Why Black Women Love ABC's Show Scandal???

My problem is that I don't have much problem with the hype, to each is own.

My problem is that the same chicks (mainly sistas) that are glued to the set week in and week out actually root for the "affair", but would be quick to have that "Oh, no he didn't do that to me!!" attitude if they were in the president's wife's shoes. Like someone said above a glorified side piece. Women in the black community hate the "other woman" with a passion!!!

I'm black if that matters and I get that it's just TV :D

Last edited:
I want to live in a world where a human can be intimate with any other human regardless of race, class, ethnicity, etc. and not be judged.

I want to live in a world where a human can be intimate with any other human regardless of race, class, ethnicity, etc. and not be judged.
Never would happen life isn't meant to be that way but in a perfect society it would probably have to be something people would have complaints with. If not it ends up like an episode of a show I saw when I was a youngster where the characters had perfect harmony going on and nobody knew how to act anymore since everything was perfect lol. I don't really mind being judged its only when people are being so biased that can't see their judgements are wrong that I have a problem with. Think about it if somebody judged you positively 99% of people are not going to be like " I do not like being judged" but let it be negative cats got bible verses, wise men sayings, the works. Personally I don't care who people date but being black and how I see some black women act when this role is reversed I have a big problem with those types thats all.

Never would happen life isn't meant to be that way but in a perfect society it would probably have to be something people would have complaints with. If not it ends up like an episode of a show I saw when I was a youngster where the characters had perfect harmony going on and nobody knew how to act anymore since everything was perfect lol. I don't really mind being judged its only when people are being so biased that can't see their judgements are wrong that I have a problem with. Think about it if somebody judged you positively 99% of people are not going to be like " I do not like being judged" but let it be negative cats got bible verses, wise men sayings, the works. Personally I don't care who people date but being black and how I see some black women act when this role is reversed I have a big problem with those types thats all.
I think it's presumptuous for you to say "life isn't meant to be that way." Life is meant to be what one wants it to be. I want to it to be like above-said world. 

I think it's presumptuous for you to say "life isn't meant to be that way." Life is meant to be what one wants it to be. I want to it to be like above-said world. 
Forget thinking of course its presumtuous (if talking about some time when either of us aren't alive) but as far as the real world I live in its the truth. I didn't tell you not to think that way I just commented on what you posted and I don't agree

Great topic DC.  Alot of sistas whether they want to admit it or not don't have a problem with being a jumpoff.  Every person has a role to play in life, and for women who can't or don't know how to hold down a serious relationship being a jumpoff is a good role for them.  It's like being a part-time employee but still getting some of the benefits of being a full-time employee. 

Also, this show Scandal kinda ties into the "white daddy" syndrome that plagues the black community.  As far as sistas go, alot of them love to dump on the brothas as much as possible but wouldn't dare to that to a white man.  Just like in the work place, sistas stay giving brothas a hard time but are real nice and friendly to white people, especially the white man.  Trying to get their foot in the door and good graces of the white man as much as possible, SMH.  This show is somewhat a direct reflection of that to the black women audience, sad as it is.  Sure some sistas may want to actually get with or date a white man but in reality they know that's NOT going to happen for the most part so they have to live their fantasy out by way of this television show Scandal.  That's why black women love this show so much.

he somewhat has a point that some black women feel validated when white men acknowledge them

a friend of mine actually told me that she feels like all white dus like skinny girls, so she likes it when they approach/compliment her because it makes her feel like she might be losing weight :lol:

Forget thinking of course its presumtuous (if talking about some time when either of us aren't alive) but as far as the real world I live in its the truth. I didn't tell you not to think that way I just commented on what you posted and I don't agree
So, basically, you don't want what I want. Cool, man. Thanks for letting the Internet know that Peteweezy does not want what figpudding wants. 

So, basically, you don't want what I want. Cool, man. Thanks for letting the Internet know that Peteweezy does not want what figpudding wants. 
As usual internet makes cats super sensitive if you only want praise just say so and I won't comment on your post I don't agree with. Otherwise just take it as a disagreement not all the extra stuff from you feeling all emotional. I don't know you and vice versa and I'm pretty sure the internet doesn't give a damn about either one of us but it makes you feel better yep that is exactly what I was doing champ.

As usual internet makes cats super sensitive if you only want praise just say so and I won't comment on your post I don't agree with. Otherwise just take it as a disagreement not all the extra stuff from you feeling all emotional. I don't know you and vice versa and I'm pretty sure the internet doesn't give a damn about either one of us but it makes you feel better yep that is exactly what I was doing champ.
What was emotional about what I said? If anything, I was matter-of-fact in my writing.

You're reaching, pal. 

Definitely reaching.

Great topic DC.  Alot of sistas whether they want to admit it or not don't have a problem with being a jumpoff.  Every person has a role to play in life, and for women who can't or don't know how to hold down a serious relationship being a jumpoff is a good role for them.  It's like being a part-time employee but still getting some of the benefits of being a full-time employee. 

Also, this show Scandal kinda ties into the "white daddy" syndrome that plagues the black community.  As far as sistas go, alot of them love to dump on the brothas as much as possible but wouldn't dare to that to a white man.  Just like in the work place, sistas stay giving brothas a hard time but are real nice and friendly to white people, especially the white man.  Trying to get their foot in the door and good graces of the white man as much as possible, SMH.  This show is somewhat a direct reflection of that to the black women audience, sad as it is.  Sure some sistas may want to actually get with or date a white man but in reality they know that's NOT going to happen for the most part so they have to live their fantasy out by way of this television show Scandal.  That's why black women love this show so much.
Deep rooted inferiority complex...but to go further on your point Deuce...there's a chick in my class who came at the professor all wrong last week. Basically questioning his instructional methods or what not, but the thing is the professor is basing his course off of the previous instructors course guide, so basically the current professor is using the template left behind by the former who just happens to be white. Had to make that point, and the reason being is I know the Sister Souljah chick would not have approached the current professor in an aggressive manner had he been the old white guy who taught the course for the past 20 years or so. 

What was emotional about what I said? If anything, I was matter-of-fact in my writing.

You're reaching, pal. 

View media item 302775

Definitely reaching.
Sounds good thats why you using pics now as props like a lame dunk contest participant. Yeah I'm reaching ok bossman whatever makes you feel better lol

Sounds good thats why you using pics now as props like a lame dunk contest participant. Yeah I'm reaching ok bossman whatever makes you feel better lol
I'm confused. Did you or did you not understand that the pic was supposed to signify that your comment was reaching? If not, here's another one. 

^ Signifies reaching (Not giving myself props as you mistakenly analyzed the previous image)

Edit: I failed to pick up on the context clues around your use of the word "props". I now recognize that you did indeed realize that my pic meant that you were reaching. I feel better now. 

Edit #2: Regarding your forced use of a sports analogy...well, that deserves to be inducted into the

Last edited:
what you said was kind of emotional figpudding. he posted a disagreeing statement and you used this sarcastic "Thanks for letting the Internet know that Peteweezy does not want what figpudding wants" response

Wot?

Does she date black dudes in real life tho? Not to specify with black dudes but I havent seen her with any minority.

I know I know, its her preference.

I think that's why she's perfect for these roles. She might really be like that.

She was in I Think I Love My Wife though with Chris Rock. She did play the side piece as well in that movie though lol

Last edited:

I'm confused. Did you or did you not understand that the pic was supposed to signify that your comment was reaching? If not, here's another one. 

View media item 302784

^ Signifies reaching (Not giving myself props as you mistakenly analyzed the previous image)

Edit: I failed to pick up on the context clues around your use of the word "props". I now recognize that you did indeed realize that my pic meant that you were reaching. I feel better now. 

Edit #2: Regarding your forced use of a sports analogy...well, that deserves to be inducted into the

View media item 302793
Sounds good sir you just mad cause I didn't agree with your views that won't happen in our lifetime if ever. Lol keep posting pics man whatever will make you feel better you seem upset. I already told you you can have your views of the perfect world whats the problem?

what you said was kind of emotional figpudding. he posted a disagreeing statement and you used this sarcastic "Thanks for letting the Internet know that Peteweezy does not want what figpudding wants" response
You do realize that all you did was regurgitate what I said, right? No analysis, bro. Where's the analysis? 

Sounds good sir you just mad cause I didn't agree with your views that won't happen in our lifetime if ever. Lol keep posting pics man whatever will make you feel better you seem upset. I already told you you can have your views of the perfect world whats the problem?
I'm not mad. I just don't think you're very bright. 

Back
Top Bottom