Why did the Raptors..............

pick Bargnani over guys like LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Rudy Gay?
laugh.gif

I ask myself that question every day.

I wish we got a guy like Aldridge or Tyrus Thomas.

To be fair to Bargnani, he has been more productive so far than most of last season's draft class other than Roy and Gay.

Colangelo is obsessed with building jump shooting teams that dont play a lick of defence.

Because Colangelo and Mitchell were building the sub7 shot clock offense. Bryan Colangelo and Sam Mitchell want to run a European style in the NBA because theythink it can win in the long run. Bargnani was the closest fit for this system where the Raptors didn't already have established players like Bosh.

Aldridge would be awful in Toronto. You'd have a Knicks situation. You'd have two identical players that should start competing for one basketball. Itwould not have worked.

Why wasn't Michael Jordan picked first in his draft?

Just the way things work out, he was a high prospect and projected as #1 draft pick.

I'm still trying to figure out why they picked that bum Araújo in the 04 draft instead of guys like Iggy..

Originally Posted by norain21

I'm still trying to figure out why they picked that bum Araújo in the 04 draft instead of guys like Iggy..
because their old management was awful..... VC wanted them to build a better team around him and they wanted him to carry the load .....if Colangelowas their GM in 2003 VC would have stayed and they'd likely be a contender with VC & Bosh

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by norain21

because their old management was awful..... VC wanted them to build a better team around him and they wanted him to carry the load .....if Colangelo was their GM in 2003 VC would have stayed and they'd likely be a contender with VC & Bosh

babcock did leave on a terrible note there, but i was pretty close to this situation. the babcocks are close family friends of ours, and VC was nothing buta whiny b**ch up there. if he didn't get what he wanted, IE his mom being able to fly WITH the team to every game, he'd throw a fit. if colangelowould've been the GM in 03, he would've traded VC then.

^^ but Vince basically just wanted to win..... I mean he had everything else going for him.... All Star every year, $96 million contract, a city looking up tohim as "Air Canada"....... although he definitely could have handled it better.......

I don't really understand the pick either. Could've traded down a little bit and got someone like Tyrus Thomas who compliments Bosh A LOT better thanBargs, or got Rudy Gay so they wouldn't have to start Jason Kapono.

Just because our idiot coach is bent on turning him into a jump shooter doesn't mean he lacks other talents.

That's good and all but your saying he has better potential than other dudes as well. LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Brandon Roy. All three of them arealready lightyears ahead of Andrea.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Just because our idiot coach is bent on turning him into a jump shooter doesn't mean he lacks other talents.

That's good and all but your saying he has better potential than other dudes as well. LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Brandon Roy. All three of them are already lightyears ahead of Andrea.

Yeah, but i think it was how the management was headed. They have it set in stone that they wanted a Euro style offense.

As someone said, he was the best fit at the time.

How do you build a euro style of offense around TJ Ford and Chris Bosh? I understand you want good international players, but if there's betters playersfrom here, why not?

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe

A jumpshooting big man? They have a way better one already. How is that a need?

Who, Bosh? His range is 18 feet. Bargnani has range to 25 feet. He basically runs the same perimeter screen that Rasheed Wallace runs for Detroit. Bargnani makes more attempts than Sheed.
All three of them[Aldridge, Gay, Roy] are already lightyears ahead of Andrea.

Light years? Bargnani is right there. His team a lot better than the Blazers or Grizzlies, so his production may be muted more often with players likeBosh around him.
When Bargnani develops better defense he will be like Rasheed Wallace without the technicals. I don't know if Bargnani can get theredefensively though.

How do you build a euro style of offense around TJ Ford and Chris Bosh? I understand you want good international players, but if there's betters players from here, why not?

Do you notice the hate for Anthony Parker? Slam still calls him "Candace Parker's Brother". The guy can play. Candace Parker's brotheris better than Slam favorite Stephon Marbury.

Originally Posted by chikickz

How do you build a euro style of offense around TJ Ford and Chris Bosh? I understand you want good international players, but if there's betters players from here, why not?

Do you notice the hate for Anthony Parker? Slam still calls him "Candace Parker's Brother". The guy can play. Candace Parker's brother is better than Slam favorite Stephon Marbury.
so Anthony Parker is better than Stephon Marbury?
laugh.gif

I don't even want to get started on this......I was seriously thinking about putting a hit on Babcock....he's got to be the stupidestperson in sports period. I believe a while back on PTI they were talking about the worst GM's from all sports, and they just ended up ripping on Babcockthe entire segment
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
........To this day I still hate that guy, and if I ever saw him inthe street........
indifferent.gif

Bargs is nothing more than a role player right now. Aldridge and Roy carry the Blazers, and doing a damn good job. Rudy Gay has emerged as the star of theGrizzlies, stealing the reigns from Pau Gasol. You're saying if Bargs was on the Blazers he would do just as well if not better than LaMarcus? And Rudy Gaytoo right?

Parker can play, yeah, but he's still just a role player, nothing more, nothing less. The three best players on the Raptors are Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon,and TJ Ford. Not Bargs, not Parker.

so Anthony Parker is better than Stephon Marbury?
laugh.gif

in many ways yes....i'd take him over marbury any day considering i wouldn't want stephon on my team at all.

Back
Top Bottom