Who here makes 6 figures? Vol. 2016 edition

y'all funny :rofl:

we dont live together tho. she works with salesforce. thats where the money is. its so new that if you can spell it companies throwing bread at you. meanwhile my experience is in in antiquated SAP and another proprietary software that doesnt matter. :smh:

y'all funny
roll.gif

we dont live together tho. she works with salesforce. thats where the money is. its so new that if you can spell it companies throwing bread at you. meanwhile my experience is in in antiquated SAP and another proprietary software that doesnt matter.
mean.gif
SAP is far from antiquated lol. Each has its pros/cons. There is a bigger market for SAP professionals.

Same **** with NoSQL. RDBMS will always have its purpose and there are more jobs in that area even with NoSQL getting popular pretty recently.

Last edited:

Not Anti making money, just everyone I've ever known that make a lot of money whether its the corporate route or self employed work WAY more than 40 hours. 
Info on job / comparable companies that pay $240 to a person with less than 5 years experience and working a low stress job like IT.

Not saying you're lying. Just wondering.
Guess this was directed towards me?  Not even going to explain what it is. Its not an opportunity open to alot of people anyway.Can't imagine what you didn't even know existed .

My bro does what I will be doing and made 20K last month he's 23 and has less than 1 year of experience.

Not sure if my position will be low stress, I'll find out when I get it. I know I will be working 60 hours a week.

Last edited:
I recently changed industries (Insurance to Investment Banking) into one of the hottest markets globally. (Compliance)

With this move I took a base cut in salary. But over time with the current demand for growth and the yearly bonus it would place me in a much better situation than where I would of been had I stayed in the Insurance industry, which at the time was not doing well at all..

In addition, I also made a move out to Hong Kong where Uncle Sam currently is not taking any money from me as I don't currently hit the capital gains threshold. I believe it's 100K gross? Not certain though. At my current base and the bonus at year end I can advise later. But let me tell you it's a great feeling being able to keep a vast majority of the money you make and not unjustifiably giving it away...

Plenty of people make 6 figures working 40 hours or less. Hell, I'm in the office 40 hours and actually working 3/4 of the time at best. Salary is close to 6 figures now and I've been there 2 years. I know more senior co-workers with the same workload as me and the leave work early altogether to pick up their kids.

I have a ged and only went to a couple semesters at a cc and have made over 6 figures the last 4 years. Started out selling gas and electric door to door and moved up the ladder and now own a marketing company selling gas and electric still but getting a bigger piece of the pie. There's plenty of opportunity out there people just lack determination and commitment straight up

Have you counted how many lies you've told In the 4 years to make that money. You people knocking on people's door are annoying as hell

Last edited:

I got money going into a 401k , insurance , and taxes so it's not all taxes. But honestly I try to not look at my check because seeing that grip getting taken out has me tight

It's sick to see how much gets taken out from taxes :x :smh:

That's why ppl sell weed on the side.

It's just a plant.

Yes. It is legal to grow for personal use where I live. However, you can't sell it (legally). There are a number of loopholes to get around this though.

I make $78k at my day job. Work 40 hours a week and that's it. I don't think about my job as soon as I walk out the door. I'm involved in a few other businesses that I don't divulge much with NT. When one of the businesses comes to full fruition I will (hopefully) quit my day job and do this full time.

My roommate makes close to $90k but he is often working 60 hours a week and seems miserable.

If I'm not working for myself I'm not working any extra hours without being paid overtime. I'm not being a slave so a CEO can sit back somewhere and check his bank account to see how much money I've made him every morning. A lot of these consulting, wall street, finance gigs pay good but they aren't what they're cracked up to be. I highly value my personal time away from work. Couldn't work 40+ hours unless I'm working for myself.

Like when dude was saying a few pages back it's all about implementation. People see you doing something different and can't fathom how you got there. They usually want to be a part of it or do something similar but fail to even start planning or doing feasibility analysis. You define your goals and take it one step at a time to get there. Everyone can dream, few people actually ACT.

Last edited:
 I don't think about my job as soon as I walk out the door.

If I'm not working for myself I'm not working any extra hours without being paid overtime. I'm not being a slave so a CEO can sit back somewhere and check his bank account to see how much money I've made him every morning. A lot of these consulting, wall street, finance gigs pay good but they aren't what they're cracked up to be. I highly value my personal time away from work. Couldn't work 40+ hours unless I'm working for myself.

Like when dude was saying a few pages back it's all about implementation. People see you doing something different and can't fathom how you got there. They usually want to be a part of it or do something similar but fail to even start planning or doing feasibility analysis. You define your goals and take it one step at a time to get there. Everyone can dream, few people actually ACT.
TRUTH. As soon as I step out of the door my job doesn't exist to me lol,

Info on job / comparable companies that pay $240 to a person with less than 5 years experience and working a low stress job like IT.

Not saying you're lying. Just wondering.

From what I've seen. IT is NOT a low stress job. Roommate I just mentioned is an IT Consultant.

I recently changed industries (Insurance to Investment Banking) into one of the hottest markets globally. (Compliance)

With this move I took a base cut in salary. But over time with the current demand for growth and the yearly bonus it would place me in a much better situation than where I would of been had I stayed in the Insurance industry, which at the time was not doing well at all..

In addition, I also made a move out to Hong Kong where Uncle Sam currently is not taking any money from me as I don't currently hit the capital gains threshold. I believe it's 100K gross? Not certain though. At my current base and the bonus at year end I can advise later. But let me tell you it's a great feeling being able to keep a vast majority of the money you make and not unjustifiably giving it away...

Yeah you're lucky, and I'm jealous. HK has their own income tax and it is very low. If you retain your US passport you MUST file US federal returns. I think you are about right you can claim foreign earned income up to around $90k I think (maybe $100k now).Have you filed your taxes yet? It can get tricky since US tax season is Jan-Jan while HK is Apr-Apr. Also, if you don't pay your taxes properly before you leave HK and you plan on going back there the IRD will penalize you. You may want to sit with a professional before you leave just to make sure you square everything away properly.

I wish I still had the information but my finance professor in HK spent an entire lesson essentially teaching us how to evade taxes and launder money legally if we were to live and work in HK :lol: He was all about finding legal loopholes. Dude was a boss he took us to the Horse Races to gamble as a "Finance Fieldtrip".

Last edited:
Yep, I've already filed for both HK and US, as I'm still a US citizen. Surprisingly, the IRD is very lenient and helpful if you have questions or file incorrectly. In the long run I plan to eventually move back stateside and I'll def keep in mind your advice... But as of now, I'm comfortable with the way things are going and there's so much to explore and see out in APAC. :smokin

A bit off topic, but if anyone ever has the opportunity to experience life outside the US, I would highly recommend it especially here in HK.

SAP is far from antiquated lol. Each has its pros/cons. There is a bigger market for SAP professionals.

Same **** with NoSQL. RDBMS will always have its purpose and there are more jobs in that area even with NoSQL getting popular pretty recently.

SAP isn't a dinosaur but its like 40 years old. As far as ERP systems thats antiquated. IMO its best for plant/inventory management. for HR/Finance/Order Management there are better, more flexible and more cost efficient ERP systems.

SAP sucks. I use WMS daily but have to use SAP here and there throughout the day and its horrible. So many dam t-codes to memorize.

Last edited:
Some folks equate a 50-60 hour work week to being confined to an office. That's not the case. :lol:

You can be doing business/getting work done while out at lunch/dinner/golfing/traveling/or at home....

Last edited:
Is SAP really that bad? I have people on my team that do SAP PI/XI and that seems to be sought out a lot.

Never graduated college- I'm clearing exactly 6 figures tax free. Do the math to how much I would need to make to clear that after taxes.

Project administrator in the Middle East.

Big *** sacrifice to life and no doubt I would be much happier making that amount in North American. But it's all good. The world is ours, and God created for you if you can't make it one place you can definetly do it somewhere else.

You are an inspiration, my friend.

I make five figures.

Some folks equate a 50-60 hour work week to being confined to an office. That's not the case. :lol:

You can be doing business/getting work done while out at lunch/dinner/golfing/traveling/or at home....

That may be the case if you're collaborating on something or managing client relationships but business and leisure typically do not mix.

I'm equating the 50-60 hour work week to being confined to an office because that's what I see from my roommate, parents, and gf. Their normal hours are 40 but they are usually staying in the office to meet a deadline or submit a deliverable on time and end up working 60 hours a week. Also, they aren't getting paid OT for those hours.

You paint a pretty picture with what you just said but that is not the reality for most people who are overworked. And that is where the complaint with a higher salary but more hours lies. The fact that these people are workaholics or overworked. If you can work and make time for leisure at the same time, great. It means your job is relatively laid back and not so demanding. That's a good culture to work in but it's not the norm for people working 50-60 hour weeks, at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom