Why Black Women Love ABC's Show Scandal???

Repped DC.

I BEEN saying this and its been falling on deaf ears.

Only major network show to a star black woman and shes a jumpoff.

Reading this just made me think of Halle Berry in Monster's Ball and how she won an Oscar for it. :smh: . Got so mad at that scene in the movie, I turned it off.

That Oscar is a sham. The only reason she won is because she got nailed by a guy who played a reformed racist. Her role wasn't groundbreaking at all.

I agree. I should have said that explicity, but that's exactly how I felt. I watched it after she won to see what the fuss was about and that's why I never finished the movie. None of her roles she's ever played were great. She was actually typecast for a long time as a crackhead/downtrodden woman. To take is a step further, I felt the same way about Training Day. He had way too many other roles better than that he could have won for. Those wins felt very empty.

To take it a step further, I felt the same way about Training Day. He had way too many other roles better than that he could have won for. Those wins felt very empty.

He had to be crooked before he took it though.

Last edited:
lol i cant believe the number of dudes commenting on this show and bickering like birds 
laugh.gif

i've never seen it but it seems geared toward a demographic im not a part of.

Hearing so many women and suspect dudes talking about it when it first started turned me off to giving it a try.

lol i cant believe the number of dudes commenting on this show and bickering like birds 
laugh.gif

i've never seen it but it seems geared toward a demographic im not a part of.

Don't let the opinion of those who don't even watch the show, skew your perception. Its a diverse, politically thrilling, plot twisting, intelligent drama. Race or gender doesn't make the series what it is. Its the writing. The presidential affair is one layer of many that take place within the show. (its also the weakest imo, tho important).

The show is primarily about ppl having issues and going to her and her "firm" for help. How to cover up issues that can seemingly send someone to jail. ( Like wake up and a dead chick in your bed, and you don't remember last night) It deals with many cases and scenarios, life 'scandals' and such. I never came away with the feeling its geared towards a certain group or gender, anymore than an average Law, or Police show is. I enjoy it cus I can never guess the ending ( which Im really good at), there's always just some twist that leaves you pissed til next week.

I like the show but it does bother me when the black women is satisfied of being a white guys side piece instead of a blacks guys wife

Plus she was the ultimate side piece in "she hate me". I mean two women married to the same man and are also lesbians. Que?

With that said I would love her as a side/main piece. But im black :smh

Plus she was the ultimate side piece in "she hate me". I mean two women married to the same man and are also lesbians. Que?

With that said I would love her as a side/main piece. But im black :smh
Dawg, Kerry was that lick in that movie. Put me on to her big time. Shawty is just sexy, no T no A, just sexy.

Tried to get into this show by watching Season 1 on Netflix.

Every bird I know hypes this show up and I dont see why. I gave up after 10 mins into the 3rd episode. 

To me it just seems like a glorification of a side piece. Like it's telling birds, "its cool to be the 2nd option...just get yours."

Doesnt appeal/interest me.

She had a a black guy she was dating the show. He was a politician of some kind, not sure, but she broke it off with him because she said she doesn't want to be in love the simple way . She said she likes the complicated way.

:lol: :smh:

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom