Why does everyone wanna be "rich"?

brb going to Japan to pick up a new pair of sneakers will be back in 2 days.

brb going to LA to watch the Lakers game and stay in a Suite and rent a lambo while im there.

brb going to italy for some lunch. brb in 12 hrs.

brb gonna go buy that new Lexus LFA or that new Aventador or that new Bugatti or that new maserati.

having cribs in different parts of the country.

party and have females all around.

not having to wake up early for work.

not having to stay in school if your already rich.

not having to worry about anything. buy anything you want anytime you want.

you know how nice that is man?

stupid thread.

brb money to blow
brb able to enjoy the finer things
brb can do what ever you want
brb can buy what ever you want
brb dont have to worry about anything in life
brb smash the good looking hos and ditch em

have fun being broke OP where dudes are in debt financially unstable prob living paycheck to paycheck driving a hooptie around and getting no yambs
most of those aren't true/don't necessarily bring you happiness.

a lot of rich people become slaves to the pursuit of money. though it *seems* like they're having a good time and have no worries, the truth is that they're always looking to get more, more, more and can never settle down and enjoy anything.

\

Brb finna walk a red carpet
Brb get better treatment from people
Brb going to kick it on my yacht
Brb finding Nemo. Literally.
Brb partying with other rich people
Brb super sizing it
Brb leaving to a/c on when I leave so when I come back my house is cool
Brb yambs are more cooperative. Damb what everyone says.
Brb copping 128 gb iPhone 5s and Samsung galaxy s4

Last edited:
a lot of rich people become slaves to the pursuit of money. though it *seems* like they're having a good time and have no worries, the truth is that they're always looking to get more, more, more and can never settle down and enjoy anything.
\
how many rich people do you personally know?

And where do you get your information from?

I dont mean to not pursue money to a achieve a comfortable life but i was wondering why ppl wanna be rich as in flossin and stuntinAnd think by doing so itll solve all their problems.

most moneys problems involve money.

bills, expenses and what not.

if you're rich, those money problems are solved if you can manage it correctly.

of course all your personal problems are still possible.

\
how many rich people do you personally know?

And where do you get your information from?
I go to an Ivy League school bruh, I see/interact with wealthy people every day. If I wanted to name drop I could tell you people I go to school with who you could look up on google right now. And honestly, I can't think of any single one of those people who I would describe as "happy".. I actually feel sorry for them, they cannot even act normal because they were taught to behave a certain way to uphold an image.

I also know several quite wealthy businessmen, one is a relative of a friend who I would call *extremely* wealthy (in the 9+ figures). And another relative on my dad's side, who I don't know his exact worth but is at least a millionaire. Neither are happy and their personal lives/marriages are in shambles. The guy who's my uncle was suicidal for a while actually.

Furthermore, there have been literally hundreds, if not thousands, of studies PROVING that there is not a strong correlation between increased money and happiness. It's generally accepted that earnings of $50,000-$75,000 usually correlate with increased happiness, but beyond that range there is little correlation:

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/mind-s...important-to-happiness-than-wealth/48816940/1
http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/07/19/does-more-money-really-bring-happiness/
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/o...be-happy.html?pagewanted=all&_moc.semityn.www
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120620133310.htm
http://moneyland.time.com/2011/06/15/yet-another-study-showing-wealth-doesnt-equate-to-happiness/

If you think money will bring you happiness, you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not saying if someone offered me $10 mil right now I would turn it down, but I know that I would be fine without it. Even if I never become a millionaire I know I am going to live a fulfilling life, and just having that mentality takes the pressure off of myself and allows me to enjoy each moment as it is.

Last edited:
O.p. everyone wants to be rich because we live in a capitalist society and the pursuit of riches is part of the American fabric and DNA. You don't serve your society and the system if you don't have purchasing power and in order to have purchasing power you must have capital. If you have an excess amount of capital you are referred to as rich and with this title like most titles comes responsibility. Your responsibility as a rich American citizen is to eat at 5 star restaurants, buy expensive vehicles and homes and pay luxury taxes and give the government 40% of your millions. The more money you make the more money you help perpetuate the most basic algorithm in the matrix, man most consume. Everyone wants to sit in the tower of Babel in Babylon. That's why everyone wants to be rich. The more money you have the more you can consume. Marketers don't call us consumers for no reason. The genius of it allis that in order for you be conquered you had to be turned against yourself. The willing participant in all this is the ego. Its the ego that craves the attention and adoration. Who doesn't fantasize about driving past the girl that broke their heart in a super car as she looks on from her Hyundai? What girl doesn't want to step into the club with a Hermes purse on her shoulders and a Valentino dress drapped over her body? Playing 2k on a 42 inch plasma isn't good enough, how about on a 20 foot projection screen? Please look at my Fendi rug I brought it in Paris. I go to the same taylor as George Clooney, cool huh? It's all apart of the game. What good are you if you aren't gonna play?

O.p. everyone wants to be rich because we live in a capitalist society and the pursuit of riches is part of the American fabric and DNA. You don't serve your society and the system if you don't have purchasing power and in order to have purchasing power you must have capital. If you have an excess amount of capital you are referred to as rich and with this title like most titles comes responsibility. Your responsibility as a rich American citizen is to eat at 5 star restaurants, buy expensive vehicles and homes and pay luxury taxes and give the government 40% of your millions. The more money you make the more money you help perpetuate the most basic algorithm in the matrix, man most consume. Everyone wants to sit in the tower of Babel in Babylon. That's why everyone wants to be rich. The more money you have the more you can consume. Marketers don't call us consumers for no reason. The genius of it allis that in order for you be conquered you had to be turned against yourself. The willing participant in all this is the ego. Its the ego that craves the attention and adoration. Who doesn't fantasize about driving past the girl that broke their heart in a super car as she looks on from her Hyundai? What girl doesn't want to step into the club with a Hermes purse on her shoulders and a Valentino dress drapped over her body? Playing 2k on a 42 inch plasma isn't good enough, how about on a 20 foot projection screen? Please look at my Fendi rug I brought it in Paris. I go to the same taylor as George Clooney, cool huh? It's all apart of the game. What good are you if you aren't gonna play?

Wise once again providing truth here.

I say this all the time. Ego is what drives/controls people. I honestly don't ever want to be rich...i just want to be comfortable. I want to have a budget...i want to look at a Maserati and say wow nice car...but i don't ever want to own it....it's a complete waste. I want to look at a 60 inch tv and say...nah im good with my 40inch that's too expensive. Happiness comes from within. The only thing that makes me appreciate what i have is that i have to save up and work and budget for it. If i could go out and buy whatever i wanted i wouldn't care at all about it. Its about the journey not just the destination.

"Wise enough to know that money can't buy you happiness or lovers, but it's gonna get my momma out the struggle."

Wise once again providing truth here.
I say this all the time. Ego is what drives/controls people. I honestly don't ever want to be rich...i just want to be comfortable. I want to have a budget...i want to look at a Maserati and say wow nice car...but i don't ever want to own it....it's a complete waste. I want to look at a 60 inch tv and say...nah im good with my 40inch that's too expensive. Happiness comes from within. The only thing that makes me appreciate what i have is that i have to save up and work and budget for it. If i could go out and buy whatever i wanted i wouldn't care at all about it. Its about the journey not just the destination.

Satisfaction > Wealth

There is something to be said about not worrying where your next meal will come from. With money, you are guaranteed to eat, and with even more money, you can guarantee that your family will eat as well, for years to come.

There is some serious comfort in knowing that.

Rich, not necessarily. As most said, being comfortable is the name of the game. As I get older, I come to realize its all about the quality of life and being able to balance the two. What's the point of making millions if you have to work 80 hours a week, cant enjoy/spend time with family and friends, cant vacation, etc... I may not be able to pull up in a Bentely, but ill trade that (any day of the week) with the idea that I can roll up in my nice car to my nice home everyday at 3:30 pm and be able to play with my son.

Last edited:
I can't even say I'd want to be filthy stanky *** rich, but to be able to afford a nice house, a car or 2, some land, good food, NFL Sunday Ticket, and a generally lower-stress lifestyle is something worth striving for. Money is options...we, the proles, have little to none of either.

I guess i can see why some rich people are suicidal. They have nothing that they cant have. Once you know you can get nearly anything you want. You might be getting bored or tired or use to it that it doesnt mean that much as it would if you didnt have the money.

Brb finna walk a red carpet
Brb get better treatment from people
Brb going to kick it on my yacht
Brb finding Nemo. Literally.
Brb partying with other rich people
Brb super sizing it
Brb leaving to a/c on when I leave so when I come back my house is cool

Brb yambs are more cooperative. Damb what everyone says.
Brb copping 128 gb iPhone 5s and Samsung galaxy s4

ahhhhhhh :rofl:

I guess i can see why some rich people are suicidal. They have nothing that they cant have. Once you know you can get nearly anything you want. You might be getting bored or tired or use to it that it doesnt mean that much as it would if you didnt have the money.
being bill gates rich would be like having the cheat code to all ur video games. fun at first, but then you're like ok now what

i'd rather be moderately rich, than insane rich like that. theres only so many orgies with victorias secret models snorting coke off ur dong that u can have before u get tired of it

Back
Top Bottom