Who Here Has A "Good" Job With No College Degree VOL. 40K+

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by d5

slade...say I were to apply to an Ediscovery position that's asking for

* Previous experience of working in a litigation based function, whether Litigation Support, document review, paralegal etc
* eDiscovery technologies, preferably Clearwell.
* Graduate degree, and/or legal qualification.
* Financial services experience

what would qualify as eDiscovery technologies?

Clearwell is easy to learn on youtube you can learn it in 20 minutes
pimp.gif
i have a eDiscovery position with no experience
pimp.gif

most of the stuff i do now i learned in 1 week
the other guy was supposed to stay 2  months to train me, but he just took off cause him an the boss havnt talked for 1 year
indifferent.gif

its mostly the same teqniches over an over simple task boring too   
I have Help desk experience working with Remedy and Spice works.
Associates Degree Majoring in Information Technology and B.A. in economics which is irrelevant now
no certs but a lot of troubleshooting experience
I wanna apply to eDiscovery but they always as for legal experience and 5-7 years experience
i want to know if it's even worth it to apply now or should i go a different route to get to that position?

Originally Posted by d5

Originally Posted by d5

slade...say I were to apply to an Ediscovery position that's asking for

* Previous experience of working in a litigation based function, whether Litigation Support, document review, paralegal etc
* eDiscovery technologies, preferably Clearwell.
* Graduate degree, and/or legal qualification.
* Financial services experience

what would qualify as eDiscovery technologies?

Clearwell is easy to learn on youtube you can learn it in 20 minutes
pimp.gif
i have a eDiscovery position with no experience
pimp.gif

most of the stuff i do now i learned in 1 week
the other guy was supposed to stay 2  months to train me, but he just took off cause him an the boss havnt talked for 1 year
indifferent.gif

its mostly the same teqniches over an over simple task boring too   
I have Help desk experience working with Remedy and Spice works.
Associates Degree Majoring in Information Technology and B.A. in economics which is irrelevant now
no certs but a lot of troubleshooting experience
I wanna apply to eDiscovery but they always as for legal experience and 5-7 years experience
i want to know if it's even worth it to apply now or should i go a different route to get to that position?

Son all that %#+ is fake
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
   i had a job Network Engineer, it required 12 years experience, i was 20 so you know i wasnt qualified i read some simple things up , watched youtube , Trolled thru the interview
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  got the job , worked with old dudes made good money, had no timeclock so i **#$%+ around came in late alot left early alot they gave me a couple warnings but i was young an on that YOLO
ohwell.gif
  , learned my lesson now though , but you can see all that %#+ is fake certs experience you  dont  need just lie thru interview land the job , do what everyone else does , go in their over qualified

26 and contemplating a career change already. 
laugh.gif

I do work my own hours and out of my house for a decent salary. I just don't feel like I am not doing something that is challenging me. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

laugh.gif

I do work my own hours and out of my house for a decent salary. I just don't feel like I am not doing something that is challenging me. 

what eggsactly do u do

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

laugh.gif

what eggsactly do u do
Accounting and accounts receivable for a sports retail chain. Help out with some of the buying as well. Its generally pretty stress-free, but the tediousness of correcting 500 items that are all 3 cents off can be a little much.

Los ANGELES PEOPLE
get hired this week

TigerLead Solutions

Benefits
We're offering a competitive starting salary with opportunity for growth, medical benefits, paid holidays and personal days, paid monthly parking, an informal and pet-friendly work environment, a well-stocked kitchen with both healthy and not-so-healthy food and beverages, dual monitors and a high-end workstation, no dress code, the opportunity to be mentored by a talented team of developers and engineers, and an extremely nice group of folks as your co-workers.

How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume including your salary history and requirements to [email protected]. No need to send attachments, instead simply paste your resume into the body of the email with your cover letter and don't worry about losing the formatting. It's also OK to send a link to your LinkedIn profile in lieu of your resume if you prefer. Thank you for your interest; we look forward to hearing from you!

Tiger Lead Solutions
1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Ste. 102
Los Angeles, CA 90025

whats the position for? I can't find any info on it.

Just started working at Goodyear Dunlop as a tire builder... Pay starts at 14.02/hr ... There is a differential depending on what shift you go to since its open 24/7. $.50 raise every one year anniversary until the 3rd year when you go to your full rate which is about $24-$28/hr depending on your position....

Simple work but it's labor intensive, you will be exhausted after work everyday. Takes a while to get into the union (960 hours) so they can pretty much fire u for any reason until then.

I just started but I like it so far. I don't like the idea of becoming a robot though which is pretty much what the job entails...

Something to bring income in until my business picks up... I work overnight 11-7 Monday and Tuesday and 7-7 sat and sun. May be too much for people who need their weekends but I personally don't care about being off on weekends.

Mad overtime offered after u become certified, excellent benefits, they will even help u pay for school and whatnot after u are in the union just in case u want to venture into something else or do something on the side (real estate, cdl, various certifications) 401k is pretty good, they automatically contribute 3% of your earnings then match 50% of your contribution up to 2% so that's a quick 5% of your earnings in free money...

It isn't for everybody but since I don't have any kids, I can put in some overtime and start building a nest egg. Wish I would have gotten in when I was 18, I'd be sittin good right now (at 24) cost of living is pretty low here so on $20+/hr, u can live real good.

I'm still looking for other opportunities though, I probrobly won't go back to school until I can pay without taking out loans, I really want a degree in psychology, more for the education, less about the money,,.

If your in the DMV area I do have one recruiter who is looking for a couple of people (IT) ...

easy job

CALL

Aftab Pathan 404-850-9739

all this below is lies ,cause your not required to do any of that
pimp.gif

Position required strong knowledge of the following:
expert Bluecoat proxy experience a must
1.Cisco equipment, mainly switches and routers is a must
2.Knowledge of routing protocols BGP/EIGRP
3.LAN WAN diagnostic skills
4.Wireless mainly Cisco

Working 8-5 PST, but also rotating on call for after hours support.

I'm 23, currently make close to 40 a year...I'm about to quit in the next couple months and go to barber school, though.

Gonna' be roughin' it while I'm in school for a couple months, probably won't have much extra money 'cause I'm gonna' have to get some dinky part time job so I can go full time and get it over with.

But by this time next year I'll be done and doing something I can enjoy for hopefully a similar pay.

so ya'll heard about the CEO of yahoo getting fired because he lied on his resume?

Yea.... keep thinking ya'll gon' get over if you want to. Keep thinking that.

Back
Top Bottom