WHO MAKES 6 FIGURES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HyphySole

Whats probably the best major to take in business in order to find a good job? say in like 6 years if that matters

I already took 2 classes in computer networking, and it doesnt interest me. I was thinking Finance

People dreaming about 6 figure salaries? As many have noted before me, the lower 6 figure salaries aren't really cakin'. NT needs some higher goalslike 7+ figure salaries.

Im 1 level at my job from making 6 figures as a regional manager.. im a manger and im on pace for about 70k from the time i became a manager too next year sametime.. my regional is 23 and makes 100k and hes been working for the company 3 years... im on my first year in about 2 months.. just the long wait to become aregional smh.. if i get lucky and earn 2 stores like my previous manager before i got promoted... ill get 2 bonus checks a month which would put me at 100k..

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Originally Posted by MvP07

Originally Posted by ago225

i dont even make a figure

roll.gif
roll.gif

Same amount i make
embarassed.gif

I'm sticking with my hoop dreams. I know I prolly won't make the NBA but playing in Europe won't hurt either. That'll prolly make well enoughto get to 6 figs. Hopefully.

I always wanted to link up with the ibankers/traders who believed in discipline/want/desire over ivy league backgrounds.....sure there have to be afew left somewhere.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

For those of you who make more than 6 figures and live in Cali and NY, sorry you are NOT doing it. No hate, its just fact.
So for a single male with no children making $250k annually (Tax sheltered up the %!$) living in Cali isn't doing it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

For those of you who make more than 6 figures and live in Cali and NY, sorry you are NOT doing it. No hate, its just fact.
So for a single male with no children making $250k annually (Tax sheltered up the %!$) living in Cali isn't doing it?
laugh.gif
I think he may have meant low 6 figs like $100,000

No one said 100k was balling out of control, but I'm sure you can live quite decently in NY/LA/SF. Doesn't mean you'll walk into Harry Winston anddrop $25k on a shopping spree, but you won't have to worry about meals and going out.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Im 1 level at my job from making 6 figures as a regional manager.. im a manger and im on pace for about 70k from the time i became a manager too next year same time.. my regional is 23 and makes 100k and hes been working for the company 3 years... im on my first year in about 2 months.. just the long wait to become a regional smh.. if i get lucky and earn 2 stores like my previous manager before i got promoted... ill get 2 bonus checks a month which would put me at 100k..
son the tmobile buisness that serious?

real talk, i never be takin you serious.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

No one said 100k was balling out of control, but I'm sure you can live quite decently in NY/LA/SF. Doesn't mean you'll walk into Harry Winston and drop $25k on a shopping spree, but you won't have to worry about meals and going out.

If you're single and under 30, 100k is solid in SF, you won't be balling out of control but you won't have many wants. I wouldn't want to tryto raise a family on it though.

I will be able to once I get some senority at my job at the railroad........ and work my $@! off.

I work for one of the nations top 10 hospitals voted from US News and World Report, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
pimp.gif

When I get out of school next spring, I'll be setup with a job at the hospital starting at $80k. Not six figures but hey, I'm just getting out ofschool.

I don't even make five figures
laugh.gif

10+ years from now I'll be making six figures. I don't really care though. As long as I make enough to provide for my family, I'll be happy.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
..i dont get the logic in this. yes, the cost of living is higher,but a single male living in NYC or Cali making six figs is well off. i like how dudes who dont even live in the areas mentioned are talking like they know

Originally Posted by dbbabd

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by dbbabd

can someone explain hedge funds and what do u need to do such a thing

If you're asking this, you'll probably never get in one. To explain it to you though down to the barebones, it's a group of people that manage large sums of cash from investors and invest in equities etc. expecting returns later.
Sorry i didnt mean how to get into a hedgefund. I meant how to actually be the people who run/operate it like my mans who said he makes six figures. I was wanting to know how long he went to school and what type of classes he took

Sorry for sounding so harsh, I didn't mean for it to be like that. To open a hedge fund and run one, you usually need a decent amount of capital, at least$4 million or so, but those are the really really small ones. As for getting into one and schooling, undergrad degree in Poli Sci or Econ or some sort ofBusiness Finance degree and possibly some sort of MBA. Although my cousin did get into a fund with a journalism major (scratches head).

Originally Posted by Black Milk

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
..i dont get the logic in this. yes, the cost of living is higher, but a single male living in NYC or Cali making six figs is well off. i like how dudes who dont even live in the areas mentioned are talking like they know

His point is correct though. If you make say $150,000, $60,000 goes off into taxes, $15,000 into retirement funds, $36,000 for rent depending on where youlive. That's like $39,000 leftover and living cost is significantly higher. That's by no means balling.

i make 3600 a week and im a truck driver otr thou plus i get all types of discounts and tax write-0ffs not so bad for a single guy at 23 i guess
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Im 1 level at my job from making 6 figures as a regional manager.. im a manger and im on pace for about 70k from the time i became a manager too next year same time.. my regional is 23 and makes 100k and hes been working for the company 3 years... im on my first year in about 2 months.. just the long wait to become a regional smh.. if i get lucky and earn 2 stores like my previous manager before i got promoted... ill get 2 bonus checks a month which would put me at 100k..
son the tmobile buisness that serious?

real talk, i never be takin you serious.
You're not the only one my man

a lot of people have a misinformed figure of living 'comfortably' and being foolish with money. you could live comfortably off of 50k if you were'smart'. for a single person at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom