Why does everyone wanna be "rich"?

Wise once again providing truth here.
I say this all the time. Ego is what drives/controls people. I honestly don't ever want to be rich...i just want to be comfortable. I want to have a budget...i want to look at a Maserati and say wow nice car...but i don't ever want to own it....it's a complete waste. I want to look at a 60 inch tv and say...nah im good with my 40inch that's too expensive. Happiness comes from within. The only thing that makes me appreciate what i have is that i have to save up and work and budget for it. If i could go out and buy whatever i wanted i wouldn't care at all about it. Its about the journey not just the destination.

Satisfaction > Wealth

Satisfaction is a slippery slope though, da same way capitalism has a evil side is da same way

You can be content wth living average...how u think certain cats is good living in poverty

As long as that government check comes every month.

Last edited:
Completely agree but man you make it sound so easy :lol:
Just for me personally, I am a financial analyst for NASA. I love my job and i love working with my group. Technically for me (as a government employee) to never be working for someone i would have to be the President because he is my ultimate boss technically speaking. I have a government pay schedule so I basically know how much I will make each year. I can see my pay future and i know i will never be wealthy as long as i am here. But I really like what i do and don't plan on leaving. I have come to realize my happiness isn't derived from money. It is derived from every day coming to work and enjoying it, having a flexible schedule to take off and still have a social life.
I think people just focus too much on what the other man has in this country and doesn't stop and look at how fortunate they really are.

GS-Schedules unite! You right bro, definitely not getting rich no time soon....But my quality of life?!?! Second to NONE!

You gotta factor in the fact that there isnt ever enough money in the overall global financial system because of incurred interest. Thus, its always gonna be money owed > money in existence (M + I > M). So you got the people taking out loans (the have-nots) from the bankers (the haves) forever playing catch up. Its almost as if some brilliant misanthropic mind purposely integrated this mechanism to ensure that people dont get too comfortable. 8) So this naturally creates a demand for money up to a point where everyone is chasing it.

Last edited:
I go to an Ivy League school bruh, I see/interact with wealthy people every day. If I wanted to name drop I could tell you people I go to school with who you could look up on google right now. And honestly, I can't think of any single one of those people who I would describe as "happy".. I actually feel sorry for them, they cannot even act normal because they were taught to behave a certain way to uphold an image.
I also know several quite wealthy businessmen, one is a relative of a friend who I would call *extremely* wealthy (in the 9+ figures). And another relative on my dad's side, who I don't know his exact worth but is at least a millionaire. Neither are happy and their personal lives/marriages are in shambles. The guy who's my uncle was suicidal for a while actually.
Furthermore, there have been literally hundreds, if not thousands, of studies PROVING that there is not a strong correlation between increased money and happiness. It's generally accepted that earnings of $50,000-$75,000 usually correlate with increased happiness, but beyond that range there is little correlation:
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/mind-s...important-to-happiness-than-wealth/48816940/1
http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/07/19/does-more-money-really-bring-happiness/
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/o...be-happy.html?pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120620133310.htm
http://moneyland.time.com/2011/06/15/yet-another-study-showing-wealth-doesnt-equate-to-happiness/
If you think money will bring you happiness, you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not saying if someone offered me $10 mil right now I would turn it down, but I know that I would be fine without it. Even if I never become a millionaire I know I am going to live a fulfilling life, and just having that mentality takes the pressure off of myself and allows me to enjoy each moment as it is.
for starters, you're making it seem like the people you go to school with created their own paper.. if they're in college, then obviously theyre not the first generation money.

second, you're calling out the rich people you know like there are more unhappy rich people than there are happy rich people....

eff outta here w/ that... you cant quantify happiness with a test. $50-75K? bruh, take everyone of those people and ask them if they wanted a %200 bump in salary, would there relative "happiness" stay the same or increase?

its gonna increase, bro... i hate when people make it seem like rich people are soooo unhappy.... if they are, then why arent they giving paper away? why dont they lower themselves back down to regular people standards, struggling with bills and dealing with unexpected expenses that makes them eat noodles for a week till payday.

i think studies like those are created to make regular people like myself and others feel better about themselves... feel comfortable... not want to attain more...

it takes a strong person to have money... its easy being broke...

on another note, i believe everything you say about going to the ivy leage school and whatnot... but some of yall making it seem like being an average joe making 60K a year >>> millies when its not...

Last edited:
I just want enough money that i can live comfortably with no worries. Dont have to be rich or wealthy to do that, just make enough money and be smart with it.

Money def. doesnt buy happiness though, It can make life easier, but if things aint right on a individual level, money aint gonna fix that.

You want that money, as money is power. The problem is not wanting the money, it is how you go about getting it. In this country, with the right methods, anyone can get it. All you have to do is to follow and watch trends, then jumping in when the right situation arises. Luck favors the prepared, and if you are ready at the right time, you can't help but be successful. All of this nonsense about not wanting wealth is simply fear of failure. It's also the reason why so many play the lottery, as betting on numbers really takes no effort, as a dollar at the machine really isn't extending yourself, putting yourself out there.

People are taught to be afraid of money, with sayings like more money, more problems, are actually nothing but ********. 

Get paid.

Money buys you more freedom. The more free you are, the more likely you are to be happy. It only makes sense. I highly doubt a large percentage of the 1% is unfulfilled.

Principle of Reasoning 101. People want nice things. Rich people can buy nice things. So people want to be rich.

We as humans cannot control external events, we can only control our internal reactions to events and how we choose to perceive them. So assuming someone wanted to develop an optimal plan for living life, it would not make sense to base their happiness and sense of well-being on external factors out of their control (how much money they have, what social class they are in, etc). Instead, it would make sense to base one's happiness on something that will always be there, which is your internal sense of self. The people in power don't want that, of course.. they'd rather have you think that you need to have money to ever feel fulfilled in life, because that keeps the 99% fighting against each other to get the top while they sit back and get fat.
Bovine Scathology.

I just want enough to live happy. Thats all i ask. I rather die with a good happy life then worrying about money issues and who ima leave my **** to..
Dont get me wrong im not saying everyone thats rich is a ******* rich mad person and always worries about his money ,i just don't wanna spend my life worrying about what to do with all my "millions"
I can live without a ferarri or a house that has 10 room with only 4 people living in it...But thats just me. I wouldnt mind being rich, but i keep it real and just want a happy healthy life. with money to blow lol :smokin

Nobody really wants money in this world what people truly want is to be happy. That’s what makes brad pitt  and MJ and the Buddha same. The problem is people believe that money and happiness are synonymous.  Our culture teaches us we have to have nice things to live a happy life. So the majority of us slave away and chase something that realistically only one percent of us will ever attain. I’m not saying that a person can live without money because there are certain physical needs that must be met.  At the same time though happiness is something that has to be cultivated within a person. Its easier to be a person full of joy with little money (at least enough to provide for yourself and family) than it is to chase riches. 

I just want to be able to pay all my bills in time and still have a little something afterwards. anything more is a blessing

I think people are missing the point that money can easily allow you to do more of what makes you happy. I love photography, but I can't afford to buy the latest camera and/or lenses that comes out. Not while I'm still in college anyway. I have to compromise which of my needs is going to get met, do a **** ton of research, then make a purchase. Most of the time I'm only buying it if its on sale or secondhand. Having more money (not necessarily being a millionaire) would definitely ease my mind with it all.

That logic can apply to most people. No body wants to be rich so that they can just look at all of their money, they want an easier time to do the things that they already love

I want wealth to take care of my family, friends, and people who are in need.
I know this sounds really corny, but I am not even into the fancy jewelry and stuff. I don't judge though, if you are I don't got a problem with you.
It's just not me.

I want wealth to travel, to see things that not many people get to see, to experience more than what we see here in the US, to help take care of my kids and put them through college.

I just want a cozy home, some nice reliable cars that are good on gas, and a nice yard to have a couple pups for the kids and wifey someday.
I would probably live somewhere in San Diego, maybe the La Jolla area. Maybe have a small condo in other places to visit around the world.
Id rather buy small condos in numerous places, than big large wasteful mansions in a couple spots.

All in all, I don't want the fanciest things. I just want a beautiful location, reliable vehicles, safe home and safe area for my family and friends.
That, and a lot of traveling.

Back
Top Bottom