Who will be the NFL Rookie of the Year?

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

As bias as I am [check avy], ROY unanimously goes to Matt Ryan - runner up, Chris Johnson. Without him the Falcons wouldn't even be in Playoffs. Michael Turner for MVP? y'all actin like Norwood is a bum...like he cant run throw them hallways Turner be running through
laugh.gif
. Whenever I see Turner, It look like he running down the terminal late for his plane - that's how much of a hole be having. Manning has put the Colts on his back with no room for error in the always tight AFC. Dude was something crazy like...29 for 34 - how u throw 34 passes and only miss 5
eek.gif
. Other than that...this not really a big MVP year in the NFL. U gotta put Matt Ryan in both conversations though. Most Valuble Player - I'd say single handedly turning a franchise around in 1 year is pretty is valuble.
like someone said in an earlier thread it didnt help that Matty ice had all these key parts & additions
Roddy White
Michael Turner
John Abraham
Harry Douglas
That defense didnt assist in turning the team around
their new running game didnt assist in turning the team around
the new coaching regime didnt assist in turning the team around

ill never understand how dudes say Matty ice turned the team around single-handed.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Chris Johnson
Matt Ryan

flip a coin
i'd be fine with either of these choices. & please dont start that Matt Forte> Chris Johnson nonsense please.
Chris Johnson has had the better season,

He has? 1448 total yards is more than 1640 total yards? 10 touchdowns is more than 12 touchdowns? I guess Chris Johnson has had a better season then.

i want my boy CJ to win but, matt ryan DESERVES the ROY more than all the candidates..nobody expected the falcons to go anywhere this season, even myself. mostpeople thought !%@# was\\ downhill now that vick was gone. but man, matt ryan keeps suprising people week after week. and i might agree with some people here,if the falcons do end locking up either the division or WC. i might say he might even be a candidate for MVP

P.S. CJ >> Forte

Matt Ryan...easy

He took the Falcons from Dog Fighting to Playoffs

He turned Roddy White from garbo to elite WR

he made the image of the Falcons from Vick to Winner

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Matt Ryan...easy

He took the Falcons from Dog Fighting to Playoffs

He turned Roddy White from garbo to elite WR

he made the image of the Falcons from Vick to Winner

son Roddy White was out there ballin last season.

yeah Matt Ryan has out there ballin, but yall keep underestimating how well Michael Turner is playing and how easy he is making it for Ryan at times.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

As bias as I am [check avy], ROY unanimously goes to Matt Ryan - runner up, Chris Johnson. Without him the Falcons wouldn't even be in Playoffs. Michael Turner for MVP? y'all actin like Norwood is a bum...like he cant run throw them hallways Turner be running through
laugh.gif
. Whenever I see Turner, It look like he running down the terminal late for his plane - that's how much of a hole be having. Manning has put the Colts on his back with no room for error in the always tight AFC. Dude was something crazy like...29 for 34 - how u throw 34 passes and only miss 5
eek.gif
. Other than that...this not really a big MVP year in the NFL. U gotta put Matt Ryan in both conversations though. Most Valuble Player - I'd say single handedly turning a franchise around in 1 year is pretty is valuble.
like someone said in an earlier thread it didnt help that Matty ice had all these key parts & additions
Roddy White
Michael Turner
John Abraham
Harry Douglas
That defense didnt assist in turning the team around
their new running game didnt assist in turning the team around
the new coaching regime didnt assist in turning the team around

ill never understand how dudes say Matty ice turned the team around single-handed.
Hold up...let me look at the stats...break down the film...get my Jaws on
laugh.gif

So what you're telling me is they'd be in the playoffs without Matt Ryan?

Norwood put up 6 yards a carry on 110 attempts last tear. Dunn finish with 700 yards(3.2 per carry) and Norword finished with 600 yards with half the attemptsit took Dunn. That's 1300 yards = Michael Turner(4.2 per carry). And If u bring up all Turners TD's...all but 2 are from inside the opponents 20 yardline. So all this means is Turner is eating up the carries and scoring TD's at the goal line - it wasn't like they had no running game prior to thisyear.

Who's passing the ball to these WRs? Roddy White cracked a thou' last year so I'm not gonna mention his year this year. Look at Michael Jenkinsproduction this year(700 yards) - coincidence? Matt Ryan's completion % is about the same as Harrington's(around 61), but he throws more TD's thanpicks. 15 TD's, 9 picks vs Joey's 7TD's, 8 Picks . 3,200 yards vs Joey's 2,200. He's been sacked 16 times; half as much as Joey. Sothat's more drives not stalling possibly leading to points...more points...more W's.

The Defense...their sack total aint far off from last year. Abraham finish with 10 last year(16 this year w/ 1 game left). They finished with 16 picks lastyear; 10 picks this year. I'll take the picks over the sacks. 1028 tackles last year; 937 this year. + 4 TO ratio last year; 0 this year.

What's so different? Matt Ryan. It doesn't help knowing your QB aint gonna throw outta a game? or that TO the D just got might turn into 6 when Ryangets on the field. Give son his due

Originally Posted by dland24

Chris Johnson
Matt Ryan

flip a coin
i'd be fine with either of these choices. & please dont start that Matt Forte> Chris Johnson nonsense please.

He has? 1448 total yards is more than 1640 total yards? 10 touchdowns is more than 12 touchdowns? I guess Chris Johnson has had a better season then.
Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale White. Thats why he has only 10 TDs, half of em are stolen by LenWhale. So that accounts for the about 190yard difference in total yards. BTW how many more carries does Forte have?

Any QB who plays that well and takes his team to the playoffs after the debacle of the past year and a half is going to be the ROY, whether you like it or not.No QB walks into the league and plays that well.

Chris Johnson
Matt Ryan

flip a coin

Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale White. Thats why he has only 10 TDs, half of em are stolen by LenWhale. So that accounts for the about 190 yard difference in total yards. BTW how many more carries does Forte have?

Thank you for pointing out that Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale like I didnt already know that. The fact that Johnson splits time with Lendale iscompletely irrelevant. We are talking about who had the better season. It doesnt matter if one player is a full time player, and one is a part time player. Oneplayer outperformed the other. Period.

Lets look at baseball. Rick Ankiel wasnt a full time player and he had 25 homeruns and 71 rbis. Jermaine Dye was a full time player had 34 homeruns and 96rbis. Who had the better season? Are you gonna tell me that Ankiel had a better season because he had to share time in the outfield when Dye didnt? Of coursenot. So do you see how your logic is COMPLETELY flawed?

And Forte had 51 more carries just so you know.

Chris Johnson
Matt Ryan

flip a coin

Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale White. Thats why he has only 10 TDs, half of em are stolen by LenWhale. So that accounts for the about 190 yard difference in total yards. BTW how many more carries does Forte have?

Thank you for pointing out that Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale like I didnt already know that. The fact that Johnson splits time with Lendale is completely irrelevant. We are talking about who had the better season. It doesnt matter if one player is a full time player, and one is a part time player. One player outperformed the other. Period.
So rushing for less yardage, a yard less per carry, and more carries is outperforming? CJ splittin carries and he still has more yardage than him.Of course Forte has more total yards
indifferent.gif
...he was thrown to 20 moretimes than CJ.
smh.gif

^^^ All this ericberry dude said was who had a better season. Its close, but I dont understand how you can give the nod to a player who had less yards, lesstouchdowns, and less of an impact on his team? You shouldnt...which is exactly what you would do if you give the nod to Johnson. (again, doesnt matter if hesplit carries or not)

Chris Johnson
Matt Ryan

flip a coin

Thank you for pointing out that Chris Johnson splits time with Lendale like I didnt already know that. The fact that Johnson splits time with Lendale is completely irrelevant. We are talking about who had the better season. It doesnt matter if one player is a full time player, and one is a part time player. One player outperformed the other. Period.

Lets look at baseball. Rick Ankiel wasnt a full time player and he had 25 homeruns and 71 rbis. Jermaine Dye was a full time player had 34 homeruns and 96 rbis. Who had the better season? Are you gonna tell me that Ankiel had a better season because he had to share time in the outfield when Dye didnt? Of course not. So do you see how your logic is COMPLETELY flawed?

And Forte had 51 more carries just so you know.
Forte averaged a whole yard less per carry... I'm sorry, but Johnson and Matt Ryan are the only two options IMO.

Yeah n forte also stayed on the field for short yardage plays.
While chris johnson goes to tthe sideline to cheer.
So that yards per carry argument is null n void since chris johnson doesn't get any touches the field on 3rd n short.

Forte is the superior in pass pro as well. Its not even close. In fact Forte is already one of thee best blockin backs in the league.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

So that yards per carry argument is null n void since chris johnson doesn't get any touches the field on 3rd n short.

Forte is the superior in pass pro as well. Its not even close. In fact Forte is already one of thee best blockin backs in the league.
nobody is saying that CJ is a better blocker than Forte. I'm saying that CJ has had the better season when you look beyond the stats. Yes iknow pass protection doesnt go into account as a stat, but i still think CJ has had the better season overall. He has about 100 more yards on 50 less carries.He is leading the team with the best record in teh AFC in rushing.

i think its a close argument, but i personally would give the nod to CJ this year.

nobody is saying that CJ is a better blocker than Forte. I'm saying that CJ has had the better season when you look beyond the stats. Yes i know pass protection doesnt go into account as a stat, but i still think CJ has had the better season overall. He has about 100 more yards on 50 less carries. He is leading the team with the best record in teh AFC in rushing.

i think its a close argument, but i personally would give the nod to CJ this year.

Of course you completely ignored my baseball analogy. I just dont see how you can say that Johnson has had a better season when your primary argument is hecompiled his stats with less oppurtunities, when Forte's stats were CLEARLY better than Johnson. You are basically weighing Yards Per Carry over yards andtouchdowns....which is absolutely ridiculous.

And you say CJ has had a better season when you look beyond stats....well please enlighten me as to what exactly made him have a better season, statisticsexcluded. Please.

I personally think Chris Johnson had the better season, but i wouldn't be mad at someone if they picked Matt Forte

and also I dont understand why people try to use analogy's from completely different sports
eyes.gif

nobody is saying that CJ is a better blocker than Forte. I'm saying that CJ has had the better season when you look beyond the stats. Yes i know pass protection doesnt go into account as a stat, but i still think CJ has had the better season overall. He has about 100 more yards on 50 less carries. He is leading the team with the best record in teh AFC in rushing.

Of course you completely ignored my baseball analogy. I just dont see how you can say that Johnson has had a better season when your primary argument is he compiled his stats with less oppurtunities, when Forte's stats were CLEARLY better than Johnson. You are basically weighing Yards Per Carry over yards and touchdowns....which is absolutely ridiculous.

And you say CJ has had a better season when you look beyond stats....well please enlighten me as to what exactly made him have a better season, statistics excluded. Please.
has been the workhorse of the team with the best record in the AFC. that homerun threat everytime he touches the ball, he is also a threat out ofhte backfield as a safety valve.

But if you would like to go back to stats, just remember this, Chris Johnson has 40 more yards than Forte on 52 less carries. But Forte has 2 more touchdownson 52 more carries. Also CJ has a whole bunch of his TD's taken by LenWhale, who has 15 TDs

lets look at receiving stats:
Matt Forte: 60 catches for 452 yards & 4 TDs
Chris Johnson: 43 catches for 260 yards & 1 TD

so CJ has the edge in Rushing Stats & Forte has the edge in Receiving Stats.

I personally think that CJ has had the better season when you look at everything as a whole, the fact that he isnt the Titan's entire offense & hesplits carries with LenWhale. Im not taking anything away from Forte, just think that CJ has had a slightly better season.

Of course you completely ignored my baseball analogy. I just dont see how you can say that Johnson has had a better season when your primary argument is he compiled his stats with less oppurtunities, when Forte's stats were CLEARLY better than Johnson. You are basically weighing Yards Per Carry over yards and touchdowns....which is absolutely ridiculous.

And you say CJ has had a better season when you look beyond stats....well please enlighten me as to what exactly made him have a better season, statistics excluded. Please.
has been the workhorse of the team with the best record in the AFC. that homerun threat everytime he touches the ball, he is also a threat out of hte backfield as a safety valve.

But if you would like to go back to stats, just remember this, Chris Johnson has 40 more yards than Forte on 52 less carries. But Forte has 2 more touchdowns on 52 more carries. Also CJ has a whole bunch of his TD's taken by LenWhale, who has 15 TDs

lets look at receiving stats:
Matt Forte: 60 catches for 452 yards & 4 TDs
Chris Johnson: 43 catches for 260 yards & 1 TD

so CJ has the edge in Rushing Stats & Forte has the edge in Receiving Stats.

I personally think that CJ has had the better season when you look at everything as a whole, the fact that he isnt the Titan's entire offense & he splits carries with LenWhale. Im not taking anything away from Forte, just think that CJ has had a slightly better season.

PLease dont sit here and call CJ the workhorse, when it is FOrte that was the workhorse. Forte accounted for FIFTY ONE PERCENT of the Bears offense, far andaway the biggest percentage of the entire league. Forte meant more to the Bears offense than CJ to the Titans. That is NOT debatable.

Can you please answer my baseball question. Rick Ankiel hit 25 homeruns with 71 rbis as a part time player. Jermaine Dye hit 34 homeruns with 96 rbis as a fulltime player. Would you say Ankiel had a better season?

Back
Top Bottom