Why Black Women Love ABC's Show Scandal???

Great topic DC.  Alot of sistas whether they want to admit it or not don't have a problem with being a jumpoff.  Every person has a role to play in life, and for women who can't or don't know how to hold down a serious relationship being a jumpoff is a good role for them.  It's like being a part-time employee but still getting some of the benefits of being a full-time employee. 

Also, this show Scandal kinda ties into the "white daddy" syndrome that plagues the black community.  As far as sistas go, alot of them love to dump on the brothas as much as possible but wouldn't dare to that to a white man.  Just like in the work place, sistas stay giving brothas a hard time but are real nice and friendly to white people, especially the white man.  Trying to get their foot in the door and good graces of the white man as much as possible, SMH.  This show is somewhat a direct reflection of that to the black women audience, sad as it is.  Sure some sistas may want to actually get with or date a white man but in reality they know that's NOT going to happen for the most part so they have to live their fantasy out by way of this television show Scandal.  That's why black women love this show so much.
Deep rooted inferiority complex...but to go further on your point Deuce...there's a chick in my class who came at the professor all wrong last week. Basically questioning his instructional methods or what not, but the thing is the professor is basing his course off of the previous instructors course guide, so basically the current professor is using the template left behind by the former who just happens to be white. Had to make that point, and the reason being is I know the Sister Souljah chick would not have approached the current professor in an aggressive manner had he been the old white guy who taught the course for the past 20 years or so. 
I agree, and examples like this happen way too often.  Sistas love giving a brothas a hard time for any reason.  All of a sudden when a white man comes around or is in their presence they are smiles and friendly faces. 

Sounds good sir you just mad cause I didn't agree with your views that won't happen in our lifetime if ever. Lol keep posting pics man whatever will make you feel better you seem upset. I already told you you can have your views of the perfect world whats the problem?

I'm not mad. I just don't think you're very bright. 
I'm not very bright actually I'm pretty dark but I'm guessing your talk about being smart and on that front I'm bright enough. If you don't agree though you got it your entitled to that opinion. I disagree though

I'm not very bright actually I'm pretty dark but I'm guessing your talk about being smart and on that front I'm bright enough. If you don't agree though you got it your entitled to that opinion. I disagree though
Barely understood what you wrote. I think we've rode this out long enough, though.

Friends? 

Whaddya say?

Barely could understand what I wrote but I'm the one thats not bright? Anyway we can't be friends :x but I can agree no need to reply about this topic between us anymore. lol Good day sir.

Why can't people just enjoy the show?

Why does it have to be dissected because black women enjoy it?

Barely could understand what I wrote but I'm the one thats not bright? Anyway we can't be friends
sick.gif
but I can agree no need to reply about this topic between us anymore. lol Good day sir.
Yes, because you're not a good writer. 

Your loss. 

as per NT custom, there are multiple arguments by the second post 
mean.gif

a classmate put me up on this, I watched a couple episodes and the show seems pretty good to me. I heard there were a few african american women vying for that position Kerry is playing

Gabriel Union and (not sure) Nia? eh the producer(s) made a good choice IMO

As an actor and from her interviews, Kerry comes off as a down to earth human being. would pay to chill with her for a day

Repped DC.

I BEEN saying this and its been falling on deaf ears.

Only major network show to a star black woman and shes a jumpoff.

Reading this just made me think of Halle Berry in Monster's Ball and how she won an Oscar for it. :smh:. Got so mad at that scene in the movie, I turned it off.

Barely could understand what I wrote but I'm the one thats not bright? Anyway we can't be friends :x but I can agree no need to reply about this topic between us anymore. lol Good day sir.

Yes, because you're not a good writer. 

Your loss. 
Thanks glad I don't get paid for being a good writer or else I would be screwed. Won't be the first time I've lost as long as the wins outweigh the L's I'm good.

Tried to get into this show by watching Season 1 on Netflix.

Every bird I know hypes this show up and I dont see why. I gave up after 10 mins into the 3rd episode. 

To me it just seems like a glorification of a side piece. Like it's telling birds, "its cool to be the 2nd option...just get yours."

Doesnt appeal/interest me.
She had a a black guy she was dating the show. He was a politician of some kind, not sure, but she broke it off withhim because she said she doesn't want to be in love the simple way . She said she likes the complicated way.
Oh where have I heard this before?... 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Repped DC.

I BEEN saying this and its been falling on deaf ears.

Only major network show to a star black woman and shes a jumpoff.
Reading this just made me think of Halle Berry in Monster's Ball and how she won an Oscar for it.
mean.gif
. Got so mad at that scene in the movie, I turned it off.
That Oscar is a sham. The only reason she won is because she got nailed by a guy who played a reformed racist. Her role wasn't groundbreaking at all.

And I think it's pretty clear how sexist hollywood is after that last Oscars.

Ya'll can say "But it's the Family Guy guy" all you want, but the biggest thing of the year for the industry and that song was the best he came up with?

I cringed about as much as I did at Kanye's outburst from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom