part of the benefit of working with Huddler.  They give us the freedom to concentrate on what we do best and what we care about the most.  

I wonder if my ISS Screen name still works, I was swagging back in 2002 or what ever with the Tommy Wright III avy

I understand why your position is what it is.  You started out on their forums, not ours, and you want people to stop giving you grief over it and make it seem like everyone who's "chosen a side" is somehow beneath you.  I get it and I don't really care.  

The bottom line, however, is that you were not HERE when this stuff was going on and, as such, I don't expect you to have the same background on this as a user who'd been here since 2000.  I have no interest in rehashing that.  Much of it's laid out in the archived threads.  Suffice it to say, I don't know Steve.  I don't have a "personal" issue with him.  I didn't appreciate the way he attempted to treat our community years ago and I disagreed with some of his ethical choices in operating the ISS consignment section, its spin-offs, and its publication.  I was hardly the only person who felt that way at the time.
Can you just permaban this attention seeking garden tool, Meth?

Everyone here from 2000-01 knows how and why things became a NT vs them thing.

Stealing members, using money to fund their projects, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, I dont think you'd do anything without a proper term paperesque thought process in your head. Dont care for the prices but ehh, NT is and will always be my therapy.

Never new it was beef between the two sites...I came to NT after the demise of uptowns.net ...RIP Reggie

What exactly do you gain by calling me out on where I started meth?...does that somehow validate your claim more?....what percentage of the active users today were actually present back then and then think what percentage of those members actually care more than the vast majority that feed on this level of superiority against another sneaker forum?....

Can you just permaban this attention seeking garden tool, Meth?

Everyone here from 2000-01 knows how and why things became a NT vs them thing.

Stealing members, using money to fund their projects, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, I dont think you'd do anything without a proper term paperesque thought process in your head. Dont care for the prices but ehh, NT is and will always be my therapy.

Meth do me a favor and Ban or warn this guy for attacking me ad calling me names, I'm very offended.

speaking of sneakertalk...why are people still posting on that site? are those the ones who got left behind and didn't hear about the new webpage? :lol:

Of course they want to partner up with NT,t he biggest online sneaker communuity in the world. Theyre just in it cause it benefits them no other reason.

Of course they want to partner up with NT,t he biggest online sneaker communuity in the world. Theyre just in it cause it benefits them no other reason.

Wrong. We were invited to be here. No need for assumptions.

Wrong. We were invited to be here. No need for assumptions.
laugh.gif
 Welcome to NT

It's a "welcome" and it isn't. Again, we've been here since 2001. Nothing anyone assumes and posts about will be surprising. We are here to address assumptions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom