Why ARENT you watching 'Parks and Recreation'?

club29

Banned
ParksAndRecreation-2-1024x768.jpg

If you were one of those who stopped after a few episodes of the first season...I dont blame you.

BUT!

The first season (only 6 episodes) really should be looked at as one big pilot and a preparation for the BRILLIANT 2nd season that has been going on thusfar.

Once you see how the characters relate to eachother, the comedy is supreme.

This season has been better than NBC's flagship comedy (The Office)* and is only going to get funnier as the characters progress

Amy Poehler has really come into her own character (and much less a female Michael Scott) this season and her comedic timing has really been excellent.

Aziz Ansari is just flat out hilarious with his one-liners
laugh.gif

Mark Brandanowitz seems like someone i would hang out with

and Ron effing Swanson (AKA ladies man Duke Silver) is great for his dry humor.

plus, i mean come on...

aubrey_plaza_2513760.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and of course, my wife

oyKdYhULCm2g9iousqdsxuTvo1_500.jpg

9664.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dont be a sucka, watch this show!

*Ive never seen 30 Rock (i know i know
smh.gif
) but i hear this show is excellent and am looking forward to getting around to watching it from thebeginning.

Show is good. I can't always watch it though. I feel like it's a great sit down and hangout with the girlfriend type of show..which isn't a badthing.

Lovin this show. Stuck around only to keep watching Rashida
pimp.gif
, but the show has seemed to find its stride. One of the funnier shows now. Watch 30 Rockthough fam, its as good as the earlier The Office.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

The hunting episode was funny as hell.
Ron was going in..."Maybe next time i get a haircut, i should call you to shoot me in the face"

Angel

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Because it's a wanna-be "The Office".
that's because it's made by the same people.
indifferent.gif

i still like the show, i just don't have a lot of opportunities to watch it.

indifferent.gif
at you my friend. You're telling me The Cleveland Show is just as good as Family Guy? Exactly.

Read my mind Club, I was just thinking about how great this show has been.

All the characters work really well together, similar to the Office's dynamic and humor in relationships.

At first I thought this show was just a knock-off The Office, obviously done by the same people, but it's good enough to stand on it's own.

Ron Swanson is brilliant, the episode where he had a hernia was hilarious, "I was born ready, I'm Ron #%%$!@* Swanson"

Plus April is very funny and cute.

It isn't funny.

I've tried a bunch of times and every time I watch I don't laugh.

Just like The Office I ignored it at first but unlike The Office I didn't end up loving it.

Kinda strange cuz I found Amy pretty funny on SNL.

I don't care for them copying the same mock-umentary style of The Office either.

^ i knew my man Big J 33 would co-sign this thread at some point
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

id love to start up on 30 Rock.

if only i uhh *cough* knew where i could uhmm *cough* watch them somewhere from the beginning.....

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
at you my friend. You're telling me The Cleveland Show is just as good as Family Guy? Exactly.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Good counter.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
can you save the "exactly" until after i give you my response? i rarely watch family guy, and i've never seen an episode of the cleveland show. what does that have to do with the office and parks and recreation anyway? the office and parks and recreation have two different themes and they're equally as good.

Family Guy and The Cleveland Show were made by the same people/person(Seth MacFarlane), with similar themes. Family Guy is/was good, The Cleveland Show is not.The same concept applies to The Office and Parks and Recreation. The "parent" show, if you will, is the better of the two. No 2 shows are going tohave the SAME theme but if they are made by the same people, having the same basic ideas, their themes will be SIMILAR. Having said that, most of theseproducers think that they can apply their concepts to more than one show, while changing small details, and usually, are not as successful the second timearound. The Office is original. The humor, the themes, the characters and the plot are all very well developed. Now when you apply a similar concept to adifferent type of job setting with some of the SAME actors, it becomes a "wanna-be" show in many minds of The Office fans because we feel like theyshould just continue making more seasons of The Office instead of using their ideas on a branching-out experiment show. Bottomline, Parks and Recreation does apoor job of stacking up to The Office and for you to say that they are equally good is just absurd, no matter your tastes or preferences. You can't comparean original to it's imitator.

Thanks for bringing up that it improved. I saw a couple episodes first season and was
indifferent.gif
the whole time. 30 Rock is fantastic ( > the office imo), you need tostart watching it.

Its Always Sunny is the best comedy on tv for me though
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom