Who still is not using a smart phone?

The rest of my family finally got iPhones and both my parents got iPads. I'm so proud of them all :smile:

GPS alone>*

i dunno how ya function without all da extra functionality of a smartphone..when im out and about i like to take nice pics of my environment,

if a song plays in da background and i dunno it but its dope ill scan it,

im ALWAYS in contact with my family thru FB, twitter, txt.

#NT lulz on da road,

shoppin on ebay,

streaming mixtapes off of datpiff or livemixtapes

like i said, you dont NEED it persay, but it makes your life so much easier., people with dumbphones in here justifyin them joints sounding like

cats justifying walkin around with a cassette player.
Why would I pay for something that I don't need?

I'm not interested in any of the things that you mentioned.

I work too hard to be giving my money away. The state does a good job taking enough from me. 
laugh.gif

Wtf is goins on in here? Its really quite simple.. if u dont wanna smartphone dont get one. Ur Right basic phones still call n text. But to Think Ur anywhere near As capbable as someone with a Smartphone ur assieight, Nine , And ten. On Any given day with my phone i Check a hundred emails. Move money between my accounts. Use The navigation to get from store to store in my region. Tango/skype/facetime My parents n sister so They can see my daughter. Etc etc. If i had a dumb phone i wouldnt get **** done....

Wtf is goins on in here? Its really quite simple.. if u dont wanna smartphone dont get one. Ur Right basic phones still call n text. But to Think Ur anywhere near As capbable as someone with a Smartphone ur assieight, Nine , And ten. On Any given day with my phone i Check a hundred emails. Move money between my accounts. Use The navigation to get from store to store in my region. Tango/skype/facetime My parents n sister so They can see my daughter. Etc etc. If i had a dumb phone i wouldnt get **** done....
No one's claiming that smartpones aren't more capable. That goes without saying. People are discussing whether they need that capability or not. 

Some people really do need that capability. Lots do not but like to pretend that they do. And some know that they do not need it. 

These dudes in here be the type of folk to say "I don't need a smartphone" then proceed to always ask somebody WITH a smartphone to look something up when they're out :lol: They ain't foolin nobody

Last edited:
In this day an age if you dont have a smartphone you are not really living life. Unless you are in Wi-Fi area 16 hours of the day, and the other 8 is when you are sleeping lol. 

I have had a smart phone since 2003 and have not looked back since then. Back then it was mainly just for AIM lol. Those were the good ole days, sidekick living lol

I dont have smartphone...I had a the iphone 4s for a about a month before i ended up losing it...I guess it wasnt meant to be...One thing i did notice tho, when i had the iphone i was too preoccupied with how other people were livin theyre lives and how i should show off mine etc...Instagram, Twitter..people are too worried about everyone..Im good with just textin and calling..thats all you need..if you have internet at home then youre good.

I agree with ninja. In this day and age it is important to stay connected. I have 4 emails on my iPhone and work email on my blackberry. I can't imagine not having at least 2 phones. I had 3 previously but got rid of one.

i know a lot of people who dont have smart phones. and its not because they're broke or cheap either. and they all are younger then 27.

at this point nearing the end of 2012, its not even about 'needing' a smartphone.  not having one is less common nowadays.  when i was coming up, cell phones hadn't even hit mainstream yet; see zack morris running around with one and was in straight awe.  flash forward to my mid twenties and all of a sudden twelve year olds were running around with the ****.  i didn't even get my first cell phone (blue nokia, green screen) until i went into the military, rocked that phone for years.  now you look up and down the bar and from aft to stern everybody in the place either has it on and doing stuff or it sitting in front of them and age don't even make a lick of difference.  i get what powerballin is saying, although i don't agree with his initial thing of you must be po' if you don't have one but i do agree you certainly MUST have a reason to not have one, 'cuz they affordable and super useful.  maybe you like some nt'ers in here and just wanna pretend you above it all, maybe you just don't leave the house that much, or yes maybe you just cant fit it in your budget.  at this point its like you still usin' candles and lanterns and hatin on dudes that are using electricity.

Last edited:
Is a Blackberry considered a smartphone (not the newer ones with the touchscreen but the old school ones with the keypad)? That thing does everything a person needs in a phone for calls, text, simplified e-mail and whatever crappy apps it has. I've been off facebook for a solid 3 years now, been on that since it came out in '05 so it was all the rage when I started college, never got on twitter or instagram and whatever nonsensical social media outlet people are into nowadays and I don't think that has brought my value of life down one bit. If anything, I'm more focused on what's happening around me and doing real things.

All the apps and **** on smartphones are not PIVOTAL in living out your life. It might come in handy from time to time but it can't be something that you need attached to your hand and for you to live your life through your phone. It was mentioned before, I hate when people are eating with someone and they check on their phones every 5 minutes. If you're not interested in a meal and you're clicking away while someone is talking to you trying to have a good time, don't bother coming out and just sit at home while you munch and click away. Mad disrespectful and just gives off the "you lesser than my phone" vibe. Goes back to what Brady Quinn said about Javon in the post-game, none of the social networks are needed. If people just paid attention to the people in front and around them, maybe you'll actually create something personal rather than feel connected through some letters on your phone's screen.

I have an iPhone and I use it for the simply things -- calls, text, e-mails, music and an occasional article I can read while I'm on the subway and even with that, I'd rather read a Time mag in print. Other than that, I can rock a Nokia brick and use an iPod and wait til I get to a comp to check everything else. I have the iPhone because I wanted one but I won't ever let it run my life and say it's something I NEED. Pick your head up off your screen and enjoy the scenery that's around you. Kids these days will never realize that all the technology they have accessible to them was and still is a luxury, not a necessity.

at this point nearing the end of 2012, its not even about 'needing' a smartphone.  not having one is less common nowadays.  when i was coming up, cell phones hadn't even hit mainstream yet; see zack morris running around with one and was in straight awe.  flash forward to my mid twenties and all of a sudden twelve year olds were running around with the ****.  i didn't even get my first cell phone (blue nokia, green screen) until i went into the military, rocked that phone for years.  now you look up and down the bar and from aft to stern everybody in the place either has it on and doing stuff or it sitting in front of them and age don't even make a lick of difference.  i get what powerballin is saying, although i don't agree with his initial thing of you must be po' if you don't have one but i do agree you certainly MUST have a reason to not have one, 'cuz they affordable and super useful.  maybe you like some nt'ers in here and just wanna pretend you above it all, maybe you just don't leave the house that much, or yes maybe you just cant fit it in your budget.  at this point its like you still usin' candles and lanterns and hatin on dudes that are using electricity.
The main reason that smartphone use is so widespread in the US is because of the business model that many Cell carriers employed (and still do) in the form of subsidizing handsets.

However, they're moving away from that now because they've picked all of the low hanging fruit. They have people by the balls and now they'll start to squeeze.
laugh.gif

I have gone a few months without a phone, as it broke. I am obviously not addicted to using my phone, but will get one soon, hope to get a smartphone.

GPS alone>*

i dunno how ya function without all da extra functionality of a smartphone..when im out and about i like to take nice pics of my environment,

if a song plays in da background and i dunno it but its dope ill scan it,

im ALWAYS in contact with my family thru FB, twitter, txt.

#NT lulz on da road,

shoppin on ebay,

streaming mixtapes off of datpiff or livemixtapes

like i said, you dont NEED it persay, but it makes your life so much easier., people with dumbphones in here justifyin them joints sounding like

cats justifying walkin around with a cassette player.

Yeah but you walk alot and out and about alot. So you would need one.

I have a iphone 5 on the way this week.

But before that i never had data on my phones because i simply didnt need it.

I got the iphone so i can be entertained and download the fun apps.

it all depends on the person. I still dont need it. But got it since its in my budget. I gotta have the best. if im going to get a phone its going to be the best phone out there. which imo is the iphone.

But its like not having a HDTV these days now, its like not having GPS in your car, its like listening to cassette tapes now a days.

Facetime is amazing too. The HD Camera is cool to take pics. You cant walk around with a Nokia or a nextel chirping people now a days.

Its not needed of course. But its just something i think u should have if you have a phone.

it doesn't have to be a iPhone or a S3.. but hell any smart phone is necessary now a days.

OK I'm at work and just checked everything
It cost a difference of $10 on Verizon, $10 on sprint and $15 in AT&t according to the computer is the difference between the price of a basic phone vs smart. Is $10-$15 really saving a lot for a much better product and service. That's just 2-3 trips to MacDonalds you can't do

But its like not having a HDTV these days now, its like not having GPS in your car, its like listening to cassette tapes now a days.

Standard def TV's have been phased out. Same goes for cassette tapes. Dumb phones are readily available. Your comparisons doesn't work.

Millions of people don't have GPS in their car. A mobile phone is WAY more of a necessity than a GPS.

OK I'm at work and just checked everything
It cost a difference of $10 on Verizon, $10 on sprint and $15 in AT&t according to the computer is the difference between the price of a basic phone vs smart. Is $10-$15 really saving a lot for a much better product and service. That's just 2-3 trips to MacDonalds you can't do

Smart phones don't send and receive calls/text better than dumb phones. Anything beyond that I simply don't need. Why pay $10-$15 more every month?

Last edited:
Standard def TV's have been phased out. Same goes for cassette tapes. Dumb phones are readily available. Your comparisons doesn't work.
Millions of people don't have GPS in their car. A mobile phone is WAY more of a necessity than a GPS.
Smart phones don't send and receive calls/text better than dumb phones. Anything beyond that I simply don't need. Why pay $10-$15 more every month?
Yea but I get Internet, email, GPS, android, coupons and more out of a phone.

Yeah my comparsions were on point. Who the hell is walking around Nextel Flip Phone chirping eachother now a days?? tell me who?? cassettes are available in my country same for standard TV's.

Back
Top Bottom