Why did the Raptors..............

well considering most of you don't actually watch raptor games, how can you judge andrea fairly? he still has yet to get in serious minutes over a longstretch of a season (considering the injury he suffered this year, and the surgery he had last year). i'm not saying he's ahead of guys like roy,aldridge, or gay. but to be fair, the raptors are a better team than the blazers or the grizzlies, and have star players who can carry the load. the raptorshaven't asked that of bargs yet

and to those who say he can't rebound or defend...watch a raptor game once in a while. you'll see that the potential is there. just because he's atall white dude doesn't mean he can't play defense. chikickz put it best, the offense is geared toward andreas strengths and once sam mitchell gets hishead out of his$%*%, and starts designing plays for bargs, the sky is the limit. he's quick off the dribble, and has the best range in the nba for a man ofhis size.

i really think that american fans have trouble assessing international talent because they just haven't seen enough. it's kind of similar to when yaocame out, everyone (and i mean EVERYONE) was laughing. i'm not saying bargs have that kind of impact on the game, but he certainly has the potential to,and that's what the raptors are hoping for

oh, and if you honestly think that you'd want stephon and that contract on your team over AP....then i can't really take anything you say seriouslyespecially about the raptors

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so Anthony Parker is better than Stephon Marbury?
laugh.gif

in many ways yes....i'd take him over marbury any day considering i wouldn't want stephon on my team at all.

yes, but he's not better than Steph in overall basketball skill

He's a good 1st pick, I don't think anybody was expecting Aldridge to be as good as he is. It was Roy, Gay, and Bargnani. And Bargnani was the safechoice cause you know he's not gonna be a bust. He might not turn into a great dominate player, but he'll be effective.

from the moment they got the #1 pick, i was hoping they take aldridge.

i remember bosh was campaigning for him.

I don't think many people on this board actually seen him play. Just because he's white and tall, it doesn't mean he'll be less skilled andless athletic. Barg has that same or better potential Dirk had when he was rookie. I remember everyone laughed at Dirk when he got drafted. Barg actuallyplays better than Dirk at second year.
Give him few years, he will be the next Dirk for sure.

Famous Andreas:

Females

* Andrea Allan (born 1946), American actress
* Andrea Anders (born 1975), American actress
* Andrea Armstrong (born 1982), former American collegiate basketball player
* Andrea

you guys all have selective memory. do you think his entire rookie season was a fluke? he was even the best player on the raptors for our first few games thisseason... and he would inexplicably be excluded by his teammates on offense time and time again. if sam would let the kid play through his damn slump and showa bit of encouragement as opposed to barking at him all the time he'd be fine.

and in any case it's ******ed for any of you to insunuate that anyone from andrea's draft class is light years ahead of him right now when it'sbeen a third of a season and all the players mentioned have been getting far more consistant and meaningful minutes. any one of those dudes could hit a slumpany given day.

I like how all of you are making just simply ******ed statements about Bargnani when you have probably only seen him play 3 games. How many 7 footers do youknow with good handles, great jump shot, great court vision, good defense, and superb anticipation. He has the ability to average 20, 10, and 5, but when yourcoach decides to stick you on 3-point line turn you into a one dimensional jump shooter it's hard for you to produce those statistics. At the beginning ofthe season he was averaging 21 ppg then he got injured and then Sam chained him to the bench, since then his minutes have been non existent.

Originally Posted by kash55

He's a good 1st pick, I don't think anybody was expecting Aldridge to be as good as he is. It was Roy, Gay, and Bargnani. And Bargnani was the safe choice cause you know he's not gonna be a bust. He might not turn into a great dominate player, but he'll be effective.

This is false, Roy, Gay and Aldridge were all considered more sure picks.
Originally Posted by miamin2

they were lookin for the next dirk
Not really dude is better than Dirk was at this time.

Brandon Roy= best player in that class and i was saying so back in his college days at UW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I LOVED that team that got the #1 seed with the Nate/Roy backcourt. I wish the nicks wouldnt have dont that dumb$##* *@+@*@@ Curry trade, and had our #2 pickand chose Roy.

At least we finally got a pick to take like D Rose/Mayo/Beasley/Gordon/etc this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

When Sam Mitchell is fired and Bargnani becomes an All-Star you will eat your words. If Colangelo didn't smack Mitchell dude would still be sitting on thebench.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

I like how all of you are making just simply ******ed statements about Bargnani when you have probably only seen him play 3 games. How many 7 footers do you know with good handles, great jump shot, great court vision, good defense, and superb anticipation. He has the ability to average 20, 10, and 5, but when your coach decides to stick you on 3-point line turn you into a one dimensional jump shooter it's hard for you to produce those statistics. At the beginning of the season he was averaging 21 ppg then he got injured and then Sam chained him to the bench, since then his minutes have been non existent.

He's a good 1st pick, I don't think anybody was expecting Aldridge to be as good as he is. It was Roy, Gay, and Bargnani. And Bargnani was the safe choice cause you know he's not gonna be a bust. He might not turn into a great dominate player, but he'll be effective.

no way man. when dirk was 21 he put up 18 and 7. bargnani hasn't got there yet, might be a few years. he'll never be dirk.

Originally Posted by rhcp729

I like how all of you are making just simply ******ed statements about Bargnani when you have probably only seen him play 3 games. How many 7 footers do you know with good handles, great jump shot, great court vision, good defense, and superb anticipation. He has the ability to average 20, 10, and 5, but when your coach decides to stick you on 3-point line turn you into a one dimensional jump shooter it's hard for you to produce those statistics. At the beginning of the season he was averaging 21 ppg then he got injured and then Sam chained him to the bench, since then his minutes have been non existent.

no way man. when dirk was 21 he put up 18 and 7. bargnani hasn't got there yet, might be a few years. he'll never be dirk.

roll.gif
Sure.

[table][tr][td]YR[/td] [td]TM[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]98-99[/td] [td]Dal[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]20.4[/td] [td]2.9-7.1[/td] [td].405[/td] [td]0.3-1.4[/td] [td].206[/td] [td]2.1-2.7[/td] [td].773[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]8.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]99-00[/td] [td]Dal[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]35.8[/td] [td]6.3-13.6[/td] [td].461[/td] [td]1.4-3.7[/td] [td].379[/td] [td]3.5-4.2[/td] [td].830[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]17.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]25.1[/td] [td]0.427[/td] [td]0.373[/td] [td]0.824[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.65[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]0.391[/td] [td]0.453[/td] [td]0.791[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]1.43[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Plus injuries, plus idiot coach, and plus his point guards ignoring him.

As already mentioned, Sam Mitchell isn't helping Bargnani's cause. Mitchell did not want to play him at the beginning of last season until Colangelopressured Mitchell into giving Bargs more playing time.

Another issue is that Bargnani appears to be playing on his own when he's out there. He hasn't developed much chemistry with Bosh yet, and for somereason, TJ Ford always ignores Bargnani when they're on the court together. Bargnani also has a tendency to jack up ill-advised shots and not look for apass.

I think Bargnani is a future 20 ppg player, I think the points will come easy for him, my main concern is his rebounding ability because 3 rpg for a 7 footeris not a good look.

I think Bargnani is a future 20 ppg player, I think the points will come easy for him, my main concern is his rebounding ability because 3 rpg for a 7 footer is not a good look.
That's exactly my beef with him.

Sure he can score, plenty of guys in the NBA can. What separates Gay, Roy, Aldridge, and Bargnani is that the first three have other distinguishableattributes; Bargnani really doesn't at this point. Gay does a little bit of everything, Roy is a great passer/point guard, and Aldridge is a reboundingmachine. Bargnani hasn't really shown that he can do any one other thing extremely well.

Blame it on the coach all you want, blame it on the PG's all you want, they were both there last year were they not?

I didn't forget about his season last year, but how's he doing right now? If he was playing well, he'd be on the floor. For young players in the L,it's what you do NOW, now what you did last year. Roy is doing well, Gay is doing well, Aldridge is doing VERY well. If you think Andrea will be as good asDirk, well, keep wishing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chikickz

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe

A jumpshooting big man? They have a way better one already. How is that a need?

Who, Bosh? His range is 18 feet. Bargnani has range to 25 feet. He basically runs the same perimeter screen that Rasheed Wallace runs for Detroit. Bargnani makes more attempts than Sheed.
All three of them[Aldridge, Gay, Roy] are already lightyears ahead of Andrea.

Light years? Bargnani is right there. His team a lot better than the Blazers or Grizzlies, so his production may be muted more often with players like Bosh around him.
When Bargnani develops better defense he will be like Rasheed Wallace without the technicals. I don't know if Bargnani can get there defensively though.

LOL.

He'll never be like Sheed because Sheed's best attribute is his defense. You can't just teach that to a player overnight.

Dude can score but he'll never be elite because he can't defend nor rebound.

Same here, my pistons could of had Melo, Bosh, Kaman, or Josh Howard. Instead we got Darko.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by rhcp729

roll.gif
Sure.

[table][tr][td]YR[/td] [td]TM[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]TOT[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]98-99[/td] [td]Dal[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]20.4[/td] [td]2.9-7.1[/td] [td].405[/td] [td]0.3-1.4[/td] [td].206[/td] [td]2.1-2.7[/td] [td].773[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]8.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]99-00[/td] [td]Dal[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]35.8[/td] [td]6.3-13.6[/td] [td].461[/td] [td]1.4-3.7[/td] [td].379[/td] [td]3.5-4.2[/td] [td].830[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]17.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]25.1[/td] [td]0.427[/td] [td]0.373[/td] [td]0.824[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.65[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]0.391[/td] [td]0.453[/td] [td]0.791[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]1.43[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Plus injuries, plus idiot coach, and plus his point guards ignoring him.
everything you just posted proved what i said. 'plus' whatever you want, he's not as good as dirk was at this age, and you posted the statsto prove that. you really think he'll be as good as dirk? mvp material? you must've gone to your happy place.

bargs cant rebound or defend aahhaah thats why humphries is taking all of barg's minutes because he play's d and rebounds...yah andrea is good for a 3when he's trailing plays but he cant even guard Kendric Perkins.His post game is a joke as well.He gets the ball..feels out the guy and shoots a turnaround jumper from 15 feet.Thats the extent of his post game.I think the year the raps got the #1 pick wasnt one of the better years to get a number onepick.aldridge and bosh play too much alike..rudy gay had question marks about his attitude and we all know all of the previous "next dirks" that areout of the league..fran vasquez,yaroslav korolev,Nickoloz Tskitishvili and the risk of getting a "sweet shooting european big man" I think in thatdraft the raps were stuck in terms of drafting for what they needed and what was available.The strength of the 2006 draft was in the middle and end of thefirst round.save for a couple players it would have almost been better to trade down.

quit blaming mitchell for everything goin wrong with the raptors..sometimes I wonder if the raps got some euroleague coach maybe people would stop about allthis nonsense..What is one thing you constantly hear from mitchell???DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE the team has more than enough players who can score.What the rapsneed are players in the frontcourt who rebound and play defense.No matter if its on offense or defense Andrea is ALWAYS trailing..trailing on offense so he canjack up a 3 and trailing on defense because for some reason he cant get back.His rookie season was a fluke..when mikki moore exposes you on defense in theplayoffs that set the tone for the rest of the league on how to play andrea.want the best way to keep andrea off the court? make him play defense.thats almostfree points for more than half of the league's pf and centers.I mean seriously dude gets out rebounded by kyle lowry and thats 7 foot vs 6 foot.

Aldridge would be awful in Toronto. You'd have a Knicks situation. You'd have two identical players that should start competing for one basketball. It would not have worked.

Bingo! Finally someone is thinking straight!

so Anthony Parker is better than Stephon Marbury?

Yes. He is seriously the ultimate team player in the NBA. A pure jumpshot, a pass first player, a player who will always take one for the team.

he still has yet to get in serious minutes over a long stretch of a season (considering the injury he suffered this year, and the surgery he had last year). i'm not saying he's ahead of guys like roy, aldridge, or gay. but to be fair, the raptors are a better team than the blazers or the grizzlies, and have star players who can carry the load. the raptors haven't asked that of bargs yet

Finally someone understanding the situation.

Andrea isnt playing like he can. He has the most potential out of the players in that draft (not saying that Roy and company dont have potential, but we areseeing progress from them right now, making it seem that we already know how good they can be). But many people dont know how good Andrea can be. Only reasonwe dont see that is because of injuries, and lack of playtime. for some reason, Smitch doesnt like to have him on the court for long extended minutes at atime. As well, this year he hasnt seem to hit his groove. But when people actually watch the raptors for more than one game in a row, your going to see howAndrea shows signs of brilliance. He is going to be a great NBA player in the future. Its just that hes not showing it as much as Lamarcus, Roy, etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom