Who will be the NFL Rookie of the Year?

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yeah n forte also stayed on the field for short yardage plays.
While chris johnson goes to tthe sideline to cheer.
So that yards per carry argument is null n void since chris johnson doesn't get any touches the field on 3rd n short.

Forte is the superior in pass pro as well. Its not even close. In fact Forte is already one of thee best blockin backs in the league.
nobody is saying that CJ is a better blocker than Forte. I'm saying that CJ has had the better season when you look beyond the stats. Yes i know pass protection doesnt go into account as a stat, but i still think CJ has had the better season overall. He has about 100 more yards on 50 less carries. He is leading the team with the best record in teh AFC in rushing.

i think its a close argument, but i personally would give the nod to CJ this year.

Of course you completely ignored my baseball analogy. I just dont see how you can say that Johnson has had a better season when your primary argument is he compiled his stats with less oppurtunities, when Forte's stats were CLEARLY better than Johnson. You are basically weighing Yards Per Carry over yards and touchdowns....which is absolutely ridiculous.

And you say CJ has had a better season when you look beyond stats....well please enlighten me as to what exactly made him have a better season, statistics excluded. Please.
has been the workhorse of the team with the best record in the AFC. that homerun threat everytime he touches the ball, he is also a threat out of hte backfield as a safety valve.

But if you would like to go back to stats, just remember this, Chris Johnson has 40 more yards than Forte on 52 less carries. But Forte has 2 more touchdowns on 52 more carries. Also CJ has a whole bunch of his TD's taken by LenWhale, who has 15 TDs

lets look at receiving stats:
Matt Forte: 60 catches for 452 yards & 4 TDs
Chris Johnson: 43 catches for 260 yards & 1 TD

so CJ has the edge in Rushing Stats & Forte has the edge in Receiving Stats.

I personally think that CJ has had the better season when you look at everything as a whole, the fact that he isnt the Titan's entire offense & he splits carries with LenWhale. Im not taking anything away from Forte, just think that CJ has had a slightly better season.

PLease dont sit here and call CJ the workhorse, when it is FOrte that was the workhorse. Forte accounted for FIFTY ONE PERCENT of the Bears offense, far and away the biggest percentage of the entire league. Forte meant more to the Bears offense than CJ to the Titans. That is NOT debatable.

Can you please answer my baseball question. Rick Ankiel hit 25 homeruns with 71 rbis as a part time player. Jermaine Dye hit 34 homeruns with 96 rbis as a full time player. Would you say Ankiel had a better season?

Get that baseball @$+# back,back,back...outta here
laugh.gif
. U cant compareFootball to Baseball
smh.gif
. It's Baseball...they have a million stats
laugh.gif
"this guy hits .600 when he adjusts his member at the plate"
laugh.gif
. U cant just give me those 2 #'s and ask who had the betterseason. From a playing time standpoint, Ankiel had the better season...but I gotta see where in the lineup these players bat, their RISP, what record bothteams' finished with, and the numbers of the players Ankiel was taking time from. If you're a part time player and u put up comparable numbers to astarter, u had the better season. If u put up comparable numbers and ya team aint go no where...who cares about what u did
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom