why is it such a sin to say anyone will be better than Michael Jordan?

It's extremely exaggerated.

And I don't care how strong Westbrook is because isiah would still school that little hipster. Fundamentals and basketball IQ>strength

If you give bill Lambier the best trainers in the world and current medicine he would be ripped and still just as bad a man

That video says MJ would be a back up. lol. Oh the internet

Last edited:

And I don't care how strong Westbrook is because isiah would still school that little hipster. Fundamentals and basketball IQ>strength

If you give bill Lambier the best trainers in the world and current medicine he would be ripped and still just as bad a man

:smh: please dont bring personal hate into this just cuz the clothes brah.

but my bad... just cuz i said there was no one athletically on westbrook's level at the PG, means nobody is better than westbrook at the PG...

lemme try... but for present players.

AI would hull out joe dumars...

damb... that was easy... i see why yall reach for stuff. :lol: :lol:

:smh: please dont bring personal hate into this just cuz the clothes brah.

but my bad... just cuz i said there was no one athletically on westbrook's level at the PG, means nobody is better than westbrook at the PG...

lemme try... but for present players.

AI would hull out joe dumars...

damb... that was easy... i see why yall reach for stuff. :lol: :lol:

pick someone other than Joe Dumars bro, he was a defensive beast. GP would hold AI too. And there were Westbrook like players back then, they just mostly played SG....

But if guys like Clyde, Dr Jay, MJ, Pippin, Rodman, Dumars, Shawn Kemp, Larry Johnson, Nique, Daryl Dawkins, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Shaq, Penny, Charles Barkley, David Robinson, David Thompson, Wilt, Magic, Worthy, Connie Hawkins, Jr Rider, ect werent "super athletic" to you, then I'm not sure what to tell you

just google "best athletes in NBA history", you might be surprised. I think the Bleacher Report did an article on the most gifted athletes in NBA history...some interesting stuff

Last edited:
I'm not watching that based on the title alone :x
He brings up a lot of great points I understand that Jordan **** riders will have a hard time hearing the truth.

I had to stop watching half-way through. This dude is an absolute joke! He's more louder and obnoxious than Craig Sager's game day suits. He was making no valid points in reference to the argument. Lebron is a good talented player, there's no doubt about that, but the fact that he had to join two other superstars to win a ring will always paint a bad picture in mind. I never liked the assumption that an All Star from one era would not have had the same success if they played in a different era. We can speculate all day, but we will never know. In the end, this dude just made a video to hear himself ramble on.

Just go ahead and buy The Book of Basketball - Bill Simmons and read it. Everything you need to know about everyone is in there.

The amount of info that he uses to back up every single player and his ranking of them is amazing, and swayed me on a few players too.

LBJ in my mind is Magic 2.0. But with less charisma

Just go ahead and buy The Book of Basketball - Bill Simmons and read it. Everything you need to know about everyone is in there.

The amount of info that he uses to back up every single player and his ranking of them is amazing, and swayed me on a few players too.

LBJ in my mind is Magic 2.0. But with less charisma

Book is 3 years old no longer valid.

Dramatic changes in legacy have taken place since then. see Dirk Werner Nowitzki.

Last edited:
You're just wrong on so many levels :smh:

If that is all you know about Scottie, then there is no point having this conversation with you. Scottie Pippen is probably the most underrated player of all time.

Don't let someone with a different opinion discourage conversation... If you want to refute what I say bring facts.

I grew up watching the Bulls and saw Scottie Pippen play. He was a great player deserving every accolade he got. One of the best SF's to ever play the game. Could guard 4 positions, had decent range, could hit the three, and a great one on one defender.

I'm not demeaning Pippen, but Wade is the better overall player. Wade does more for his team. Unlike Scottie Pippen who developed and flourished under MJ and Phil Jackson, Wade had an immediate impact on his team and became one of the faces of the league immediately following his first season.

Pippen never led the Bulls, Rockets, or Trailblazer to anything. Wade carried the Miami Heat to their first Championship after his THIRD season. After only 10 seasons in the league Wade has had a more individual success than Scottie Pippen.

Is Wade not a better scorer and offensive player than Scottie Pippen? Is Wade not a good defender and one of the best shot blocking guards ever? Did Wade not lead his team to a Championship?

Scottie Pippen was not so great his first couple of seasons with the Bulls. Did he not benefit and learn from Michael Jordan? Defensive versatility aside, what does Scottie Pippen do better than Dwyane Wade?

6 finals appearances, 6 championships, 6 finals MVP awards. He's perfect in a sport where championships mean almost everything. Not to mention he was the best player in the world at a time when the league was littered with HOFers. You can't beat perfection.

I had to stop watching half-way through. This dude is an absolute joke! He's more louder and obnoxious than Craig Sager's game day suits. He was making no valid points in reference to the argument. Lebron is a good talented player, there's no doubt about that, but the fact that he had to join two other superstars to win a ring will always paint a bad picture in mind. I never liked the assumption that an All Star from one era would not have had the same success if they played in a different era. We can speculate all day, but we will never know. In the end, this dude just made a video to hear himself ramble on.
You don't have to speculate remember when Kobe schooled Jordan?

I just watched Mike's 33 point first half against Phoenix in the 93 Finals...Dude really was prime DWade+ prime Kobe IN ONE.

While there is a possibility Bron could better, which I wouldn't mind seeing, the impact/influence that Mike had just makes it harder for those here, or to come, to ever be considered better.

I just watched Mike's 33 point first half against Phoenix in the 93 Finals...Dude really was prime DWade+ prime Kobe IN ONE.

While there is a possibility Bron could better, which I wouldn't mind seeing, the impact/influence that Mike had just makes it harder for those here, or to come, to ever be considered better.

He hit the nail on the head.

Lebron can potentially be better than Jordan, but it's quite the feat to accomplish. Winning trumps all and until he had 7 rings an dominates the way Jordan did, Lebron wont be considered the greatest.

We had this conversation about Kobe being the greatest ever and it looks like he'll come a bit short, which isn't a failure (maybe to Kobe it is).

I'm all for seeing how Lebron's career pans out and will enjoy the ride till then. Dude is an amazing talent. Scary what he can do. If this is truly Lebrons prime, then I hope he develops some sort of perimeter game before he gets slower. We know how strong and powerful he is, but age will catch up to him and he will have to go to a more skill-based game. MJ did it, Kobe is doing it now and Lebron needs to do it if he want's to last.

Lebron is not better than Jordan and he is in his prime. Lebron is 28. This is how old Kobe was in 2006-2007. Kobe's athleticism started regressing after that season.

It is safe to say that Lebron will not get much better than he is right now. He is at his peak and it is not good enough to best MJ's peak.

When you consider that Wade is also regressing and Lebron's role player are old as hell, it is also unlikely that he will match MJ in terms of rings.

He hit the nail on the head.

Lebron can potentially be better than Jordan, but it's quite the feat to accomplish. Winning trumps all and until he had 7 rings an dominates the way Jordan did, Lebron wont be considered the greatest.

We had this conversation about Kobe being the greatest ever and it looks like he'll come a bit short, which isn't a failure (maybe to Kobe it is).

I'm all for seeing how Lebron's career pans out and will enjoy the ride till then. Dude is an amazing talent. Scary what he can do. If this is truly Lebrons prime, then I hope he develops some sort of perimeter game before he gets slower. We know how strong and powerful he is, but age will catch up to him and he will have to go to a more skill-based game. MJ did it, Kobe is doing it now and Lebron needs to do it if he want's to last.
I think he's already starting to develop it..

Famb is shooting 42% from three. That's pretty good...

if old *** kobe can play good defense on a prime lebron i am sure prime jordan can too
Sigh, he had two standout defensive plays. One in which he came from behind to make a play on the ball. Let Kobe play LeBron for an extended period of time in a real game and he will get cooked like the rest of the world does.

old kobe makes the best player in the world look like a little girl for the second all star game in a row and this is the guy u all want to compare to jordan.  
Nobody is locking down all world players. Stop. I love Pippen but he isn't locking Wade down man.
pippen isnt locking down wade because he would be guarding lebron, jordan would be on wade.  u guys need to start thinking in actual basketball terms as opposed to what would make the best espn storyline matchup

Why is it such a sin?

Because it's tired. From Harper to Minor to Penny to Iverson to Cheaney to Kobe to LeBron, every single time someone between the heights of 6'0" and 6'10" scores more than 30 points, we have to open a debate on how they could be better than Jordan.

Because of the underlying reasons people have for this debate. I get the impression that people are jealous. Like somehow your enjoyment of the game of basketball in this era is tainted because the "best ever" is not participating. So to make the games feel more significant, Kobe and Lebron now need to be better than Jordan so that there is more gravity to everything they do.

Because it's not the case. When someone come along who is better than Jordan, we will know it. That person won't be "the next Michael Jordan." He won't be constantly compared to and evaluated against Jordan for his entire career.

That said.... It's a fun debate to have. Go crazy with it. And I have a lot of respect for Kobe. I used to hate him but he's proven he has something special. I'm still not convinced on Lebron. He is amazing physically, and he has done a good job of developing his skills. But he doesn't amaze me, and he often disappoints me. That doesn't cut it.

pippen isnt locking down wade because he would be guarding lebron, jordan would be on wade.  u guys need to start thinking in actual basketball terms as opposed to what would make the best espn storyline matchup
:lol: Man why are you CORRECTING a hypothetical situation

And you act like there won't be moments in which Pippen would be switched up on Wade.

But remember, it is make believe

Last edited:
You guys ever heard of Magic Johnson? Did farely well in the NBA, you know, couple good seasons.

He would like to chime in on this conversation about Pippen not guarding Wade because they don't play the same position. And he thinks it's cute that you guys think Pippen ain't locking up an all world player.

Yes, a smart coach would keep Pippen on either Bron or Wade, and yes, it would absolutely have a very negative effect on whoever he's guarding (see: Finals, 1991)

lebron is a huge magic without the charisma. I think being the first true Internet athlete is a huge part of his legacy. We need to see if he bounces around to a few more teams too

Because it's not the case. When someone come along who is better than Jordan, we will know it. That person won't be "the next Michael Jordan." He won't be constantly compared to and evaluated against Jordan for his entire career..
Uhm, if it happens within the next 20 years why wouldn't the ultimate hype machine (media) constantly compare that person to Jordan? You are trippin if you think that wouldn't happen.

You guys ever heard of Magic Johnson? Did farely well in the NBA, you know, couple good seasons.

He would like to chime in on this conversation about Pippen not guarding Wade because they don't play the same position. And he thinks it's cute that you guys think Pippen ain't locking up an all world player.

Yes, a smart coach would keep Pippen on either Bron or Wade, and yes, it would absolutely have a very negative effect on whoever he's guarding (see: Finals, 1991)
Well comparing Magic and Wade from an offensive standpoint. Wade is more of an attacker. More of an athlete. And if you recall, the MAIN reason why Pippen was put on Magic wasn't to stop him from scoring but to cut down Magic's passing vision which we know is his biggest strength. Two different situations man.

Back
Top Bottom