Why ARENT you watching 'Parks and Recreation'?

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

you seriously think family guy and cleveland show have anything to do with the office and parks and recreation? so basically, in your minds, just because cleveland show isn't up to par with family guy - spin off shows made by the same people are horrible? y'all dudes can be so dense.
smh.gif

It was just an analogy, relax.

despite liking a bunch of the actors on it, i gave this show like 2 episodes last year and wanted to gouge my eyes out it was so awful.

I will not watch it until I hear it's good from somebody who can admit how terrible the office is currently.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

despite liking a bunch of the actors on it, i gave this show like 2 episodes last year and wanted to gouge my eyes out it was so awful.

I will not watch it until I hear it's good from somebody who can admit how terrible the office is currently.

Its been a lackluster season for the Office, but they've had some strong episodes like 'Niagara' and 'Murder'

Re-watch the 6 episodes in season 1 and you'll find season 2 hilarious

EDIT: Community is nothing like Parks and Rec or The Office. I dont know where this notion comes from.

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Because it's a wanna-be "The Office".
that's because it's made by the same people.
indifferent.gif

i still like the show, i just don't have a lot of opportunities to watch it.

indifferent.gif
at you my friend. You're telling me The Cleveland Show is just as good as Family Guy? Exactly.
can you save the "exactly" until after i give you my response? i rarely watch family guy, and i've never seen an episode of the cleveland show. what does that have to do with the office and parks and recreation anyway? the office and parks and recreation have two different themes and they're equally as good.

Family Guy and The Cleveland Show were made by the same people/person(Seth MacFarlane), with similar themes. Family Guy is/was good, The Cleveland Show is not. The same concept applies to The Office and Parks and Recreation. The "parent" show, if you will, is the better of the two. No 2 shows are going to have the SAME theme but if they are made by the same people, having the same basic ideas, their themes will be SIMILAR. Having said that, most of these producers think that they can apply their concepts to more than one show, while changing small details, and usually, are not as successful the second time around. The Office is original. The humor, the themes, the characters and the plot are all very well developed. Now when you apply a similar concept to a different type of job setting with some of the SAME actors, it becomes a "wanna-be" show in many minds of The Office fans because we feel like they should just continue making more seasons of The Office instead of using their ideas on a branching-out experiment show. Bottomline, Parks and Recreation does a poor job of stacking up to The Office and for you to say that they are equally good is just absurd, no matter your tastes or preferences. You can't compare an original to it's imitator.
funny you say that. you watch The Office (US) right? it's not original at all. it's copied from The Office (UK), so i guess your logic applies there too. so you should be saying the office is crap as well.

I've seen both. US > UK. The difference is the cast.

I'm kinda sick of these Office (which is a generally unfunny show in itself) knockoffs. Community? Parks and Recreation? It's all the same crap. Yeah,go ahead and zoom into Jim's face after Dwight says something stupid. It only gets funnier every time you do it.

Sidenote: Rashida Jones ain't all that. #kanyeshrug

^ You gotta be pretty ignorant to group community in to P&R and The Office.

Pretty pretttty prettttyyyyyy ignorant

/Larry

I haven't gotten into Parks and Rec like I have with the office but I will admit that the office this season and from season 4 onwards has gone down hill

but would you really rather have them end the series and no new episodes of the office?

cause no matter how bad the show is getting I will still continue to watch it for new episodes

i actually thought season 5 of the Office was pretty strong, which only adds to the disappointing 6th season

Originally Posted by the north west

I haven't gotten into Parks and Rec like I have with the office but I will admit that the office this season and from season 4 onwards has gone down hill

but would you really rather have them end the series and no new episodes of the office?

cause no matter how bad the show is getting I will still continue to watch it for new episodes
i would not mind at all, to be honest.

Take arrested development for instance... it's 3 seasons of near-perfection, but even at the end you kinda were like - that's a good place to end it. It's still good, but could easily get bad in a hurry.

Now they've taken a bunch of years off and are going to put out a movie which should be excellent also because they've taken their time and should getit right.

With the office.. i'm just like hating it now, even the early episodes leave a bad taste in my mouth watching them on repeat knowing what i do about whereit's gone.
ohwell.gif

*raises hand*

It isn't the best show on tv by any means, and I actually don't care for Amy Poehler at all, but she has her moments on the show and got a lot betterfrom last season. Each character is done pretty well and the storylines aren't outrageous like the Office has become.

I tried to watch some of it and once again turned me off during the whole betting for pool and the dude trying to shark him with that whole "step 2"which seemed too much like Dwight.

Yeah this episode built on past episode storylines so it wasn't quite as funny if you were trying to jump in.

At least you gave it a shot, rather everyone watch it a few times and not like it, than miss out on another brilliant show like Arrested Development, not thatParks is as good as Arrested, but you get my point.

Originally Posted by the north west

i would not mind at all, to be honest.

Take arrested development for instance... it's 3 seasons of near-perfection, but even at the end you kinda were like - that's a good place to end it. It's still good, but could easily get bad in a hurry.

Now they've taken a bunch of years off and are going to put out a movie which should be excellent also because they've taken their time and should get it right.

With the office.. i'm just like hating it now, even the early episodes leave a bad taste in my mouth watching them on repeat knowing what i do about where it's gone.
ohwell.gif

There is definitely something to be said for bowing out gracefully. Peep Show, the BBC series, is a prime example of this. It is easily the funniest showI've ever seen, but as it keeps going on, it loses its luster. The quality isn't necessarily bad, it's just that there's only so much thewriters can do.

Ricky Gervais gets my infinite respect for deading the Office and Extras when he did. Same thing for Summer Heights High.

Aziz is that dude. He has so many quotables, I can't even remember one right now.

Ricky Gervais gets my infinite respect for deading the Office and Extras when he did. Same thing for Summer Heights High.
no kidding man, Extras was that show a few years ago. Loved it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

^ You gotta be pretty ignorant to group community in to P&R and The Office.

Pretty pretttty prettttyyyyyy ignorant

/Larry
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im watchin Curb right now
pimp.gif

I'm trying to watch Season 1 and I can't find episode 2 from season 1. PM?
nerd.gif

This has become my favorite show on the NBC Thursday block, and the other three shows are GREAT.

Ron and Andy are my favorite characters, but I don't think there's a weak link in the show at all.

On a related note, has anyone noticed that there are a multitude of boneable females on all four shows? I thought that was an interesting observation.

Back
Top Bottom