who has the best footwork right now in the NBA?

Best footwork?

• Kobe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeBron

• Wade

• Zach Randolf

• Al Jefferson

• Aldridge

• Nowitzki

• Amare

• DRose

• Durant

• Duncan

• Pierce

• Bosh

• Total voters
Probably James Harden or Tim Duncan.

Kobe is up there along with Manu.

For the guy who said Melo--I think you might've meant he has an amazing triple threat. That jab step or one dribble to shot is bar none the best in the league. His perimeter game is a lot better than what people give him credit for. He also gets shafted with foul calls when he's down in the paint as well, but he won't get most of those calls, or else he'd be going to the line more than Harden. The difference would be ridiculous too :lol:

Lotta honorable mentions but Kobe takes it IMO.

Post game, jump hooks, dream shakes, up and under , endless pump fakes, spin move, triple threat etc the dude has too many moves and counters for moves as well.

That pump fake he caught VC with was set up so perfectly because he was already cooking with the pull up jumper, it was a thing of beauty.

Al Jefferson and Z Bo are underrated also, seems impossible to be that good on the block without proper footwork/technique.

David Lee has good footwork in the post... probably one of the better bigman in this department.

Kobe
Gasol bros
Scola
Spurs big 3
Z-b

Other people I saw listed like Wade and Harden have good euro steps and are slippery getting to the rim but otherwise their footwork is not seeing guys like Kobe. Kobe has had so many instances of using his pivot foot to get defenders out of position even at a standstill after picking up his dribble, most recently against the Mavs when he stepped thru into the lane and then swung it over to Nash for a 3. Or that shot fake and then reverse pivot from the elbow he had against the Knicks last season :x

Kobe
Gasol bros
Scola
Spurs big 3
Z-b

Other people I saw listed like Wade and Harden have good euro steps and are slippery getting to the rim but otherwise their footwork is not seeing guys like Kobe. Kobe has had so many instances of using his pivot foot to get defenders out of position even at a standstill after picking up his dribble, most recently against the Mavs when he stepped thru into the lane and then swung it over to Nash for a 3. Or that shot fake and then reverse pivot from the elbow he had against the Knicks last season :x

wade has good footwork. its not on kobes level but he has very good footwork the way he splits double teams with a spin move and his fadeawayz

Kobe and it's not even close. The title should read "Who has the best footwork right now in the NBA after Kobe Bryant". Dude truly knows how to utilize the 2 steps he's given. 

Last edited:
^ wasn't really a footwork compilation
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I know I know but just watch closely at a lot of the plays. Maybe it takes a trained eye to see, someone who really knows the game. 

For an example, at 4:39. Pure Footwork, no way he's getting off that shot or even getting in that position without his feet. 

And yes, I agree with Roboto. It is a reason for his longevity and covering up his declining athleticism because he ADAPTEd, exactly like MJ did. Their knees went and they needed to stay relevant. Hence why they both adopted that old school game, back to basics by truly utilizing the triple threat. 

The first name that pops up in my head is Kobe.

Other names that follow

Scola
Pau
Duncan

Guards
Kyrie
Goran Dragic
Manu

Last edited:
kobe and it aint close

not giving any props to harden cus we all know its a damn travel and refs are too stupid to call it.

Zbo is deadly when he decides to face you up.

Dirk needs to be mentioned more.

Harden is the popular pick with the way he scores but I'm still not sure if he has amazing footwork or gets away with traveling alot.

why are we talking about ways to score instead of footwork ...

people that travel constantly should be excluded from this list ...

NOT EVEN ONE MENTION OF CLIFF PAUL?! :x

Can't vote for Kyrie or TP?

Fraudulent thread.

:lol:

(Kobe, though)

Back
Top Bottom