Who the Hell Cares Vol. Royal Wedding

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

i wanna know why this is a big deal, SRS
brit NTers mind chiming in? im curious ,
nerd.gif

Same reason any event with no real world significance is a big deal: it is culturally relevant. Why is the Super Bowl a big deal? I've never missed it... but why? It is ingrained in our culture to watch and enjoy it. The Royal Family holds a similar place in British society, or so I've surmised. Plus, the whole Cinderella aspect of it all. Women have been geared to eat that up.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by HankMoody

smh at people criticizing others yet spending 3 hours a day watching nba playoff games. People like distractions. Get used to it.

naw, sporting events does not compare. cnn isnt covering the nba playoffs 24/7 nor do they care.
sporting teams don't require the welfare of the citizens of the US tho as well

The ANNUAL two week run-up to the Super Bowl is a far worse indicator of society's so-called degradation than the attention over this once-in-a-generation event.

nerd.gif

Same reason any event with no real world significance is a big deal: it is culturally relevant. Why is the Super Bowl a big deal? I've never missed it... but why? It is ingrained in our culture to watch and enjoy it. The Royal Family holds a similar place in British society, or so I've surmised. Plus, the whole Cinderella aspect of it all. Women have been geared to eat that up.

smh at people criticizing others yet spending 3 hours a day watching nba playoff games. People like distractions. Get used to it.

naw, sporting events does not compare. cnn isnt covering the nba playoffs 24/7 nor do they care.

The ANNUAL two week run-up to the Super Bowl is a far worse indicator of society's so-called degradation than the attention over this once-in-a-generation event.

that Middleton chick is the defineition of average. Dude could be getting at Natalie Portman or something. What is he doing. btw his little bro got it good. Gets all the spoils of the royal family but no responsibilty unless mad people dide out. Reminds me of that John Candy movi9e. Cant remember the name.

that Middleton chick is the defineition of average. Dude could be getting at Natalie Portman or something. What is he doing. btw his little bro got it good. Gets all the spoils of the royal family but no responsibilty unless mad people dide out. Reminds me of that John Candy movi9e. Cant remember the name.

nerd.gif

This man summed up everything.

nerd.gif

This man summed up everything.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Kate is having the ultimate come up...

only one coming close in Amber Rose...

shorty was a coal miner's daughter and on Friday will be a princes...

laugh.gif

This...
...every chick has dreamed of her wedding day since they were little girls - billions of women wish they could be in her shoes, that's why they're harping on every detail.

The coverage is gettin' a little OD, but I'm not in the demographic that gives a damn, so of course I would say that...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Kate is having the ultimate come up...

only one coming close in Amber Rose...

shorty was a coal miner's daughter and on Friday will be a princes...

laugh.gif

This...
...every chick has dreamed of her wedding day since they were little girls - billions of women wish they could be in her shoes, that's why they're harping on every detail.

The coverage is gettin' a little OD, but I'm not in the demographic that gives a damn, so of course I would say that...

Seriously, I want to know who the heck stays up all night to watch a wedding? The wedding starts at 4 a.m. local time, so there is no way I'm going to watch it, even if I WAS interested.

Oh, and the tie-ins I'm seeing EVERYWHERE are driving me insane! I was watching Disney Junior with my little boy this morning, and even they are having a Royal Wedding Week. This is PRESCHOOL programming we're talking about. And with all the really important things going on in the world, it kills me to see CNN talking non-stop about it. I swear between commercials, reminders, and related stories, CNN is giving more attention to the royal wedding than any other news story. Come on!

There are people dying in Libya fighting for their freedom, people in Japan still desperately trying to deal with the ongoing horror left over from the tsunami and nuclear crisis, we have economic and political turmoil right here in the U.S., and we have our brave and honorable young men and women dying overseas to keep us safe. But we're supposed to focus on the wedding of two figureheads who really have zero impact on world politics but live lavish lifestyles most of us could only dream about? Good for them! I mean I wish them the best and all, and I'm sure they are both fine people, but their wedding does not deserve 1% of the attention the media is giving it.

Seriously, I want to know who the heck stays up all night to watch a wedding? The wedding starts at 4 a.m. local time, so there is no way I'm going to watch it, even if I WAS interested.

Oh, and the tie-ins I'm seeing EVERYWHERE are driving me insane! I was watching Disney Junior with my little boy this morning, and even they are having a Royal Wedding Week. This is PRESCHOOL programming we're talking about. And with all the really important things going on in the world, it kills me to see CNN talking non-stop about it. I swear between commercials, reminders, and related stories, CNN is giving more attention to the royal wedding than any other news story. Come on!

There are people dying in Libya fighting for their freedom, people in Japan still desperately trying to deal with the ongoing horror left over from the tsunami and nuclear crisis, we have economic and political turmoil right here in the U.S., and we have our brave and honorable young men and women dying overseas to keep us safe. But we're supposed to focus on the wedding of two figureheads who really have zero impact on world politics but live lavish lifestyles most of us could only dream about? Good for them! I mean I wish them the best and all, and I'm sure they are both fine people, but their wedding does not deserve 1% of the attention the media is giving it.

I'm sure the average British dude doesn't care, and I know for a fact most Americans could care less. Why this is news in America is beyond me.

I'm sure the average British dude doesn't care, and I know for a fact most Americans could care less. Why this is news in America is beyond me.

It's a big deal because she's in line to be the richest woman in the world. They own everything.

It's a big deal because she's in line to be the richest woman in the world. They own everything.

Think about it on a larger scale.

How much time do people clock in watching nba basketball over the course of a season?  How much time time is spent reading articles online, or on NT S&T?  Fantasy drafts, Bracketology, etc.  I can go on.

Is there any actual significance to any of it?  No sir.  The point is people have distractions and put time and emphasis into them despite them having any actual significance to them.  Is it a good thing? No.  In fact it's probably something society should kind of discourage.  But, the point being, we are all susceptible to these meaningless distractions.  It's important to recognize that so as to avoid any hypocrisy.

Think about it on a larger scale.

How much time do people clock in watching nba basketball over the course of a season?  How much time time is spent reading articles online, or on NT S&T?  Fantasy drafts, Bracketology, etc.  I can go on.

Is there any actual significance to any of it?  No sir.  The point is people have distractions and put time and emphasis into them despite them having any actual significance to them.  Is it a good thing? No.  In fact it's probably something society should kind of discourage.  But, the point being, we are all susceptible to these meaningless distractions.  It's important to recognize that so as to avoid any hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom